Video Games Xbox, PS2 or Gamecube?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kojiro, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Kojiro

Kojiro New Member

which is the better buy? tell me? i have a hw assignment, on this so help plz, support your answer also.

2. Sieghardt

Sieghardt Man With the Machine Gun

The XBox

1. Has very good graphics, sound, and different controller sizes.
    2. Has a hard drive that lets you save exactly 1000 games without a memory chip/card.
    3. The most realistic games are coming out very soon, like Fable, look a few threads to read about Fable.

3. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

PS2

1) Has some of the best games ever made (AC3, EOE, FFX, ETM, etc.)
    2) Great graphics
    3) Kills the competition....

4. Rayne

Rayne New Member

PS2

(...period.)

5. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

GameCube

gc of course, ill tell ya why:

* Great graphics
    * Great Sound
    * allows progressive scan mode for special tv
    * takes almost no time to load
    * wireless controllers(you can play trough walls with these babys)
    * great, exclusive games, you know, mario, zelda, metroid, Resident evil 0, etc etc
    * well known for the super fun multiplayer games.
    * it´s really small and the mini dvd´s are great!
    * nintendo´s support and many years of experience
    * in my memory card i have up to 36 game files and i still have room for more, anyways, they are not expensive.

i could go on but....

i strongly recommend gc, see ya :D

6. star buck

star buck New Member

i was hoping there'd be a poll, but never mind, ps2 has to be the best, as it has ff10 and red factio n2 on, me fave games :)

7. Eva_001

Eva_001 New Member

PS2.
    the reasons.
    -it may not have the best graphics, but the games are the best, and graphics is not wat u look for in a game when u buy it, its gameplay.
    -the controller is not as big as the dreamcast consol. and it is comfortable.
    -and here is a good quote to use to describe x-box "thinking they can paint the best painting just because they have the best set of brushes".
    -ps2 kicks ***
    -it is cool
    -it rules
    -it has better games
    -it is mad
    -it rules.
    yes, im bablin g now............

8. c0ke

c0ke New Member

My vote would probably go for the PS2

Although it's true that the Game Cube and the X-Box has superior graphics compared to the PS2, the PS2 came out a year+ before both these systems and yet it still continues to dominates the console market. This is probably due to the fact that the PS2 has more games with high replay value then it's two competitors, or just plain old fun factor.

Yes there are several good games on the X-Box and the Game Cube systems I can name a few.

Game Cube:

Super Smash Bro. Melee
    Metroid Prime
    ZELDA!

X-Box:

Halo
    uhhh..............

Even though they are fun to play, you're not getting much value if you spend 150+ dollars just to play one or two games.

The future games of the three systems, lets see X-box plans to release Halo 2 in the near future, also they got the rights to release Doom III on their system. Both good game but not enough reason to go out and buy the system as pointed out before. Also I'm not much of a fan of Halo. And lastly Doom three requires a **** load of resources to play properly, even just to get 30 fps, and if a computer were to use the spec X-Box uses, it would probably crash due to insufficient resources. Meaning to actually be able to play Doom III on the X-Box, id software would have to kill off some of the graphics and most like would look shittier compared to the computer release (whenever that may be).

Square finally decided to release a Final Fantasy game on the Nintendo System, but with Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XI, and Final Fantasy XII plans on the PS2 it's not much competition.

Now it's true Soul Caliber II is releasing different secret characters for each system (GC: Link, X-Box: Spawn, PS2: Heihachi <Though I think they should have used Kenshin Himura, since Sony has the rights to Rurouni Kenshin> ), but unless you're some game freak with too much time and money; that should be spent on better things then 3 of the same game on different systems (like my friend), then you could care less which system you play the game on, after it's basically the same thing in the end. Also the PS controller is best suited for this game, in fact in my opinion it's the best controller out of the three systems. The PS2 controller is also superior due to the fact that you can play with the PS1 controller on the PS2 system or play with the PS2 controller on the PS1 system. (Though there are some PS2 game that only function with the PS2 controller, but there aren't that many games like that)

The Game Cube controller looks too complex and messy, while the X-box controller is too bulky even the new compact version is too bulky for me.

The DVD feature found on these systems, though sort of useless since almost everybody owns a DVD player. The X-Box DVD players which comes with the system, has it's flaws, and one intentional flaw, you can't play DVDs unless you buy the DVD remote for 29.95 msrp. Game Cube on the other hand can't even read DVDs because it uses mini DVDs that could get easily lost. I'm not entirely sure, but Nintendo plans to make a mod so you can play DVDs on the Game Cube, or release a whole new Game Cube system. It's most likely false rumor, but either way I wouldn't spend another 50-100 dollars just so I can watch DVDs on the Game Cube. Playstation 2 though comes with the DVD playback and doesn't require you to buy a remote play DVDs.

Well these are my reason why PS2 is a better buy, but they're just my opinion.

9. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

Must be nice to get school assignments about game systems. Anyway, if you really want to get some good insights about which of these systems is better, you should check out the Thread by Blood Pheonix with the poll about each system you are questioning. There are a lot of good points there to use.

P.S.-------I am totally for the PS2 console. Nothing on the market has come close to beating them yet, and they are getting ready to release the PS3 soon. Sony is the best.

Vic

10. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

All I know is that the Gamecube actually has a slightly faster processor than the PS2, and therefore loads a little faster and has smoother graphics.

I am a PS2 lover merely because it has a lot of the good games that are coming out -- Final Fantasy, Xenogears/saga, Tekken, Silent Hill, etc. The controls are also easier to use, IMHO, than the Gamecube's or the X-Box's. However, Gamecube is the only system as far as I know that has Bloody Roar: Primal Fury, which is pure fighting game perfection and the only thing that makes me want to buy a 'cube. :rolleyes:

11. Dwarf-man

Dwarf-man New Member

The weakes consol and lowest qualaty is Playstation 2 after that is it Game cube and best is X-box you have to choose for you self look at the games you like and buy that consol you like most and after some week,s or years you can buy a new one or something