Video Games Xeno Gears

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ardis, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Ardis

Ardis New Member

I was wondering if there were any fans of this game, that in my opinion it rates on par with the Final Fantasy series, maybe even higher.
    I played it though and loved it. Any one else have an opinion on this other SquareSoft Game?

2. Yuna

Yuna New Member

I've been looking for Xenogears... I've heard about it alot, but I couldn't find the game... ;.;

3. Ardis

Ardis New Member

The game shouldn't be too hard to find, then again I haven’t been looking.

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I've played the game, although I got stuck at Miang the last time you fight her!!! I've seen the whole game played though, watching my bro play.

But yeah, it's probably my favourite Role Playing Game. Xenogears seems to be for more mature audiences though, since it has a rather deep storyline... Also I love references in the game to different religions, such as Norse and Chrisitianity.

Even more, I love giant robots [​IMG]

5. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

The game is $#@%$ awesome! I think one of the best parts was the 'Soylent Factor' mwa ha ha...

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Couldn't ever get into this one... borrowed it once, and tried to play thru, but something between the characters/gameplay/storyline just couldn't grip me strong enough...

BakaMattSu, finally said "what's the point anymore?" after falling the 10th time at the Tower of Babel...

7. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

That was the best when your group ate some 'mystery food' that was right outside of the soylent factory...

SOYLENT MYSTERY FOOD IS MADE OUT OF PEOPLE!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

8. Ardis

Ardis New Member

I loved the part after Deus is defeated by Fei, then he summons Xenogears.

[This message has been edited by Ardis (edited 11-09-2001).]

9. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

All I can say is that I want to change my name to Yggdrasil, just so my sister can't call me words that sound like my name. Besides, being a legendary tree might be cool.
    All I've really played of the game, however, is the fighting mode, and a few minutes here and there mostly when That Guy!'s brother brought a PSX over to my place last spring and told me to take the control while he went to the bathroom [​IMG].
    That fighting mode is cool, though.

------------------
    KICKSTART MY HEART!

10. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

ya BakaMattSu, the only reason I got very far was to get either one of my bros, prob ThatGuy! to make all the jumps for me. I just sucked at jumping.

and what the game a bit annoying but also interesting was when I had to fight Seraphita and the other water girl with Fei and Elly, and I kept on dying, no matter how much I trained. IDAVE seemed to have beat it the first or second time, but it took me 15-20 times, 'member ThatGuy!? its like the game was set to be different each time for battles.

11. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Xenogears is one of the best games ever!