Video Games Xenogears...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BakaMattSu, May 8, 2002.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I just have one question for you fans of this and the upcoming Xenosaga.

What is the attraction to this game? I know more than several people who swear by their name that it is the absolute best RPG they've ever played.

With that notion, I borrowed it a ways back, but after a few days of play, I just couldn't go in. There wasn't enough there to catch me, and I realized I really wasn't having fun playing it - it was more like I was forcing myself to try and finish it.

Soooo...my question to all you Xeno-fans is:

Why do you like this game so much? What is it that you can see that I cannot? Tell me!

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

When I played the game, the story was convoluted and fragmented. Playing along, I got to know more...and see how dark it is (funny scenes included). It was pretty addicting to me in that I kept wanting to find out what the heck was really going on. Especially with that "reincarnation" stuff...

Plus the Mecha battles are always hella fun!!

3. Ak1t0

Ak1t0 New Member

All those anime cut scenes were so pretty. And while the story made little sense at the beggining for some reason I just wanted to play more until I found out what was going on. And the music was great. For some reason I never got tired of hearing it. Even the battle music didnt get old to me and thats a rare thing. Well that and ID.

Xenosaga will hopefully help us all understand more of what was going on before Xenogears started. Xenogears was the 5th episode in the story. And supposedly they will be going thru all 6 episodes of the story including, possibly, a complete redoing of Xenogears itself. Of course that is based on hearsay. But I can always hope right?

4. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Still waiting for PAL release...
    Stupid country.