Yaoi and Yuri Yami no Matsuei/ Descendants of Darkness

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Dead Dragon, Jul 24, 2003.

1. Dead Dragon

Dead Dragon New Member

I cannot say enough good things about this series. It is defiantly my favorite out there now. The plot is very original and catchy, the characters are beautiful (and bishiful :D ), and the villians are EVIL!! The only thing I'm sad about is that it's not getting as much attention as it deserves (and that they totally screwed up the dub :( ). Has anyone else seen this wonderful series? If you haven't, then I would definatly recomend checking it out.

2. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

I've seen the whole thing, just finished the last DVD last week! :D

I agree that it was very good, the only problem being the usual "anime was finished when manga was still running" issue where an ending had to be made before the actual manga ended. However, it was very well done, unlike some other series I've seen that do the same thing. YnM is funny when it should be funny and the angst never got to be too much.

The dub is awful. Hisoka and Tsuzuki I can stand, but I died laughing when I heard Muraki in English. He's so... nasal. Sometimes he sounds like he has a straw up his nose. And he was my favorite character too. :(

3. Dead Dragon

Dead Dragon New Member

Ugh, I can agree with you about the dub. I didn't think Hisoka was that bad, but what did they do to poor Watari!?!?!? I'm almost positive that they gave him the voice of James from Pokemon. :mad: And you're right about Muraki, I kind of pictured his voice to be deeper.

4. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

I didn't think of that... I think it is James. It's a conspiracy.

It's great when dub Watari mentions that he has a pure Kansai accent in that fakey English accent. Sure you were born in Japan, Watari. Suuuure you were. :p

5. Odin

Odin Member

I've only seen a couple episodes of yami no matsue on Hong Kong bootleg DVDs. Needless to say, I had more fun making fun of the poor subtitles than actually watching the show. It was pretty, but I haven't seen enough to comment on anything else.
    -Odin

6. Sakura

Sakura New Member

I've read the manga but haven't been able to see the anime just yet. I haven't been able to find it.

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

For someone who fights repeated threads, I don't want to make one my own :p
    Beside, it didn't past a page, so I don't think making a new thread is necessary.

I bought that anime when I was in Malaysia, including few other anime. I found it was really weird how cheap they were, especially including the whole series. I realized later on that they were all bootlegs. But good ones so far :p

I got DoD in a 2 DVD set, 6 episodes in the first DVD and 7 in the 2nd. I consider the anime a very soft yaoi, since there has been few teases now and then ^^; (which was a bit dissapointing for me, a yaoi fan :p).

I wish to see the 2nd part if there will ever be one :)

8. Strawberrypocky

Strawberrypocky New Member

The Anime is Amazing, and the comic is just as good.
    Its a pity the anime was running when the manga was still in Japan for it.
    I bealive they stop at the episode where Hisoka gets a Shinkingami.
    *sighs* Truely I love anything with a possible Yaoi in it XD~~~
    even though Tsuzukis 91 and Hisokas 16 whats the matter right?
    I can relate *looks down* *blush* well thats not importent hehehehe *scratches the back of his head* thanks again ^^