Art Yay for Experimentation

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by ~ Zack ~, Dec 4, 2002.

1. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Well some consider it cheating and copyright infringement... I call it experimentation and it's helped me a lot in some of the drawing I do... Anyways, here we go...

Back in the day, I used to just find pictures I liked, then try to draw them, that's how I started getting into anime and such. After a while, I just added my own little original details and such into the picture. Of course, I would never claim it as my own, so to speak and such... I would always give acknowledgement of the artist of the real picture (and occasionally belittle myself for lowering myself to copying someone else's art). But anyways, here's something I whipped up in school today using a picture of Ayame from Tenchu (her design for Tenchu 3: Wrath of Heaven I believe it's called). I, like a lot of people who role-play, don't always go and draw pictures of our characters for ourselves, so thusly, we use pictures of other characters/people to represent them. I tend to use the techinique described above. So, anyways... I found this picture of Ayame for a ninja character I was working on, and there were some things I really liked about the picture, then some things that the picture lacked that I wanted my character to have. And being it that I never pay attention in school, I decided to... okay, yeah, you get the idea... anyways, here I'll post the original picture first...

Attached Files:

2. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

...and then I'll post the picture I drew...

Attached Files:

3. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Nice, you may be using another persons art (technically) but you do add your own twist on it. Keep it up.

4. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

wickett.

that's definetely a new technique. You've sorta made it yours. ^_^ I admire your talent.
    peace

5. neoblacklady

neoblacklady ~*Tpyo Godedses*~

that is awesome. Good job. as neph says...but off the chain.
    And good idea of you back in the day.... just copying the pic. It shows youput a lot into it.:)

6. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

good job ArK..i like what you added to the pic,keep it up..

7. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

AWESOME!!!

Its better than the picture!! :D