Art Yehaw!. (2 new cgs).

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Tanuki, Aug 2, 2003.

1. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

Yehaw!. ok...4 new cg's...

this ones pretty self explainatory... the only parts i didn't cg are the sky, which is obviously a photo, and the wood, which i hand rendered and patched in...i can't cg wood to save myself.x_x.

2. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

this ones been in the works a LONG time now. not sure if i still like it or not. i know i like the cat and the chubby kid hiding behind the fridge, but not sure 'bout the rest. i did block shading for the most part....not sure why....

3. DarkNd Destiny

DarkNd Destiny New Member

Nice!

Cute pictures!

:)

4. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Waoh! Chihiro! I never did like the shape of her character design, but I like her English-dubbed voice (the same actress as young Samara from The Ring!). It looks pretty accurate, although her limbs could use more shading.

The other pic is pretty fun-looking, and reminds me that I should draw more group pics of characters. I dunno about you guys, but the kid on TOP of the fridge--that looks so cool, I wanna try it! The character designs are interesting too--kinda chibi, kinda American.

5. Lady Shadow-san

Lady Shadow-san New Member

I ate the chubby kid for dinner last night, MYA HA HA HAAAAA!! (Gomen for that insight into my sick little mind.)
    GREAT JOB!!

6. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

I love the first 1!!!! it was soo cool... the second one was different... wasnt expecting it...

7. spikecomix

spikecomix New Member

I really like the second one! IT's so great!

8. Tetsuo

Tetsuo New Member

Great job again poom.
    The Chihiro pic looks nice, the face is great but the torso and limbs...well i dunno if i look it wrong maybe but are they a lil bit too small for the head?

Second one *waves thumbs* funny,cute,looks good. Is that poor fella that's under the dragon, dead?

9. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

thanx for replying all.:)
    tetsuo, yeah, i thinng i stuffed the limbs up too. glibi seems to draw her with different proportions depending on whether its a distance shot or close up etc. that kinda threw me a bit. (that and the fact i dont do may full body shots:p ). guess i should practice them some.
    seraphinx, i know what you mean about the character design. i really don't like any ghlibi designs. but for some reason i quite like chihiro's. and ghlibi faces are very easy to draw.:p

10. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

i think in the first pic the body is too thin ..
    about the Second one:
    :sweat: you know that dragons dont eat sweet little stuffed juicy yummy kids:sweat2:... "just had 2 kids for dinner, you know that a dragon gotta eat:D "

nice work PP;) ..

11. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Really love the style of your number one pic. Anime overload latley... :p
    The second one depicts our drama christmas party last year surprisingly well.

sorry not sure what happened here UFO...-Ser

12. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

i like the first one better, the second one....the dragon...it looks like...ehem...with that child:rolleyes: i know, i know, i'm kind of dirty minded but really, it looks like it:D

love chihiro! poor child always with that worried face, nice work.

13. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

thought i'd try some funky perspective...
    rather american actually. (don't kill me:p)
    [​IMG]

14. Tanuki

Tanuki the wizzard of oz

here's another one. it was originally a full body shot, but i was unhappy with the folding of the lower parts of the cloak, so i lopped it off.:eek: maybe i should have just let this pic die gracefully....
    both this and the last pic are the result of an assignment that is really frustrating me at the moment. guess i'd better get back to it though...:rolleyes:

the pic is kind of based on a party i went to once....:p . apart from the dragon everything else happened. This pic was actually larger and had extra character in it original, but i cut them out. my original idea was to have total choas, and hundreds of character doing crazy stuff. but as usual i got lazy...

:p ...
    anyways, these last 2 i've done minimal cg work and kept the line-art. i'd be interested to see what ppl think. does this look better than the chihiro style of no line art?...

note the elaborate use of background in this one...:D

15. Influences

Influences New Member

I seen your first and I now see this girl and well me (THE AMERICAN SLOB!!) ;) and I have to say you have gotten alot better in a very short time the girl looks simply put wonderful and the (ME) looks really smooth keep it comming poom you're doing great

16. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I do wonder how much time you put into each of these. if you rank them?

your first cg is really nice, yet before reading that it was the train, I thought the windows were a wall. its hard to get a nice reflective surface cged../ and everyone else said this, but I do love your whiteline highlight on her shirt/body, but perhaps a thin black line would make her body stand out more from the background?

^__^ nice stuff. a range of different cg styles, but I see
    poom-poom in all of them.