Yet another odd occurance

Discussion in 'Help Desk' started by Novus, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

Weird things seem to happen to me often enough at this site.
    Today I clicked the logout button and was hit with a message to the effect of "this user has not registered and does not have a profile to view". I paraphrase, of course, but I think this is a bit weird, to be unable to log out.
    Also, that old problem I was having so long ago with email notification being overactive is still there. And I keep getting subscribed threads in my User CP for which I did not subscribe.
    Is there anything I can do about any of this?

2. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Hm, I have the same problem whenever I login. No problems logging out though.

3. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

Yes, when I log in, I've had the same problems. I've not really logged out though, so I don't know there.

4. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

This problem only happens to me when I log in on the home page thingy. WHen I go to a specific forum, I have no trouble at all.

5. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Re: Logging in/Logging Out Issues

This has been brought to our attention, and we are still investigating the cause and solution. This is an annoying event, and the only thing I can offer so far is to attempt clearing your cookies and logging in again fresh.

Re: Subscription Woes

Click here and ensure you have selected "Do not subscribe" as your Default Subscription Mode under the Messaging and Notification section of your options.

This won't clear out any subscriptions you've accumulated to this point, so after that, be sure to edit your subscribed threads and remove any subscriptions.

6. Novus

Novus Gone

We've been through many a time in the past. As always, it's set that way, so that can't be the cause. Still, I'm getting covered in email messages about every little post, sometimes in threads which I have never even read. It's just annoying is all.
    I guess a little more spam won't make my inbox explode.