Square Enix You think Square is making too many games at one time?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Kaneda_345, Nov 17, 2002.

?

Do you think Squaresoft is making one game too many at once?

1. Yeah.....

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Nope.....

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Kaneda_345

Kaneda_345 The Star Stealing Boy

Alright, I think Square is going a little overboard with all their games.Here are the games they are currently working on....

-Final Fantasy X-2
    -Final Fantasy VII-2
    -Final Fantasy XII
    -Final Fantasy XIII(should'nt they at least release XII first..:confused: )
    -Final Fantasy Crystal Chronical
    -Final Fantasy remakes
    -There are more,most likely

Thats alot of games.....Like I said I think they are working on too much...

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Square always has a few (many) projects that are in the works. Much like Capcom in the past. And Nintendo. Personally, I think it's good they're reaching out fast, and quickly. The games are still quality, and many of the games they're releasing are just rereleased. Wasn't X already in the works when VIII came out?

I always enjoy the Square games, with the exception of Ehrgeiz, but that was only mildly amusing. If Square keeps on churning out quality games with good story, then I'm all up for the hurrying and the hassle and the hype and the rapid releases. After all, Square is good. Good is Square. BAAAAAAAD circle. :p

It's a good thing they're not like Capcom, they make arcades (MvC2, CapcomVs.SNK2, [did they make] Resident Evil?, etc.] AND port them to consoles...which include the PS2, (I believe) Xbox, Gameboy Advanced...and such...PLUS makes Megaman games, the console Resident Evils...hehehe, they're busier than Square. But, there are three subdivision of Capcom...and Square I believe has the same amount...plus their own studio in LA. Wait...do they still HAVE that studio?

Edit: I also just found out that Capcom makes PDA games...*sigh* Now THAT"S too much.

3. Kaneda_345

I like all of Squarsofts games too.Thats what Im worried about.If they have 10 different things to do(at once) than there is a high possibility they may mess up somewhere along the line,while this may be unlikely the chance is still there.They do have seperate teams for some of the games though,so thats a relief....:sweat2:

4. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I think they can handle it. They're big boys, and they don't often let their fans down in terms of quality. I don't think it'll be such a big problem.

5. Sol

Sol New Member

Yeah they're making a lot of games at once. But Squaresoft is a big company now; they can handle all the preasure as long as they don't rush it. It would be a waste making a FF game and it is not enjoyable as the past ones. Just hope Squaresoft didn't waste their time.

6. Kaneda_345

Congrats on your 100th post.

I think they need to slow down with the FFs.They havent even began FFXII but they are already thinking about FFXIII.......That just doesnt seem right.

7. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Eh, I've only heard about the production of three of those... FFX-2, FFXII and the remakes for I and II. (Well technically four) But I don't think they're over-doing it. As DL said, they're big boys, they can handle it.

8. IDAVE

IDAVE New Member

I think the more games in production means the more jobs for animators and programmers etc. The more the better!
    And also the fact that more people are buying games than ever before is encouraging. This year the industry raked in $6 billion in profit and this trend is likely to see an increase as graphics get better and more innovative games are created! (I assure you everything has not been done yet theres always room for improvement!)

1 person likes this.