Manga Your First Manga

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Stos, Feb 9, 2003.

1. Aya-Kun_Is_Mine

Aya-Kun_Is_Mine New Member

Lol i can't remember but it would prob been dragon ball/z or pokemon lol

2. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

ivw always been an anime person so i started manga fairly recently. my first was resevoir chronicle:tsubasa by CLAMP

1 person likes this.
  3. TheGreatShinobi

TheGreatShinobi New Member

well I dont really know if this counts but the first one I bought was the shonen jump and that has naruto, one peice, yugioh, shaman king, and sand lands.

1 person likes this.
  4. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Oh, that would be Love Hina. I just watched anime, until i recently moved here i had nowhere to buy manga

1 person likes this.
  5. samaside

samaside New Member

First manga....

Psychic Academy Vo.1........ I just got into the manga becaues it's so freakin' expensive. So, I got something I thought was cool and my little sister likes it too so.... Yeah, that was the first one I ever got.

6. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

My first manga was Chobits Vol. 1. At least I think so. It was so long ago I'm not really sure. o_o

7. Black_Rose

Black_Rose New Member

the first manga i got was .Hack but that was a b'day present the first manga I bought was DNAngel vol.1 :D its really good THe first manga i READ was Chobits (that is brill!)

1 person likes this.
  8. vonniesmile

vonniesmile New Member

my first manga comic was sailor moon and dragonball z.
    I now have 11 of the sailor moon books (but I still haven't read the supers or stars) :p

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I remember... I was in Grade 12, and it was the last day of classes before the Semester 1 finals. (January... something-or-other)

I was on my way to math class, and found out that my teacher was going home sick. I found this out, by walking into her, and she said she was going home.

So, I figured, "last day of classes, teacher's leaving, what the heck."

I left the school and took a bus to Mill Woods Town Center. Finding the store "Warp III," I decided, on impulse, to buy a copy of Excel Saga, Vol. 1, because I had heard good things about it from a friend of mine.

Shortly after, I had to return to school for my last class, Social Studies, which was also my favorite. (Interesting thing there, my friend and I spent a good 75% of the classes talking to each other, and I still finished with a 98% class mark and a 92% on the diploma)

Anyway, that marks the end of the beginning, of my manga collection. It's now 23 times larger than it was that first day. (23 books :p)

1 person likes this.
  10. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

The first manga I read was most likely Ranma 1/2, and the first I bought I cannot remember at all.

11. Willuknight

Willuknight New Member

first manga i read and completed was Love Hina, and the first manga i bought was Gunsmith Cats volume something or other.

12. Aiko

Aiko New Member

Mmm.. My first Manga was Inu-yasha. ^^

13. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

The first manga i bought was Evangelion Vol 3. I had seen the series so i thought it wouldn't matter that much if i skiped a few volumes.

14. YokoburiKinura

Heh, the first I bought was also Evangelion. One day I was sitting in my dorm playing Diablo, and this one guy from a couple doors down came by and noticed, and he wanted me to get on Battle.net and do a multiplayer game with him. Well, I didn't really want to, but tried anyway to appease him. Trying to hook up to Battle.net crashed my computer twice. :anger2:

I was pretty aggravated, so I snuck down the stairs, making sure not to run into the guy. I jumped a bus headed up to the next town to do a little anime/book browsing. I ran across Evangelion vol. 4, and decided that since it introduced my favorite character (Asuka at the time, I'm a little more into Misato now), had such awesome artwork (Sadamoto is one of my only three canonized 'manga art gods' at the moment), and I'd had such a crappy day already I went ahead and bought it even though Viz manga was seriously overpriced. So it was thanks to 'The Baka' (as we still remember him by - he went and watched End of Evangelion before seeing any of the TV :anger2: ) that I got into the wonderful world of manga :)

1 person likes this.
  15. H.Inaiy

H.Inaiy New Member

Mine is CLAMP's Sakura...

16. Tai

Tai New Member

The first one I bought for me was Ragnarok.

17. Twilight

Twilight New Member

My frist manga was Peach Girl, love that series to death T^T

18. SteamedRice

SteamedRice New Member

My first manga was Love Hina.. I already had all the anime volumes before I bought the manga.. But then they told me that the manga is funnier than the anime so I just had to see it for myself.. Well they were right, it is funnier...

19. Yu_ki

Yu_ki New Member

The first manga I read was one of my roommate's, Card Captor Sakura. Then I got Imadoki in Japanese, but my level of the language, uhm, needs a lot of improvement as of the moment... :( Otherwise, I LOVED Saiyuki and even got teased by a Japanese adult friend for reading it secretly while in the computer labs...

20. Vatina

Vatina New Member

My first was Dragonball :/ It was the only one you could get here at the time, so I bought it at a sale.

And then later I ran into Oh! My Goddess volume 4 at an import bookstore ^_^