Yu-Gi-Oh! Yu-Gi-Oh Capsule Monsters

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Fushigi Rockna, May 27, 2006.

1. Fushigi Rockna

Yes folks, it’s another YGO spinoff. This one produced by 4Kids, who just can’t let the opportunity to milk a franchise go!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=6322

…all I can say is this. Making all these YGO spin offs isn’t a good thing. It’s doing bad for its reputation. It’s already bad enough how YGO is viewed by most otaku, but now it’s turning into another DBZ…only worse. It’s like, frick, making a dog that was gonna die peacefully of old age get up and do a couple more tricks before his end. Let the dog have his peace!!!

What makes this worse is that it’s 4Kids produced. I dunno, that just seems…I dunno, I just don’t like that fact. What’s gonna stop them from making more YGO spin offs after this? And don’t say ‘YGO running out of steam’ because may I remind you of a certain movie called Land Before Time, which had a DOZEN sequels, even when it ran out of steam, more just kept coming!

The only thing I suppose good that will come out of it is that there’s a high chance Kaiba’s gonna be in it, unlike ANOTHER certain YGO spinoff. *glares GX to the ground*

Not sure when this story takes place either btw, because it almost looks like Yami’s in it, and for those that have seen the series to the end, you KNOW it can’t take place after the series because of what happened to Yami…unless that’s NOT Yami I’m seeing but an older Yuugi. O.O

It’s shecduled to air on 4KidsTV this fall.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=8878

Any opinions? Has any one actually seen this yet? It’s being broadcasted in Ireland. O_O (what about Japan!?) Let us lament together brethren!

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

By my understanding it is 12 episodes. And it takes place in the "5 season."

3. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

I'm gonna watch it with subtitles on Youtube ^.^ I wonder if it's decent..:eek:

4. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

um........I wonder if it will have more season than pokemon.. which never ENDs IT NEVER EVER ENDS...

5. Fushigi Rockna

That's what I DON'T wnat to see.

do yuo mean, 12 episodes so far, or only 12 episodes altogether?

6. Orion

Orion Gears

Poke'mon must be stopped. It's like a disease, it's infecting all of Americ'as youth. Buy a Gameboy... Buy one now...

>.>;;

T_T

7. Basher

12 total. Look ANN for the vintage but this time it doesn't help. Wiki said that though. It's also said it is about the capsule monster chess game. No clue on Kaiba yet. But his image was on the page.

8. Fushigi Rockna

if it's only 12 episodes total, then it might make sense it being on 4Kids TV. While YGO CM is on TV, they can finsih dubbing Pretty Cure, and once YGO CM is over, pretty Cure may come on.

(Pretty Cure btw, is the latest anime 4Kids has liscensed and promised to kill)

I actually enjoy the Pokemon games. ^^; I just don't like the show...

9. VM1070

VM1070 Let's Go Voltron Force

YugiOh -- Capsule Monsters

I dont know if anybody is aware of this, but the Yugioh Capsule Monsters is a made for DVD Movie.

And like all Yugioh, they made it multiparted ---- Those Bastards!!!

10. Fushigi Rockna

I became confused when I saw it on Funimation release schedule...thing...the thing that came with my FMA DVDs...and it said movie. =O That sure striaghten thign sout, thanks ^^

But still man. o_O so what, is it like when they made that Kim Possible movie and split it up into TV episodes? O_O

(lol, the YGO reruns I watch at 2:30 am just came on XDDD)

11. Fushigi Rockna

*Gotta bump this thread*

Okay, so who else watched Capsule Monsters last Saturday? I unfortunately, caved in like a baby longing for some Kaiba or Jou and watched...

Judging by the first episode, it's better than I thought it would be....anything's better than GX. The plot seems a little bit interesting...and the usage of real monsters earns it some points. I was mostly just happy with seeing Jou again. XD Looks like no Seto tho. D: I cry now.

That opening sequence tho....WTF!? O_O talk about a mish mash! They showed like...every villian that showed up besides Siegfried. Well 4Kids, maybe people want to see pink haired, so-obviously-gay Siegfried! >> The sequence was just...bleck, and that Kaiba shot makes me angry. (cause it proves he's no in it, since they're not using new footage of him)

Guh, I'm gonna end up watching the rest of this, i just know it. >> I feel the shame! But hey, at least I can watch something on Saturday mornings again.

12. Basher

I have yet to watch it. It's pretty good then huh?

I will have to bump it up in watching it so when can talk about it FR.

13. Fushigi Rockna

I only watched that one full episode. I tried watching it again, but only caught bits and pieces. Saturday mornings are for sleeping in now. >_O Either way, it didn't seem to impress me much after, and I've completely given up caring about it.

It ended also according to my brother. Cause they're showing Duelist Kingdom episodes. (uh....what happened to Pretty Cure?)