Watase Yuu Works Yui

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Stardust Phox, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Doesn't anyone else feel sorry for her? I mean, I confess I've yet to read the whole manga and see the whole anime, but from what I know I feel REALLY bad for her! The poor girl!

A friend (the one who introduced me to FY, at that ^_~) pointed out that it's a matter of perspective: If you take Miaka's side, Yui's the bad guy; if you take Yui's side, Miaka's the one who's mean.

So...yeah.

But I still say I feel really bad for poor Yui! (Nakago scares me, though. x_o)

2. Fushigi Rockna

I love Yui (that may be to similarities to Kaiba) and yes i do feel sorry for her. And IT IS really by who's point of view you're going by.

Hehe, timbit, I'm actually Yui's understudy in a radio play. ^^

3. Demon Inuyasha

Demon Inuyasha New Member

I can't stand Yui.She gets on my nerves

4. Miko

Miko New Member

i dont hate yui, and i do take miaka's side of things, but the way i see it, now that i have seen it all, is that yui was being manipulated*i think i spelled that wrong* by nakago the whole time. therefore, the blame cannot be laid on her directly.

5. Chi

Chi New Member

I feel kinda sorry for yui because she's beinged used and dosen't know it. She feels betrayed because she thinks miaka chose tamahome over her so as revenge she wantt's to break them up as well as she's in love with him and want to be with him as well. IMO yui is not a bad person just a confused and scared girl who's immaturity and anger are being used to serve evil devices. As for miaka she's ok thought she gets on my nerves sometimes.

6. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

I mean i feel sorry for yui b/c she was taken completely advantage of. But she can be completely vindictive and completely rude to Miaka. She needs to forgive and forget.

7. Amber Sunset

Amber Sunset New Member

Yui and Miaka both annoyed me throughout FY. But Yui seemed VERY vindictive at times and that got more mad. I felt sorry for her at some points but...being manipulated or not, she could act really nasty (she didn't seem to have any qualms about manipulating others for her own benefit). At points when she acted like that, feeling sorry was chucked out the window and replaced by anger.

But she was psycologically damaged and that can often be far worse that physical damage. And she did redeem herself in the end.

So I guess I feel so-so sorry for her... :sweat2:

8. luvs_toya

luvs_toya New Member

I like Miaka..

I think Yui is stuck up and looks down on others and thats why I really dont like her. However I do feel sorry for her and everything she must of went through emotionaly while looking for Miaka. Then after all her struggles she finds out that Miaka came inside the book only for Tamahome. I take Miaka's side b/c she isnt a snob and doesnt look down on others. Yui should use some of her common sence to figure out that Miaka came back for both of them! Its a matter of opinion though...

9. Shadowhawk

Shadowhawk New Member

I never liked Yui from the start. It was obvious something nasty would happen for her. I was cheering in the background when she got devoured -it was the best moment of FY.
    A lot of people feel sorry for her, but even tho she DID have a tough time, but so did Miaka (i mean, they were assaulted HOW many times?) and Miaka never went all "ooh! You should've protected me! You only came to get Tamahome!" Useless whiner Yui! Go protect yourself! :p

10. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

to begin with Yui was one of my favourite charachters, but (and the same with Miaka) after a while it gets to the point where they both just need slapped.
    (mainly becuse of Tamahome actually :sweat2: )

11. Nurilvr2finney

Nurilvr2finney New Member

Definetely. Personally, in the manga and the anime I thought Miaka needed to get slapped from the beginning, and I was more towards Yui. But as the story went on, I felt sorry for Yui, but they both got on my nerves. :anger2:

12. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

Yui is allright, and I feel really bad for her. But she is as oblivious as Miaka when it comes to a lot of things and that is what drives me up the wall about both of them.

13. Dilandau

Dilandau Highly Disturbed

I think that both Miaka and Yui are just far too fond of their own personal dramas... *chuckles* I never liked either of them all that much - though I softened towards Miaka on the occasions that she reminded me of the friend I was watching FY with. XD

Both of them went through a lot of difficult things, sure - but as others have already said, it doesn't excuse either the whining or Yui's behavior. It might let us UNDERSTAND said behavior, but it doesn't justify it. Some people will just forget a friendship way too easily, over some relatively small misunderstanding, and it's immature. Not to mention I loathe the sort of people who will fight over a crush. -_-;

So eh, I'll take Nuriko over both of them any day. :D

14. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

i personally thinnk yui is somewhat selfish
    she doesn't even know what tamahome is like in his personallity at the beggining and wants to steal him because she thinks Miaka betrayed her
    she acted like the kind of person i really hate
    i feel a little sorry for her though
    thrown into a world she knows nothing about
    anyway that is what i think

15. Fire Goddess810

Fire Goddess810 New Member

Yes

Yes. I do feel really bad for Yui i mean think about it she's gone through so much and now is being led down the wrong path because she's been lied to who would'nt feel bad for her at that moment ?

16. Aya Nekoneko

Aya Nekoneko New Member

Ultimately, I like Yui-chan.

She did some heinous things to the Suzaku Shichiseishi but in the end she still wasn't a bad person, just another pawn on Nakago's chessboard to power. She felt betrayed, hurt, and very vulnerable and Nakago took full advantage of her pain. The one person that she cared for the most in the world had abandoned her, or so she thought.

She may have had a bright mind but mentally she was a total wreck.