Movies 3 Best Films of 2003

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kain, Jan 10, 2004.

1. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

So what were your best three films of 2003? There have been some relly good ones and there have been ones that just plain suck. So lets have a list of your top three. (Course you can put more then three in if you want but try to keep them numbered. Its more fun that way)

1.LOTR: Return of the King
    2.The Matrix Revolutions
    3.Pirates of the Caribbean

LOTR was the best film of the year and nothing could ever top it.

The Matrix Revolutions was perhaps the best of all three of the films and the massive battle with the sentinals and the final battle between Neo and Agent Smith was kick ***!

Pirates of the Caribbean was a surprize for me cause i thought that it was just going to be another over hyped film of the moment(like Charlies Angels) but it turned out to be one of the funnest films of the year and if you havn't heard Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom have singned up for three more Pirates of the Caribbean. :anime: :anime:

2. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

in no order:

Pirates of the caribbean
    the ring
    the italian job

i love lotr, but rotk wasnt good enough, i mean, what happened to the battle in the shire, the death of saruman, etc, etc, etc, ....oh well...

3. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

If they had put everything in then you would still be in the cinema watching it right now! As for Sourmon I heard that all of Chrisitfer Lee's (I know thats spelt wrong) scences were cut from the final movie.
    As for the Ring i thought that sucked compared to the Japanese version (Ringu). Ringu was a hell of a lot more scary then the english verson especally the second one.

4. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

yuk! ringu sucks big time, i mean...gosh! i didnt even finish watching it! and the second one is even worse! c'mon....

as for lotr, they shouldve made six movies, that way it wouldve been so much better, anyways, nothing we can do, so why bother? :)

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Kill Bill
    Battle Royale 2
    Ondskan (Swedish movie, "Evil")

- Teddz

6. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

1. The Last Samurai
    2. Kill Bill Vol. 1
    3 Matrix Revolutions

The Last Samurai in my oppinion was excellent although maybe not historically accurate as i might have liked but good none the less...

Uma Thurman with a katana...thats all i gotta say

Matrix Revolutions...Spectacular Finish to a great Trilogy.

7. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Return of the King
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Kill Bill

If I had to post a fourth movie then it would have to be Finding Nemo :D

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Return of the King
    Pirates of the Carribean
    Equilibrium

9. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

If I watched: LOTR 3, Matrix 3, Kill Bill1, Last Samurai then my list would definitely consist from 3 of the films I listed.
    because I didn’t watch those great movies, here's my list for now :
    1) PotC
    2) Finding Nemo~!
    3) and of course XMEN2

10. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

I would say,

1) ROTK (have to see it yet - grrr!)
    2) Matrix Revolutions - grrrrrrr!!!!!
    3) OK this is the only i watched: Finding Nemo :p

Well I watched Pirates of the Caribean, yes it has so much jokes that you get tired of them ^^ but I like their style. But I found Nemo funnier - lol I liked the fish girl speaking in "whale". hee hee.

11. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

1. LOTR: ROTK
    2. FINDING NEMO
    3. LOVE ACTUALLY

(no particular order) but my runner ups were X2 and Pirates and Bend it like Beckham and American Splendor!

12. Novus

Novus Gone

Come on, Equilibrium was just a really bad take on Bradbury's classic Fahrenheit 451. There was one bit I liked, though. In the scene where a guy gets his face cut off, at the end of the scene you can see his face lying on the floor. To each his own, I guess.

My picks:
    1. Pirates of the Carribean - even though Knightley can't act
    2. The Last Samurai - of course it's not accurate, but it's a good blend of action and drama
    3. Matrix Revolutions - I can't stand Reeves, but I've liked just about all of his movies. The big Neo-Smith battle was too Toriyama even for me, however. And there wasn't enough of Smith saying "Mr. Andersen!"

13. Charlie

Charlie Guest

ROTK, Kill Bill...not sure of a third one...City Of God was very good, though.

14. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

ok, now i have to change my list :)

Kill Bill
    The Ring
    Pirates

15. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Really, you'd need a list of last year's movies...it's hard to remember 'em all. There's been some some good films out these last coupla years, actually.

16. chiquitabanana

chiquitabanana finally legal

Novus~ knightley can act shes just not as good in prates as she is in bend it.
    Chejo~ They of course should have made LOTr longer! it was so so so so good!

17. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

I thought that the very end of the film when they do home was went on a bit to long.

18. Charlie

Charlie Guest

...and yet they lopped out the Scouring of the Shire...I think they needed to have some kinda decent payoff...and there's a lot going on, a lot of charactors, etc.

19. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Chejo: They're making The Hobbit, you know. And maybe the unfinished tales, too. So there will be more LoTR

Kain: The Matrix Revolution? I really disagree. That was a horrible sequel. It didn't live up at all to the original.

20. Charlie

Charlie Guest

Yep, I think originally Peter Jackson was gonna do The Hobbit....and now it's just a matter of sorting out the rights;plus, he's doing King Kong next. Unfinished Tales? Wow, that would be great, although The Silmarillion would probably be the one to do after The Hobbit...if they made that..wow, we can always dream!