Current Affairs a cure for being homosexual!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yossarian, Nov 14, 2005.

1. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

So, it is a hoax. I was surprised that I couldn't find anything about the active ingredients of that pill and much info about how exactly the ingredients of this pill work.

2. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I heard about some chemical bomb that the US developed to make straight men to be gay; something to do with the Iraq issue.
    If that's possible then I think reversing the operation is a valid.

I am not against homosexuality, it is something within people, they did not choose the way they are now. But hey, if they are happy I am happy!

One last thought, homosexuality is NOT a disease and I am billion % against who says so! Homosexuality was either born with or being adopted with in the early ages. It is not something like AIDS or Cancer. Now THESE are diseases!! And THESE we should find cures for rather than a "cure" for homosexuality..

3. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Gaaagh!! Quit twisting my words around!!

From a cold, neutral, scientific standpoint it is. From a standpoint that does not take into account human hearts or emotion, from a standpoint based upon biology alone it is.

NOW, for the rest of us, the rest of the world, and anyone who has anything resembling a human heart, it IS NOT!! A few individuals in society may think so, but for the most part the REST OF US do not consider it a disease. It's simply a lifestyle.

Obesity is considered a 'disease' as well. If you're genetically pre-dispositioned to being fat then from a cold scientific standpoint you are diseased. You have no say in your genetics so you have no say about that issue.

Now the rest of us rationally thinking people Obesity is NOT a disease. We do not consider it to be one. Our own morals and values tell us that it isn't. The same can be said for homosexuals.

Oh my god, please stop condemning me about that. I'm not saying all of San Fransisco is diseased. I'm not saying that we need to urgently find a cure to fix this epidemic. I'm just saying that when you view the world from a cold, objective stand point, ruling out our very humanity, the world is much different. Many people really do view the world in this mannar which is why we have discussions like this in the first place.

To each thier own, to each thier own. If a pill like this really existed and someone wanted to take it, who are we to stop them. Despite what science says, if it's not right for you then you have the right to refuse it. Science is cold and calculating, not like the fickle and unpredictable human heart.

Ooog...

Chemical bombs developed by the US? I gotta ask for proof on that one. That's simply rediculous. :) What purpose does it serve to make everyone in the opposing army Gay? That's the worst battle tactic I've ever heard of.

If it's true, however, then it definately opens the doors to more speculation about the possibility of this pill becoming reality...

~W

4. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

There was even a thread about it.

[thread=16765]US "Sex Bomb" Weapon[/thread]

6. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

An aphrodisiac? That's it?

Hahaha, I stand corrected. That is the worst idea ever.

God Bless America. :rolleyes:

~W

7. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

You realise the idea got shot down extremely quickly. Read the thread a little closer.

8. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

If it were legit, I'm sure it would try to work against religous opinions of homosexuality (of the Iraqis)

9. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

Regarding the animals exhibiting homosexual behavior, think about this: If these animals have offspring, is because they were engaged in a heterosexual act, i.e. they're not homosexual, but bisexual. If these animals don't, and if that was because they never engaged in heterosexual activity, it means they were an evolutionary accident, and evolution tends to elliminate them. Meaning: Homosexuality goes against the preservation of the species. From this we could infer that homosexuality, even if natural, is not beneficial for the species. Just as certain bacteria, even if natural, are the cause of deaths. From this point of view, yes, homosexuality could be considered a disease. Not a mortal disesase, but rather an irregularity, like sterility.

Now, psychologically speaking, I have the theory that homosexuality has a strong psychological element in it. Unfortunately, going with all homosexuals and asking them about their childhood problems would be considered discriminating.

Another factor to consider is the lack of statistics regarding hetero/homosexuality during the past centuries. There is no data to assert that homosexuality could be caused by the increasing in divorces, an increase in dysfunctional families, or who knows what problems in this century. On the other hand, there is no data to support the statement that homosexuality is natural among humans. In both of these questions, censorship played a key role.

This is the problem with science applied to society: If you conduct a study which might (not will, just *might*) affect the beliefs of millions of people, you get into a big stumbling block. Remember Galileo? Darwin?

And well, the problem with psychology is that it's a relatively new science, unlike math, or physics. I'm sure there are still many things to be discovered about the human mind.

10. Roffey

Roffey I'm As Free As A Bird Now

I believe that the species listed had selected members that bracticed homosexuality as opposed to the whole race.

Personally I don't think that all homosexuality necasarilly springs from psychology, but it is a contributor in some cases.