RPG Archives A Manga To Anime RPG

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Meaikoh, Mar 4, 2002.

?

Will you participate if we have an M2A RPG?

1. Yes, A Manga to Anime RPG!

21 vote(s)
    91.3%
  2. Umm, no.

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

Is there a story behind your name? A character? I know there is behind mine! I think we should have a forum where we play a story to introduce more our characters/personas/personalities. It wouldn't exactly be an RPG, but you get my meaning! I'd like to do that. Can I? Can I? Can I? Please, please, please!
    It would be fun, I think. Your opinion please.

2. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

OOOOOOO!!! That'll be interesting.

3. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Evil UK revealed

I guess that I’m kindof the loser as far as originality in the nicknames are concerned. I just tried to pick something anime related. IRC nicks though…

Let’s run them down like as many escaped convicts.

SOLYD- This nick originates from some friends back in SD. We had all had ‘Native American’-styled nicks, one of my friends was ‘tree-falls-on-little-baby’. I got mine when my dog was darting in and out between and around my legs, I accidentally stepped on her paw and she started yipping. One of my friends happened to be there, and thusly I became known as ‘steps-on-little-yipping-dog’, which shortens to SOLYD. I had other nicks of this group, but this is the only one that’s stuck beyond SD.

KamikazeNerfBat- This came of the period of time during which a little IRC channel on Dalnet called #kamikaze-anime existed. We all took on alternate nicks and joined random chat channels to take over all conversation there by having our own conversations. We got booted from many a channel that way.

JavaLamp- I am the one and only. The Javalamp you probably love to hate on this forum is actually my writing nick, I apologize for being such a baka. It seemed fun at the time, but the ruse is now officially over. I made Javalamp up as an accessory that I used in the TMBG chatrooms back several years ago. I’d sit in the recliner nailed to the ceiling comfortably and gaze contentedly at the Javalamp, it became quite the inside joke in that room, but it’s probably long gone now from there.

Other nicks are numerous, but largely unused, online at least.

The stonings may commence as soon as I can get out of this ball of confetti and turnips. Man it’s hot in here…

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    All of you that already knew that, I’m not surprised, I’m a horrible liar.

4. Meaikoh

Ok!

Well, it'd probably be on M2A, like I dunno, if m2a was an actual place, like a big cool warehouse with anime stuff and a bunch a comfy chairs, you know what I mean. And then basically stuff would happen, say, um...Sachiko gets kidnapped. First everybody would make a little thing like this:
    Name: Meaikoh Takashi
    Hair: Dark, dark, dark brownish/black
    Eyes: hazel, dominated by green
    Build: Athletic, tall, solid
    And then a
    History:
    part and a
    Qualities:
    part.
    Like that. I'll wait for more replies. I don't have very much time at the moment.

5. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

Count me in!

I'll drop my info down at a moment's notice, but I have a few questions first ...

1. Who GM's this thing?
    2. How much history do you want?
    3. What do you want in the "Qualities" section?
    4. What about personality?
    5. What about physical description beyond hair, eyes and build (i.e. distinguishing features, clothing, accessories)?

6. Lime

Lime Claude ish MY honey ^.^

Im in!!!!!!! :D But my name would be different for my character...^^ Thats all. I would love to do something like this ^^!!!!

7. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

I AM SOOOOO IN!!! i love stuff like this!dunno why i havent come around this forum more often...oh well gotta start somewhere right?yeah youll have to give me a moment to post the description but it will appear hahaha this will be fun with crazy people like you guys!!^.^

8. Meaikoh

To GNZ:
    Well, I guess I'll GM it,
    As history, say, the main things: Um, does he/she know when they were born, where, important events in their life.
    Qualities, well, qualities good and bad:
    Courageous, evil, vengeful, gentle...
    Personality too, although sometimes you can intergrate qualities and personality.
    And of course, I forgot:
    distinguishing features!
    And also they can have a favorite item.
    To Everybody:I'll still write a character profile even as GM.
    To Lime: No prob! Just don't take like, you know, an anime character, has to be original. Even if say, Bakamattsu were to play, he's not exactly the Chrono Cross Turnip, far from it.

To Everybody Again: Yay! Arigato!

9. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Yeah!

Aight! Im down for it!
    Im a big RPG fan (nerd?)

10. Energizer Bunny

just a little outline type thang;my buds and i do this a lot just make up characters and usually follow this so if ya need it...
    name
    race
    physical description
    clothing
    accessories/weapons
    special powers*
    occupation
    rank*
    ship serving on*
    origin
    *if this applies to your character*
    this is just kinda like a plan u can go by anywhos see yas!!

11. Meaikoh

Thsnks for the plan, EB! So that's the outline for your character, k guys? I mind as well stop being lazy and get mine done now:

name: Meaikoh Takashi

sex: female

race: Mikailan

physical description: Muscular, her hair's bangs come down in an M on her face and is about elbow-length. Her eyes are hazel, dominated by green, she has tanned skin and a tail & pointed ears. (see Samurai Mea-chan in Art Gallery)

clothing: Usually, a white tanktop that says: Takashi
    ~
    on it and beige cargo pants with lots of pockets

accessories/weapons: A sword made out starsilver, a necklace with a strange symbol on it.

special powers:Wings burst out under extreme emotion like trance, the rest only unveiled under extreme emotion, like trance.

occupation: traveller warrior, unknown to her: protector of gaia

ship serving on: Orifalcon, till she was shipwrecked.

origin: unknown, however, remembers nothing of before she was 6, was shiprecked, lost her memory yet again, recovered it, has tamazing ability to adapt to technology.

12. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Name: Kamikaze NerfBat

Sex: 'it'

Race: thing

Description: The legendary Kamikaze NerfBat, notable for it's wizecracking, magically-imbued intelligence and abilities that grow with the person that wields it, is found in a violently shaking crate with a strange recliner that has nail holes through the legs.

Clothing: prefers an Armani suit.

Accessories: with an Armani? are you kidding? that's like ketchup on a well marinated steak!

Special powers: Pretty much anything dramatically appropriate to the situation, from warding off hentai, to putting the smack down on an evil villian, this nerfbat does it all! (and it can fly! perfect for not getting left behind!)

Occupations: has been a magical girl henshin rod, a court jester, the legendary Masamune, politically biased talk-show host, and even an extra in the up-coming movie Jaws 15!

Physical description: Looks like a normal old Nerf Bat with the word Kamikaze emblazened on the side, usually. Once again, as dramatically appropriate, changes form. It always has the word 'kamikaze' on it somewhere though, on it's serious forms, it takes the shape of glowing kanji or elaborate etchings.

Origin: the Kamikaze NerfBat was forged in the depths of Mount Fugi long ago by a mysterious magician who died in the creation process... it was left by itself for a millenia in the depths and took to madness, thusly it's native form became comical. It has a thirst for the impossible, and doesn't know when to quit.

-UK
    ~~~~~~~~
    yoroshiku onegai-shimasu!

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I suppose the Baka will play his part

Name: BakaMattSu

Sex: Male

Race: Turnip

Physical Description: 4' 4", big turnip head, short and somewhat stocky - sometimes mistaken for a platypus...

Clothing: Typical RPG Medevial style

Accessories/weapons: Umm...a sword

Occupation: One of the Top Executives of The Manga to Anime Corporation

Rank: I think I just answered this? Top Executive can sometimes mean Janitor by the way...

Origin: Has the Final Fantasy contagion (i.e. Can't remember his past)

14. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

Naoki

Age - 18

Sex - Male

Race - Helois

Phys - 2'5. Wings, Pitchfork, Horns

Occuation - Personal Demon for Hire

Acc's - Pitchfork, poing stick, size-changing-sword thing

Powers - TEH POWER OF DEE DEE ARE!!!!!!! And also, the power of THE UNDERWURLD :eek:

Special Powers- Flying, Evil things, Can turn into a 6'0'' 17-year-old

Clothing - Fleece (Warm, cozy, godly fleece!)

Origin - Bred and born in Hades, was exhile for being toooooo mischevious and hyper. He now wanders the world in search of fun times and hot arcades. (He loves teh Dance Dance Revolution)

15. Meaikoh

Alright, we'll wait till saturday in case anybody else wants to join and then we start! People can join afterwards but only at certain times, like at the end of part of a story/round.

16. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Re: Evil UK revealed

o_O;;;;;;;;;;;

>>

<<

Okay, everyone who knew that UK was Java raise yer hands.

*pokes hers up*

~ Lady Aoi:

Knives: .... *picks up a stone* Legato, throw this for me.

Legato: ...with pleasure, sir. *looks at the stone* Mhh... stone soup... *wanders off with it*

Knives: *throws a tantrum*

17. hellmaster

hellmaster New Member

eeerrrrmmmm...huhhh...

Note: I don't really think that we NEED a GM, just someone to keep things sorta..."under control". A GM would be of use if this was kinda like a "game", but for what I see, this is sorta like an "In character" hangout place...almost OOC but not quite ^^; Besides, all of your chars some from different settings, ne? t'would be hard to GM like that...

neway....

Name: Xefyer Deimossu

Sex: Female

Race: erm... halfbreed (demon/dragon)

Physical Description: 5'9 black and white hair, kinda muscular for a gal that doesnt work out. Left eye is purple, right eye is orange. Has scars on her face (Like valgaav...) Big, "poofy" black wings.

Clothing: Black, fingerless gloves, black robes, black cape...

Accessories/weapons: A dagger.

Backgroud: served in a war to kill her own race. was turned into a halfbreed afterwards. that pretty much sums it all up

favourite food: ...

Dislikes: (1)people (2)plants (3)animals (4)inatamate objects

Enjoys: uhhhh....

Favourite animal: anything thats already dead is fine with Xefy.

fondest childhood memory: ... -.- ... *punch*

18. Meaikoh

Okay, so I'll just keep it under control! But things sort of happen, like, I dunno, a giant mongoose steals all the cheese and then you know, sort of the same problems as if m2a were an anime or manga. At least, that's what I meant.

19. Energizer Bunny

eek!eek!i kow ya said descriptions by sat. i should make it but if i dont puhleeeeeeez dont hurt me im gonna try reeeeeeeally hard to post it in time but if not it wil be up by sunday :dizzy2: please no violence!!and if there must be some try not to get blood on the carpet...

20. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i'd like in but prolly wouldn't be here as often as most...maybe half that as i'm in 2 rl rpgs...star wars and a version of ff1 done to d&d 2nd ed rules...(we're going to the volcano now..lol bout time...) when did we wanna try to start? and how long do we have to get our posts up when something does happen?

Name:LaTasha
    Sex:Female
    Race: Human(modified...i can't remember the name begins witha t.white skin, white hair no pupil or irus just white.)
    Clothes: normally kind of skimpy yet "covering" shirts with pants. hates dresses.
    Occupation: Public Protection Operatives(former) turned "JOB" worker.
    History: she doesn't remember the accident that gave took her memory when she was young, about 8 yrs old. parents killed in front of her and then was raped by same ppl when she was 16. Lived with her older brother (who was moved out due to his job). Skilled at her job though doesn't open up too much to others. One of the last 200 of her kind.
    abilities: a type of lycanthropy. she can be a hybrid wolf/human. Very violent. caused by extreme anger.

<ahem> well, that's mine...kinda typical...lol i think issues make the character. *^-^*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.