Full Metal Alchemist Al or Ed? and Opinions about the Brothers Elric

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Ciel, Jun 25, 2004.

?

Al or Ed?

1. Alphonse

13 vote(s)
    36.1%
  2. Edward

23 vote(s)
    63.9%
  1. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I thought this would be an interesting topic. Just post who you like better and why. Personally, I really like them both but I'll side with Alphonse Elric. I think he is so mature and full of such kindness and goodness. He compliments off Ed's temper and hyperness? very well and is there for his brother. Of course he can become depressed, even though not in his nature, but can you blame him? I mean.. regarding his situation and all. Ed has learned he needs to meet Al's emotional needs as well. anyways kudos to the brother team they fight so hard for one another. Now THAT'S love they should have realized from the start that the love they had/have for each other was enough.

1 person likes this.
  2. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

I chose Ed, he has amazing skillz. It's amazing that he sacrificed his arm to save his brother! But, I do feel sorry for Al. I hope that they do find some way to restore his body. Or at least some way for him to accept the way he is, along with Ed.

1 person likes this.
  3. Valant Rapitor

Valant Rapitor A Hungry Weeble

Personally, I believe that Al ends up with the deeper part of the story, especially when the part with Cyborg (or whatever it was) 88 comes by and spreads them lies. That was a fun part of the story arc, to say the least.

Now, if I could only get my hands onto 26 on... Meh.

1 person likes this.
  4. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

I can NEVER pick one. x3 I love Al just because he's so thoughtful and mature, but I love Ed to death cause he's cuddlyable, funny, crazy, and I'm a fangirl. xD

1 person likes this.
  5. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I'd say Ed, he is so talented and brave. He really cares about Al just like how an older sibling should (I am the oldest, sue me :p).

I think Al is too nice to survive in this world, maybe; else I am just seeing things the way I want to see xD

6. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

I like them both! Both of them have good qualities. I think Al and Ed... I can't decide... aw Al? Ed? Flip a coin...
    Both brothers were ready to sacrafice themselve for the other, both brothers in the end want to unite! I don't see how one brother can be better than the other. Al is cute, mature, and Kind. Ed is funny, and talented.

I can easily associate with Ed, I do have an uncontrolable temper, =_= and yes I'm the shortest, shorter than my younger sister. I think I'll vote Al...

1 person likes this.
  7. AnimeKitten

AnimeKitten New Member

I like Ed more. Mabe its becouse hes not az kind hearted as Al and iz a little more realistic, mabe not. Mabe its becouse he has really kool powerz and actualy haz a body, well more so anywayz. I sympathyz Al though, must suck having a tin can az a body...

2 people like this.
  8. Shiryuu

Shiryuu New Member

I'm going with Ed, Al is too nice and not as skilled\cool as Ed.

2 people like this.
  9. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

I choose Edward for many reasons. One, his name is Edward (It's and odd obsesion, don't ask), two, his skills in Alchemy are Amazing! I haven't quiet figured out how he could do it all with out a transmutation circle yet, but who cares!
    Another reason I like him is the short thing. He's so funny when people call him short! Lol. He's just a huggable character all together.
    I like Al alot too, but not as much as Ed, of course. Al's just a nice person who I think people could depend on.

10. Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark New Member

I think Ed and Al are just both really cool :cool: I like the show really well and hope it airs for a loooooong time.

11. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

*Live!* Sry...
    *ahem*
    I like Al better. I just like watching those expressions he does with his armor eyes. Heh.

-KaiyonTormentor

12. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Edward Elric!!!

Good alchemist, and doesn't need circles. Love his expressions as well, yet i still don't get how someone can be so short...(really, being 15yrs. old, he's not so tall).

-SakataKentaro

13. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Edward Elric

Actually, both are excellent brothers but I pick Ed because of his sacrifice to save his brother. That's really great. Also because he's so funny.

14. Black Nyoko

Black Nyoko New Member

I have to say that I really like both brothers equally. At the beginning of the show I would of chose Ed, but Al has really showed what a great character he really is. Ed is funny, wild, unpredictable, but honest. He has great qualities, and Al too. He is generous, kind, and utmost understandable. I love the fact that he serves as such a huge character (sometimes protects Ed) when he really is just a young boy.

1 person likes this.
  15. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Lol, I know. Poor guy has to walk around with that kinda height!
    "Its a curse I tell ya!"- Edward, FMA and the Broken Angel.

-KaiyonTormentor

1 person likes this.
  16. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Ed all the way. Alchemy rocks, and no one else can do it with out one of those transfiguration circlres except him. All is nice si i give him props for that, but Ed is just way better, and i sympathize for him on the short thing, lets have a min of silence shall we...1....2...3...4...ok thats long enough.

17. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I Had to vote for Edward Elric for the great reason his short and funny when he gets mad about his shortness its hillarious but im not one sided
    alphonse is calm and cool most the time and points out his brothers mistakes

18. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I would have to say Ed. Al, find to be a bit anoying. He has that high pitched voice and always calls Ed "Brother" in a whiny sort of way. It bugs me. Ed seems more mature in the aspect of knowledge. Al sometimes acts pretty stupid, but he is getting better. But for now I would have to go with Ed even if he does has a temper problem.

19. sapphire_deity

sapphire_deity New Member

It was simple. I loved both brothers, but I chose Edward Elric, of course. For one, he's uber talented and smart. For two, he's cute, cuddly, loving, and is very considerate. For three, I could totally relate with the short thingy. ;-; What with me getting called 'polly pocket' and 'thumbelina'. More or less, I'm about the same height as Ed. Sigh. But hey, I drink milk. >>

20. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

That's not true. He's not the only one.
    His sensei can also do that. That's because they did... oh, too much spoilers...