Debate animal testing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yossarian, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Yes, well I hadn't thought of medical tests. Animals would definately be affected differently by our medical standards! (For example, a medication or treatment tested on an animal may come out fine, but humans have a different anatomy all together. Is this really a safe way of testing for us, anways? Just because it didn't hurt a snake or whatnot doesn't mean it won't do harm to humans.)
    But you got me there Neph. It's still cruel as anything, but it's crueler to let people suffer from whatever ails them, I suppose.

2. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

In response to your statement about anatomy: I take it you didn't read through the thread too thoroughly.

3. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

I hate animal testing. I hate everything thats got something to do with hurting animals!

4. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Then you hate eating because it hurts animals even when you're vegan (think about all the field animals killed every year via thresher, etc).

You'll probably say "Well I can't grow and pick my own crops by hand" or something... all this shows is that as soon as it lacks enough convenience your morals vanish.

5. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

thats easy if you know how to do it right....

i don't even know how i stumbled back onto this thread...

6. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

wow, this thread's like one year old... O_O anyway, i don't like animal testing. it's wrong and all, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. even though you don't really need to do that...

7. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

I'm the who started it.

there are plenty of new people on BJP to give there opinion on this. :rolleyes:

8. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

rock on neonoodle!!

anyway... do they even have to test it on animals? hn. but they should just test it on humans...

9. Peachy

Peachy ☆liberal HMod☮

To tell you the truth it could be harmful and animals die a whole lot more than human and dont get a ceromony when they die.. so most people just say what the heck and test it on harmless animals..

10. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

and that's why they should do it on humans. then they'll be all that pain and suffering, and people will want them to stop, but they don't (or can't) so then the scientists kidnap other test subjects, etc, and all those missing people's family/friends spend a hell of a lot of money to get search planes, etc to find them, but none of them are able to, so the just give up, and one day after a few months, those missing people come back with deformed limbs, hair falling out, 3 eyes in their forhead, and the scientists think: we should go back to animals, because they don't complain too much, and people wont notice so much when rare birds start dissapearing, and rabbits start eating lions, etc. plus, the cost would be a lot less, so lets just mess up those poor helpless animals (while some may rape them) and make the world a better place by not using humans instead!!!

kay, dude. that was just in the spur of the moment, and i know that was kinda really messed up, but it was like some retarded pink dude was taking over my brain when i was typing this, so don't sue me. :p

non of anything of which i wrote made any sense.

that too.

11. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

With out those animals we couldent feed our selves! and Look at Asia! and India! they have like billions of peeps

12. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

hey... we can all eat eachother!!!! *sneaks into moms boyfriends daughters room...* (lol) *step.* *step.* *samurai sword shines in moon light.* *raises katana* *swings!!!* *slice...* *blood splatters everywhere...* (bai person...)*microwave beeps.* *... oh yeah. my pizza... woops...*

13. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

This is a debate forum. Not an RP forum. Stop it now.

14. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

I see it as this. Animal testing is needed so that the effects can be seen and tooken out of the drug or whatever there testing so that i doesn't harm us humans. Don't get me wrong I care for animals but i would rather it be the animals life instead of our own.

cosmitc products I feel that it shouldn't be tested on animals if you know what the effects are going to turn out to be. Theres no sense in testing shampoo on a rabit if you are going to already know the effects are.

15. Fudge_Monkeys

we have enf humans i say we do tests on humans! because we still grow and we need to kill animals for food.. by 3000 i bet all cows will be gone .....or Pigs cause of their BACON!!!!!

16. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

so...correct me if im wrong you say we should try tests on ourselves instead..so if you Fudge Monkeys was made to be tested on you would allow it so that the cows and pigs can roam free.....

17. Fudge_Monkeys

just the Monkeys ... Forget the Cows and Pigs Just the Monkeys... Yes the Monkeys..

I would do it if tey were testing on monkeys

18. Takamatsu1986E

Takamatsu1986E New Member

meh. eating animals is fine... i mean we're built for it, and if you watch a leopard tackle a gazelle or a pack of wolves take down a moose, it doesnt really seem too evil to me to eat meat..

testing however, is not so good IMHO... if you wanna volunteer, fine. but animals dont have that option... sure, there's gains made by such research, but even when there's a new breakthrough in medicine, it never treats the problem, just the symptoms. if you take away the drug, it's either worse, or it goes back to the same problem. If the testing made a difference other than making people depend more on artificial "cures", i still wouldnt think it was right, but maybe the lesser of 2 evils... now though... people are just getting dependent on high-priced drugs with nasty side-effects that can only be kept at bay with-guess what?- more drugs! all through the death and suffering of creatures with no choice in the matter.

1 person likes this.
  19. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

rather experament on humans eh? i can forsee this possibly drifting into the 'save others at the cost of a life' thread lol i wont go there but i stand on the side of usuing animals

whoa whoa r u kidding? do u realize how many cows and pigs are bred in a year? and do u realize how much money cows/pigs are worth to buy and sell? its a big business i dont think people are gunna let pigs and cows die off... HAH at the rate theyre growing, theyll out live us all!

20. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

Takamatsu, I think you need to look at the polio vaccine. Drugs do not inherently lead to more drugs while ignoring the actual problem.