Current Affairs Anti-Rape Condom!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Eternal-Blaze, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

wow i can always count on neph to make things so crystal clear to those who do not understand. good on ya mate! :p

then just make one for the bum XD! yay sounds comfy!!...hey wait...if they start aiming for the bum then shouldnt EVERYONE be worried? o_O

ahem anyway back on topic, i think this is a good idea and i say BOUT TIME! rapists deserve to be willlieless! although i dont know if this will quite do the trick. Ciel makes a very very very good point about this making things worse for women. Also if a man is evil enough to rape a women, then he's probably evil enough to kill her out of frustration for not being able to rape her

2. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

If the guy wants to target males do they really have a choice?

- Shen

3. Yossarian

Yossarian Yossarian Lives!

....... oh yeah " any one have a pencil i can test my rapex out on"

that actually sounds like it would hurt...

4. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

Good idea! Wow:D What if a girl will gorget to take it our at night and her bf/hubby will get bitten by it? Man...that would hurt.

5. Guts

Guts 100 man slayer

Its not made of Barbed wire. It's like a mouse trap. When they insert the wires will tighten around the rapists free willy. If it was any type of EXTREMELY sharp wire no girl would be able to use it. But what if you goes off just by walking or running or something? They would have to have it removed by doctors most likely and wouldnt it be a waste? Also, wouldnt it just be better to arm them with a taser, pep spray, or gun? Kind of seems more logical to use one of those then a PP trap .

6. Eternal-Blaze

Eternal-Blaze New Member

Oh?

Sounds to me like it is. I look as this thing to work similar to a jaw. The teeth would be the shafts of sharp barbs. When something goes through it and triggers it, it closes shut.

7. Takamatsu1986E

Takamatsu1986E New Member

oh just carry sharp things and learn to use them.. the rapex would really mess someone up, but then, theyre angry, and youre unarmed with your pants down. better to just get stabby beforehand.

8. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

If someone takes dozens of barbs to their groin, they're going to be screaming and trying to stop the pain for a moment. THAT IS WHEN YOU RUN.

9. luvweaver

luvweaver Ad Jesum per Mariam

frankly i feel more comfortable about those electric thingies that knock someone unconscious...

10. Cherrygirl

Cherrygirl Cherrylicious!

u mean like a taser or stun gun? those are expensive o_o

11. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

For rapists, I think it's all about dominating. It's not necessarily about the sex- these are sick men, and they want to overpower and degrade women...
    Therefore, Neph is right. They probably go for the butt, or maybe just beat the chick up.

12. Takamatsu1986E

Takamatsu1986E New Member

ech. pcp covers that nicely. or several other drugs... either way, if you put up a fight theyre likely to go elsewhere.

13. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I agree.

And if I understood correctly, they called it barberic. And raping is not?

14. Orion

Orion Gears

Well, this actually COULD work, but IMO it's highly doubtfull. I mean, I guess it could help a little. I dunno...

-Ian

15. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Well, it's a bit outdated now, but I thought I'd voice my opinion on it... which actually isn't that different from a lot of people in this thread. :p

I don't think it would work that well. It's a great idea in concept, but it has too many flaws.

A. It would have to be unnoticeable from the outside, or the rapist would see it and "take measures." (Ie. Demand it be removed and/or "aim for the bum" :D)

B. How would it be safely removed? Shove a stick in there and pull it out? :D

C. It could give women a false sense of security, it might make them rely on the Rapex to protect them when there may be better options.

D. Clearly, the best way to stop rape is for there to be more work against it. It's impossible to stop it completely, but there should be better ways to deal with it then there are.

Obviously, the best way is to teach preparedness. Have the women (and sometimes men :D) be aware of the possibility, and of ways to avoid being raped and/or what to do if it does happen. Too many people do nothing about it afterward because they just want to forget it happened and move on. That doesn't work. Rape victims have to come forward and make something be done about it. Obviously, if no one knows it happened, no one can or will do anything to stop the rapist from doing it again, or to bring him to justice.

Actually I asked this question on another forum of mine. The response was generally "HELL NO." Granted, everyone who responded was male, buuuut... :p

One person mentioned guys in jail wearing the things 24/7. :D

16. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

The problem with preparedness teaching is, well, look at the region. It's not exactly like it is here. Nowhere near everyone is going to be able to attend such classes.

17. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Of course you're right. Sadly there's no way for it to be perfect, is there. And given the circumstances usually around rape in that area, it might not help as much even if they were prepared. It's kinda hard to run from 5 or 6 different people, isn't it, for example. Or if there's nowhere you can run to.

And of couse Rapex would only work on one of them anyway, and retaliation from the rest could be... unpleasant

18. wertitis

wertitis Proud Mary keep on burnin'

Well seeing as this got revived I'll toss my two pennies in.

Rape stats indicate that most rapes happen with someone the victim knows. Very rarely does it involve a total stranger and even more rarely will it involve a group of strangers. Odds are good that she wont have to worry about more than one contender. It's not like some bad doujin where a gang of guys crawls out of the woodworks to attack some poor school girl.

I'm still not sure how people can say that this is not an effective means of stoping rape? Fear of retaliation from the assailant? Neph said it best- With one's johnson caught in the trap he'll be slightly occupied, giving the woman time to flee. It's unlikely he'll even be able to give chase. And if he's on PCP, well then you're pretty much finished regardless of the presence of the Rape-Ex

Barbaric? If she were to stab her assailent in the chest with a knife in self defense would that be barbaric as well?

Allow me to illustrate my point.

REAL, ULTIMATE PROTECTION

Removal isn't an issue, you just place the barbs further up along the walls of the device and provide some easy to grip removal tabs. You can even give it some flesh toned camo so the assailant wont see it until it's too late!! BRILLIANT!!

This is how the device might look to a possible assailant. Click Here Look at that!! Who would want to jump some poor women when they might be packing some hidden heat?

It's not foolproof, but it's a deterrant, and if it prevents even one woman from having to go through that nightmare then it's all worth it in my eyes.

1 person likes this.