Debate Are dreamers fools?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pris17, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

:rolleyes: Hitler was pretty unique too. I think you're attributing a wee bit much in terms of importance to dreamers.

2. Kokoro

Kokoro New Member

unique

well, he was unique, but a very evil unique. It still puts the importance that dreamers are both fools and wise men.

Just depends on how the person uses their dreams and how they use it to the rest of the world.

Kokoro

3. Dusk

Dusk New Member

Although I am one who rarely has dreams and I am one who is often sleepy, I would say that all dreamers are fools and that how I wish to be that fool who dreams so often. :D

Guess I'm still dreaming to be one. :anger2:

Dreamers are fools, but there are lucky fools and unlucky fools. Those fools who are lucky have their dreams come true and those fools who are unlucky have just their dreams.

However, those fools who are lucky may not be named or called fools anymore.

Pardon my over-using the word fool. -_-

4. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

A person that has had their dream come true is somebody who has had to work for it, so i wouldn'd go so far as to say that they are lucky, but they have the motivation to shoot for those dreams (god i sound like i'm in Love Hina).

5. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Not neccasarily. A person in proverty may dream of a wealthier life, and while it's not exceedingly probable, a victorious lottery ticket may bestow them with just that ^_^.

Either way, I think we'd have to better define the word "fool" before we could hope to reach a truly logical conclusion.

1 person likes this.
  6. Dusk

Dusk New Member

The definition of fool is already given within reasonable mass understanding and by generalization. :)

7. Dante

Dante New Member

I think Richard Simmons is a fool. And a tool. But that's beside the point. You see, the point is that a fool varies from person to person. What I mean is that someone might not think that Richard Simmons is a fool or a tool. Thus, we have ourselves a dilemma. That's right. A dilemma. Quite a dilemma. Our dilemma is the word fool. Because we have a dilemma in what fool really means. Thus creating a dilemma.

Quite a dilemma, indeed!

Really though... you're making me make me look bad, y'dig?.

And just so I don't look like a total ***...

If y'think about it, Kagome's Arrow... that person in poverty had to work for that winning lottery ticket, in some way, shape, or form, y'dig? I guess you could chalk it up to luck, though it's not like the ticket was just set in his lap, or some such...

But then again...

What if it was set in his lap, by some mysterious stranger, for no reason whatsoever? o_O

That is creepy. And a dilemma. Okay... not really. But it is strange, y'dig?

*cue Twilight Zone theme*

8. Dusk

Dusk New Member

Your understanding of the word fool is neither a generalization nor a common understanding, then. Your understanding of that word is an individual perspective and deserves appropriate respect or honor.

But the topic question speaks about a word without defining that word, we may then consider that word by its general or common definition (from the dictionary of course). Then, the base of this topic question is generalized, not individualized. :D

9. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

Fool (definition provided by Encarta) - somebody who is regarded as lacking good sense or judgement.

If we're going to generalize the word, then I'd have to concede, withdraw my initial post, and state that the majority of dreamers (severe dreamers, mind you) probably do lack a clear sense of judgement, especially if they choose not to pursue their dreams.

Then again, it all depends on the content of their dreams. Some dreams are unfeasible, but not entirely absurd in the aspect that the likelihood of their occurring is - well - next to nothing, though the idea is certainly meritable.

Face it, there are certain instances where achieving your dreams is impossible, due to physical limitations or (corresponding with my previous statement) societal boundaries.

10. Dusk

Dusk New Member

Dreams needs a lucky fool or lucky dreamer.

Dreamers remain as fools when they have impossible dreams.

I'd say it is better to be a fool who has dreams than to be a fool who has no dreams. :sad:

11. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

What about a wise man with no dreams?

12. Dusk

Dusk New Member

Wise man? Huh? What wise man? :anger2:

13. Vicious

Vicious Revolution...Revolucion!

They are barely equivilant...

Like you said a dream is something that you want. A goal is something that youre aiming for and are trying to get. A dream you only think of getting it. For example, my goal is to get a 90 in an exam so I study. I want to achieve my goal so im doing things that will help me reach that goal. A dream on the other hand...you can only think of. I dream of playing alongside totti...but I have no intention of trying to get into the pros. So therefore it is dreaming. Hopefully I made my point clear.