Watase Yuu Works Attention All Fushigi Yugi Fans!!

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Iya, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

A source of information has told me that as of June 2005, another of Yu Watase's series shall be brought to us!
    Fushigi Yugi:Genbu Kaiden
    The story of the first Priestess to enter the "Universe of The Four Gods."
    You know, Tomite and Hikitsu. The guys with the ice powers when Miaka had to retrieve the Shinzaho. Yeah, that's them.
    I can't wait!
    Although the Genbu No Miko will ever replace my beloved Suzaku No Miko!
    Any thoughts, questions, comments?

2. toeskater91

toeskater91 New Member

sounds good
    i remember reading in one of the little sidecomics in one of the manga volumes that she wanted to tell the tales of genbu and byakko so ii guess she finally tell the tale of one of them for the moment
    sounds like i can't wait
    :p

3. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

my friend told me a little about this. it looks quite good. from what ive read, the priestess of genbu is better than miaka.

4. kikyoulvr4eva

kikyoulvr4eva Want a cookie?

Yu Watase has a lot of drawing to do then, since some of her other series aren't done yet.

Sounds interesting. I'll be sure to check it with it comes out.

5. Fushigi Rockna

I just bought this at Animeathon 2005 a week ago, and I have to say i love it.

The whole background of the universe of the four gods was great, and the short appearance of Suzuno (even if it was just in a picture) was good to see. XD The art is superb, Watase-sama has come a long way from her FY days (not that FY didn't have gorgeous art...this is just better. OO)

Though the best thing was...

LIMDO/URUKI!!!!

Good god, I LOVE HIM! He's so cool! When I first heard the seishi Uruki was going to be a boy that could turn into a girl I thought he might be the type to hate it and freak out whenever it happened, but that's not at all what it's like! XD He's awesome! He ha sno problem with being able to change into a woman, in fact he uses to his advantage! He's so cool!!
    *WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

*ahem*
    I also really like Takiko. She's so cute. ^^ And i enjoyed her interaction with Tomite. ^^

1 person likes this.
  6. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Yeah I just bought a couple of days ago too.
    It was really good.
    But the only thing I'm worried about is that I hope Takiko doesn't fall in love with everyone.
    Although romance is one of the important qualities that makes a story great, I don't think I wanna hear the story of Miaka and Tamahome all over again.
    Besides, we get more of that with the Priestess of Byakko, if Watase is planning to create that story too.

And I agree, Limdo/Uruki is soo cool!!
    I just love him/her.
    But I like him/her better as a woman.
    It's finally nice one a celestial warrior beside Soi.

7. Fushigi Rockna

Ah, but a Fushigi Yuugi story..no, a Watase story WITHOUT love and romance, isn't a Watase story at al. ;)

I don't think she'll fall for everyone, more vice versa, meaning her seishi will fall in love with her. I think she's falling in love with Limdo/Uruki, and I think that they'll be the main couple...and it's obvious that Tomite is a little smitten if you will with Taki...
    But I can't see her falling for Hikitsu. XD lol

8. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Haha, I guess you're right.
    But I'm hoping there would be some romance between the celestial warriors, instead of Takiko and someone.
    Now there's romance and somthing we haven't seen.:p

9. Fushigi Rockna

I got the second volume now. Hatsui is so adorable XD

and Limdo...*sniffle*

Limdo and Takiko will defiantely be a couple. For sure, for sure. However, i like how it's proceedinmg between the two of them, it's completely different form Tamahome and Miaka.

I'm very interested in where it'll go. =)

I know what Naname looks like (I saw pictures from a site)...and of course Hikitsu, but I'm really curious about Inami and Urumiya...weren't those the two that appeared in a flashback, dead, in the anime? I don't remember XD

That'll be in a Byakko story. XD
    I wanna see the relationship between Tomite and Hikitsu X3

10. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Yeah I got the second one just a few days ago.
    My favorite parts of the book would probably her little inserts about FY:SS(Fushigi Yugi: Suzaku & Seiryu).
    Did you see the part about Tamahome and Uruki? I thought that was funny, especially with Nuriko in the backround.

11. Ashika

Ashika This thing is so short...

Yu Watase's going to be busy! AHHHHH I can't wait! *looks at clock* hurry up!!!! Darn, now that I know ill be thinking about it constantly.

1 person likes this.
  12. Fushigi Rockna

Lol, yeah "Loyal canine, Willful Feline" XD That was awesome...

I wonder when the third volume will get over here...I understand that was the last one to come out in Japan...

13. Shadowbard

Shadowbard Black-Winged Angel

If you live in the USA, volume three is already out and on the shelves in most bookstores that I've been to, even though the official release date isn't until March 7th.

As for the Japanese release...where are you getting your information? There are currently at least five volumes available in Japanese. I'm not sure what the projected volume count is going to be, but I have a feeling it's going to be more than just five books. Probably at least seven volumes, but it could be more.

The English releases are currently on a quarterly schedule, if I remember correctly.

~Shadrach Anki

14. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Oh yeah! Tokaki and Subaru. I can't believe I forgot about them. I knew that!

15. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Apparentily book four isn't due out until July. T.T

Genbu, Black Tortoise of the North (Winter): Genbu is the Northern part of the quadrant, and one which represented by a Tortoise or Turtle (though this particular constellation may also be called the "Black Warrior". The Tortoise is representative of endurance, wisdom, and longetivity, and is also sometimes used in terms of divination. Though in the series Genbu is shown to be greenish in color, its real color is black, due to the fact that Winter was perceived to be the twilight or end of the seasons. Because of its Winter theme, it appears that members of the Genbu Seven have a mastery or attuning to cold. Hikitsu and Tomite are two such members with these powers. The seven "seishuku" that make Genbu are: Hikitsu (dipper), Tomite (emptiness), Inami (cow), Uruki (woman), Umiyame (rooftop), Hatsui (room), and Namame (wall)

The two that appeared were Hikitsu and Tomite. I have yet to watch OVA 1 :( but Hatsui and Urumiya.

There is eight? Anyone else wondering about this?

I am for the whole love thing. As FR said. I think this one will be interesting because of Uruki. To bad Nuriko wasn't burn with that star.

We all know what happened in FY. Takiko will die and so will her father. He will give the book to Takiko first love Okuda Oosugi and his daughter Suzuno Oosugi will be the priestess of Byakko. I honestly don't care if I know this. But it will diffentily be a lot more sad the FY.

It would be funny if Inami was actually a cow.

16. Fushigi Rockna

I don't ahve anywhere where I get my information. I had assumed, because a genbuu kaiden site that was updated quite a bit, had a gallery full of scans of the covers of the magazine Genbuu kaiden was in. One of the last scans in the gallery had a little ad for the third volume. XD so I thought that was the last one out XD yeah, I'm dumb.

Volume 3's out already? i know what I'm gonna buy on ym birthday! =D

Basher, I'm pretty sure there's only 7 Genbuu Seishi, unless Uruki counts as two. :confused:

17. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Opps sorry FR. You will find out soon enough.

18. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Yeah the 8 Celestial Warriors is really bugging me now. I already know all the names so you know all the warriors they've found so far are real.....
    I got the 3 vol a week ago and I'm really confused.
    What is Watase up to now?:confused:

19. Fushigi Rockna

I think I've figured it out now that I have vol. 3.

I think one of the warriors has the ability to split into two people, did so, and each side went a spearate way.

What has me really wonderin' is that hagus guy.....hmmmmmmmmm....

Oh, btw, anyone else notice the cameo made by a certain FY: SS character on the page Oracle Anlu predicts that Kutou/Qu-dong will one dya perish if they did not stop their murderous ways? XD I was all "I know who THAT is" XD *coughnakagocough*

20. Iya

Iya HIP ATTACK!

Haha yeah I saw that. I recognize it like *snaps fingers* that.
    For some reason I thought Ziyi was a girl.....until I saw him when he was injured. I kind of liked him better as a girl.:sad: