J-Pop Ayumi Hamasaki and other J-pop artists

Discussion in 'Music' started by sasuke_aoshi, Jul 22, 2003.

1. sasuke_aoshi

sasuke_aoshi New Member

Ayumi Hamasaki

There might have been a different discussion about Ayumi Hamasaki, sorry if this is utterly useless.

Who likes Ayumi Hamasaki, and if you do, what other Japanese artists do you like?(I hate pop music, but i like AH simply because she sings Japanese... And some of her songs have good lyrics..)

2. Novus

Novus Gone

One of my sisters made me listen to some of her songs. I've heard maybe four, and liked three, so she's about as good as any other musician.

I highly recommend Nanase Aikawa and Kageyama Hironobu, by the way.

3. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

I like Hamasaki Ayumi's songs, I have about 10 of them. "YOU" is the song I like the most.
    Ooh! I have one of her songs, "Midnight Blue". I really like it.

I'm a big Hayashibara Megumi fan.. I have about 30 songs from her. So obviously, I recommend any song from her. Koda Kumi is also in my recommendation list, along with Kotani Kinya.

4. Novus

Novus Gone

Her best is probably No Future. Koigokoro (hope I spelled that right) is another very good one.

5. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

B'Z is probably me fav. I like Liar Liar, Love Phantom, and Bad Comunication. Kaeyama Hirondou. I like most of J-pop I hear. Plus other japanese songs.

6. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Oooh prene! You are so my new best friend! :p

I like the following B'z songs:
    Liar Liar!
    Love me, I love you
    Ultra Soul
    Easy come, Easy go

7. k0gepan

k0gepan New Member

I like Ayumi Hamasaki. And Utada Hikaru. And See-saw....and BoA.......although they are korean. Goe team.

8. Mordeth

Mordeth Mordeth Vult!

kinda gone off ayumi hamasaki recently, but I still think utada hikaru and aya matsuura are great..

naturally see-saw are ****ing brilliant, .hack//sign has got the best soundtrack ever.

9. Novus

Novus Gone

Indeed, .hack as a whole has a great soundtrack.
    Am I the only J-pop fan who hates Utada Hikaru? It's kind of disheartening.
    Hironobu forever!

10. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

No. I don't like Utada Hikaru. Only two of her songs are good, I listened to the rest and really hated them. Listen to Aya Hisakawa, people! I love her voice.

11. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Utada Hikaru is the best. Does anybody know she was actually born in New York?
    Ayumi Hamasaki, well, I've only herd "You" but it's a beautiful song and now I'm gonna go download these ones you all recommended. Her voice is so smooth and pretty.

12. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

I am... (nightclubbers mix)
    Naturally (astrally mix)
    Evolution (Goldenscan remix)

are my three favorite Ayumi songs, and possibly Daybreak (Orion Too remix) as well.

13. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

i have a friend obsessed with hikaru utada. yes i knew she was from new york. no, i'm not a huge fan. she's ok.
    see saw fekking rules all out! i like megumi hayashibara, gackt, malice mizer, luna sea, janne da arc, and dir en grey.

14. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

I am more of a Jrock person, but Jpop is neat too.

Ayumi is really talented singer, really neat songs, and not to mention vids.

I usually listen to The Pillows, Mad Capsule Markets, Olivia, Judy & Mary, Ayumi Hamasaki, Horie Yui, Utada Hikaru, Dragon Ash, M-flo, Luna Sea, Dir En Grey and probably some more. Can't think of now :)

- T

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

transtic nerve kicks loads of booty *^-^* as does oblivion dust

16. single spark

single spark New Member

i like ayumi hamasaki. i really like her voice its really cool. i first saw her in mtv where she performed(i forgot the song). the first song the she sang that i have heard was "depend on you"(from thousand arms).

the other jpop/jrock people that i like are:
    -x japan
    -utada hikaru
    -boa(i think she's kpop,i forgot so i decided to just put her here)
    -siam shade
    -judy and mary
    -B'Z
    -hayashibara megumi

17. endless_pain

endless_pain New Member

oohhh!!! ayumi hamasaki!!!i like her! specially the song final distance its so sad!:sad: :(

18. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

I first listened to Jpop about 7 years ago, hearing random hits by Globe, Namie Amuro, etc. It was Globe's "Feel Like Dance" that made me think "whoa, Japanese music is so cool compared to American pop." So I guess I prefer catchy Jpop (danceable or nice love songs) compared to other kinds. But just 1-2 years later, I listened to Kpop for the first time, and I hate people who say "Jpop and Kpop are the same thing," cuz they're not! I like Kpop the most out of all Asian pop (I tried some Chinese, Thai, Filipino, and Indian), and so my interests in Jpop have faded out nearly completely. I do still listen to a few trippy Japanese songs, such as R&B kind by Chemistry or Crystal Kay.

Wasn't it Utada Hikaru who sang the sad hit Final Distance? Maybe you have the two singers confused.

19. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

Yeah Im pretty sure it was Utada who sang Final Distance. I started listening to Jpop about a year ago and I fell in love with it. I have a pretty wide collection which is still growing by the day.

20. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I forgot. If you like J-pop, here's a great song- Nakanaide by Kitaki Mayu. It's the catchiest, most energetic, and j-poppish song ever. It's probably her only good song, too.

My favorite song by Utada Hikaru is Fly me to the Moon. It's a wonderful remake. (Lobster has it on his sig right now!)