Travel Band Camp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kryshana, Jul 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kryshana

Kryshana Dont try to understand me

Hello Everyone!!! Waz up??? NMH!!! ANywayz...I know that this may not be about travel...but I wanted to say that most of my summer has been about band. This year...me and my freinds went to Penny's Camp in St.Petersburg, Florida. IT was tons of fun, but the schedual was hectic!!! This is what it was like...

Wake up 6:45 am
    Breakfast 7:15 am
    Class 8:00 am
    Rehearsal 10:30 am
    Lunch 12:00 pm
    Class 1:30 pm
    Rehearsal 2:00 pm
    Break 3-5pm <----- spent most of my time at the College pool with my buds!!! ^_^
    Class 5:15 pm
    Dinner 6:30 pm
    Rehearsal 7:30-9pm
    In Dorm by 10pm
    Lights out by 11pm

That was our schedual basically for 4 days!!! But it was fun anywayz...i had tons of fun playing air guitar and singing with my friends in the dorms...i was pretty crazy...lol. ^_^

But in the next two weeks...I will be at my school's band camp...sure to be fun!!! haha...ha...yeah. Anywayz...i dunno....w/e...have fun this summer while you can ya'll! adios!

2. Hitokiri Tenma

Hitokiri Tenma New Member

I have to go to band camp soon.

1 person likes this.
  3. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

Wow, sounds..eh. I am sure it was fun, but seeing as I droped out of band, it doesn't seem like a real ball to me. I am going to a camp kinnda like that, but it is a choir camp. Well hope it was fun, I hope the College I am at has a pool!

4. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

This one time at band camp...

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Band Camp eh? Nah-no-no! No, see, i follow my lovely schedule as follows:

My lovely Summer days off Schedule!:
    1 Pm-1:30 Pm:Wake Up
    1:30 Pm-2 Pm:Finish Waking Up
    2 Pm-2:30 Pm:Lunch Time!
    2:30 Pm-4:30 Pm:Watch TV
    4:40 Pm-6 Pm-Back to "work"
    6 Pm-7 Pm:Break time....
    7Pm-8 Pm-Games
    8 Pm-8:30 Pm:Dinner!
    8:30 Pm-1 Am:Choices of Computer, TV, or Games (There's about a 10min break about every two hours...)
    1 Am-1:30 Am:FullMetal Alchemist!
    1:30 Am-1 Pm:Sleep

That's the life of a lazy bastard for you XD! Of course, these lovely days are limited to not so many of course.....nevertheless, i looove summer camp! :p

-Seishin

6. Hacker

Hacker ~Richie Rich~

lol, nice schedule Seishin. i never went to a band camp....but i've played some instruments. i played the violen (ooops forgot how to spell it) the classical guitar, and for TWO Whole years!!!....i played the flute. i don't play any of those anymore.....but i know who to play the Keyboard!!! i know how to play, Row Your Boat, Happy Birthday, Hot cross bunns, and Yankey Dooodle!!! lol. i really have to get a schedule~_~

1 person likes this.
  7. Kryshana

hahahaha...fun fun fun....I play the flute in the band...but this year, I will be taking lessons form my good friend on the alto sax. Hiro is in the band and he plays trumpet. Zomro & Zealot just graduated....Zomro plays french horn/ melaphone.....and Zealot plays cymbals/obeo.

Tons of fun...hehehe...one day in band camp....OMG!!! I have to tell you a story that happened last year! OMG...ok...

ONE TIME AT BAND CMAP...me and my friends were eating lunch and my friend Erik has this frozen Mt.Dew Code Red. Well...it's all shaken up so when he opens it...it's gushing out like a slushie or something. Then, next thing I know...he's on all fours trying to suck every last bit...and it looks sooooooo worng and I couldn't help but laugh!!! I told him, "No no!!! That's not how you do it!!! You're supposed to suck faster faster...don't make a mess either....come on...get that sucker!!!" LMAO!!! It was so funny and we'll never forget it!!! ^_^

Hope you liked that one...i know I did....LMAO! ^_^

8. Hitokiri Tenma

LOL,yeah that was funny. Me, I play the alto sax.

9. Kryshana

Wow...that's awesome....yeah...I really want to learn how to play alto sax, as well as the trumpet and drums. I'm currently trying to tach myself how to play guitar but it's hard!!! Gosh...it's difficult trying to read the book...lol

10. Hitokiri Tenma

the alto sax is, in my opinion, one of the hardest instruments to play

11. Nephilim_X

Nephilim_X New Member

You have a rich and full life which is certainly not a total waste or lacking in that greatest delight of all, affectionate women.

12. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Band camp...

I never understand why people tend to go to bands camps.

Then again, I live in Sweden, play the electric guitar and we hardly have those things. Or do we?

- Teddz

13. Kryshana

???? dude..??? confused... :dizzy:

Anywayz...I think the hardest instrument to play is the obeo. Zealot plays that and he once let me play his obeo...omg!!! I couldn't make a single sound, note, or squeak out of it! grrr...my mouth is not used to that. Well...at least I can make a note out of a sax. LoL.

14. Kryshana

Wow...band camp starts tomorrow! *groans* grr...I dunno how I'll be able to hold up my flute for marching tomorrow...becuase my hands are so soar from making fries all day at McDonalds. Plus, I got like 2nd degree burns on both of my arms from the STUPID FRY VATS...grrr....so they'll probably be bothering me tomrrow. My mom says that most likely...they'll peel. Ewwwie!

Anywayz...I have a question to those who play the Saxaphone. I'm going to go and rent an Alto or Tenor Sax (haven't decided on which one yet)...but I need to know...what would be the top brand to buy. I have no idea so I'm guessing some of you guys would know....please help! ^_^

15. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

i hate band camp...its a waste of a week of my life...and especially being in the darned Florida sun... its just torture. I was supposed to be trumpet field leader this year but i missed leadership camp... so im just first chair and get to play solos...lol :anime: yea i really want to help all the other players though b/c i love the trumpet and i want to see people succeed so much...so yea, band camp sucks...dont join band b/c band = crazy people who just need to be shot. This coming form a erson who has been in band 7 years.... lol

16. Kryshana

OK...today was like the 2nd day of band camp...and i got to say that we're starting off REALLY WELL this year. YAY! ^_^ I love band! *giggles with joy* But...DAMN!!! It was soooo freakin' hot outside on the feild...I thought that I was about to faint! Gosh...but anywayz...our show this year is Cirque du Solei...I think that's how you spell it...Hiro, correct me if I'm wrong. ANywayz...yeah...hope you guys have fun at your band camp! ^_^

WEll...I've been in band for like 4 years!!! ANd I love it...anywayz...I'll see you tomorrow at band camp! ^_^ WOW...you didn't get into leadership camp? Well...you should have gone! Shame...I was gonna be a leader, but I lost the form before I even got to turn it in or anything. Oh...well, maybe next year.

ANywayz...can anybody help me with my Sax question??? I really need to know!!!

^_^

17. Hiro

Hiro Active Member

tomorrow is the last day of band camp and its crap...im so tired of band camp but i have been working my butt off...i have almost vomitted each day because of heat exhaustion...man i wish it was already over and no more marching...but the next song has my duet in it so i have to learn it... o woe is me.... yet again i warn... dont join band....

18. Hitokiri Tenma

I prefer yamaha.

19. Kryshana

Ok...i asked my band director and she said that that brand is ok...but she perfers Sunmers or something like that. But thanx anywayz...^_^

OMG...Hiro...you are such a whiner. Yeah...you did seem like you were about to pass out a few times. I have been working my butt off too!!! I've been trying to get a Hoho award and for 3 years i have not been able to get a SINGLE ONE! and...omg...one day...i'm so gonna get revenge to the seniors. It was hard getting silly string out of my hair!!! (it's tradition for seniors to do something bad to the juniors) *grr* Oh and with the last activity today...I was crying at the end b/c i just realized that some of those seniors are like my best friends...and this is the last year i'll be able to spend with them... *sobs* :sad:

Well...anywayz...I love band! It never gets old to me...I just hate the intensity of the heat during band camp. Oh..I passed 3/4 peices of our show music today...yay! I'm really doing good!!!^_^ I can't wait till football season starts!!! :D

20. Hitokiri Tenma

No problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.