RPG Archives Beads of Balance: Chapter One: Nodum

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stardust Phox, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Chapter One: Nodum

With the thick clouds covering the sky, it is almost impossible to tell that the sun is near setting. It is dark, the gusts blowing are cold, and most people are staying home. Merchants and salespeople are making their final sales of the day packing up. Children who were at school have gone home and are playing only in their yards, if they have any. The threat of rain isn't imminent -- it's just the ominous feeling in the air that is making most everyone go home.

People in the outskirts of the town were rushing to get back to their houses.

Just outside of Nodum is a forest. And in that forest are two young teens.

Sagwa shuddered from a breeze that wounds its way through the forest trees. She moved to the entrance of the cave, just inside it, to shield herself from the wind and take a look at the sky.

"Taku, I should get back home," she said to the boy a little deeper inside the cave. She glanced at the forest path and saw the branches swaying ominously in the stormy air. Sagwa gulped. "Before it gets any worse..."

She took a step forward and hesitated, looking back inside the safe rocky structure and taking hold of the straps of her sling in her pocket. "Before it gets too late," she mumbled to herself, hoping that would take away a bit of the fear.

2. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Natalie was bending down by her mothers’ flower garden on the out skirts of town at the Nobleman’s cottage. Natalie felt the chill in the air. She sat up and looked around. Her eyes fell on a strange creature. “What the heck are you?” She asked the creature.

“I am your brother, moron.” Natalie’s younger brother was behind the creature. She lightly leaned to the side and looked past the creature. Her brother was holding a stack of logs for the fire. “You are such a geek,” he said shaking his head. “Dad says to get inside before it gets to dark.” He looked around and ran inside. He felt the same chill Natalie did. Natalie stopped leaning and looked at the creature point blank.

“NATALIE, CHILD. Get in here.” Her mother was yelling from the door.

“I need to go.” Natalie walked past the creature and walked inside the cottage. ’Why did I tell it that?’ She thought. Shaking her head she put the flowers she carried on the table. “I am going to my room.” She lay on her bed and was thinking about what she saw. ’Maybe it was a ghost? Nah.’ She got up for some unknown reason. She put on her cloak and walked out the back door. Putting up her hood she walked towards town.

[OOC] I hope this is okay. I wasn’t sure what we are supposed to do exactly. I made Natalie the "Nobleman’s' daughter" because Gata said something about in the OOC questions thread. The creature of course is her guide. Do the guides have actual names? I have an idea for my guides name unless they have one.

3. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke New Member

Markku was looking through his cabinets for food. "Argh...darn...can't find a morsel....I should have gone to town earlier....oh well. I'll go buy some food and eat at a reastaurant tonight," Markku said, reaching for his cloak. He closed the door to his sturdy cabin and locked the door. Then he yanked a chain that made the waterfall that hid his home split in half so he could pass without getting wet.

After walking for about half a mile, he arrived at the town. "Ah, now for some chow!," he said running towards the retaurant at a mad pace

4. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

"Sagwa, wait!" Taku exclaimed. "It would be better if I walked you home, unless you'd like to stay here for the night" He said. "The weather is horrible, I myself am not quite sure what will happen." He added.

5. Stardust Phox

Sagwa was VERY much relieved at the prospect of not going home on her own. She sighed and relaxed her shoulders.

"I should get home," she said. "My parents would be worried if I didn't show up, especially with winds like this."

She smiled at Taku and began to walk to the road. "I'll lead the way, then!"

ooc: Basher, I need you to edit your post -- no one will meet their patrons yet. Also, could everyone remember to turn off their signatures in all IC threads? I'm the first offender, so no one's guilty but me. ^_^; And finally... remember that all posts will lead to the Town Square.

6. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

Athena was studying in one of her books of spells when she saw the rain clouds. She smiled and couldn't resist the urge to go outside. She made her way out of her home and onto the trail. It had yet to start raining and much to her surprise she found herself headed for the nearest town.

7. Basher

Natalie reached the town and laughed to herself. She saw someone running madily. 'Oh its the loner,' she thought. She grunted to herself and continued on her path. 'I am kind of hungry. Why did I leave without eatting?'

8. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

A mug slammed rather hard onto the countertop, enough so to cause the beverage within to slosh over the lip a bit.

"An' tha's why... tha's why these durrn stewpid callnders don' make no sense." Erasmus then raised the mug up again, took a large swig, spun around on the barstool, and landed on the floor with a loud thud. Beer had completely soaked through his shirt, which was the traditional state of the regular to the tavern.

"Alright, Fagin," said the barkeeper, helping the man to his feet again. "I think you've had one too many for tonight. Why don't you go on home."

"Wha'd zhou say 'bout ma home!?"

"Sir, please don't make a scene. You don't have to go home, but you most definitely can't stay here."

"Awwright, jus' zhou wach yourr bach, or I'll..." and he stumbled wildly out into the street.

9. Athena

Athena had reached the town and she saw a man walking wildly about. She realized he must be drunk but she was still concerned for him and she walked up to him. She smiled warmly at him and said, "Do you need help getting somewhere Sir?"

10. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

"Alright, Let's go." Taku said as he followed Sagwa through the woods. After about 15 minutes, the town was finally in sight. "Looks like we're almost there"

11. Stardust Phox

"Great, and it hasn't started raining!" Sagwa was on her way home, when suddenly she saw something dart out from the street she was heading to. Startled, she latched onto Taku's arm as she stared at where she thought it'd gone.

"Did you see that?" she asked, her red eyes widening to see better in the dim light. "It... It looked like my neighbors' cat."

12. Sebastien

Sebastien Guest

"I can't see clearly what it is" Taku muttered. "Do you think we should go check it out?" He asked Sagwa.

13. Stardust Phox

"Yeah... just in case." Sagwa started to walk in the direction the thing had headed in. "If someone found any pet of mine when it's going to rain, I'd sure like them to bring it back..."

OOC: Consider this a sweep, meaning everyone please post. Taku and Sagwa are already on their way to the town square. I would like it very much if everyone just started heading there one way or another, 'kay? ^^

14. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

A young woman ran swiftly through the forest, several dead rabbits in one hand and a spear in the other with a bow and quiver of arrows slung over her shoulder.

She had just stepped off a log, when the jaws of a Defos clamped down on the wood, exactly where her foot had been a second before.

"Go away!" The brown haired girl yelled at the beast, swiping her spear at it.

The Defos dodged it easily and continued it's persuit. The girl saw her opportunity in a tree where it was split in two at the trunk into two large branches. She slid right through the small space and continued running at full speed without looking back. The thumping noise and the howl from the beast, however, confirmed her trick had worked. It was temporarily lodged between the branches.

Grinning from her cleverness, she didn't slow down until she finally left the deeper side of the forest. She stopped to catch her breath before continuing at a more slower pace, the defos wouldn't follow her this far out.

Soon, she came across her father's tavern. She let herself in the back entrance where the kitchens were located.

"Lakia, is that you?" the male voice came from the front of the tavern.

"Yeah, Dad! I managed to catch a few rabbits." Lakia answered, as she placed her weapons down in the corner and placed the dead animals on the counter.

She was just stirring the large pot filled with bubbling soup when her father came in.

"Good, we were running out." He said, and then he noticed the tears on the hem of her skirt. "Lakia! I told you it was dangerous to go too deep into the forest!"

"Oh dad, I was fine! It was just a defos." Lakia said as though she was talking about a harmless puppy.

The look on her father told her that he wasn't all too okay with that and decided to change the subject.

"Here, the customers are waiting!" She said, handing him two bowls of soup.

Her father gave her his disaproving and "There will be a lecture when the day's done" look, before leaving.

Dreading this, Lakia looked around for an excuse to leave.

"Um... We're running out of spices Dad! Maybe I'll be able to buy some from town before all the stores close!" She yelled to her father as she grabbed her cloak from the wall.

"Fine, but be armed. There are dangers on the road."

"Yes, Dad." Lakia said rolling her eyes as she grabbed her spear and bow and arrows.

And just as she reached the door...

"And don't think I'm going to forget about today, Lakia!"

She winced and walked out...

15. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

"Do you need help getting somewhere Sir?"

With great effort, Mr. Fagin lifted his head long enough to see a girl looking down at him. His vision was blurred, so he couldn't really see the features of her face all that well, but it was another person.

"Areyuu... arr yu commin onte me?" He stood up taller, which was an obvious effort on his part. "Or prhaps yur lookin fura fight!"

He didn't really want to fight, but anyone confronting him had to have a reason, he figured. He just wanted to get to the inn at the other side of town. First, though, let's see how she reacts, he thought.

16. Athena

Athena looked at the man and said, "No Sir, I am not trying to hit on you I am merely trying to help you out if you need the help and you will accept my help."

Inwardly Athena sighed, drunks were so hard to deal with at times.

17. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke New Member

Markku arrived at the town square and looked around. "Hmmm...I think I'll go to the market before eating. And so, he walked toward the market place.

18. Basher

Natalie walked along her path not knowing where she was going. She put her hood up. She continued and in front of her was a man acting not to friendly to a girl. She decided to stop and she if she could help.

"Is everything okay here?" She could smell beer coming of this man. 'I better stick around I wouldn't want this girl to get hurt,' she thought. "Can I help in anyway?"

19. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

"I'as jus messin wi'tcha!" laughed Erasmus. "If yu wanna help meh, 's fine."

"Is everything okay here? Can I help in any way?" Someone else had run up to the two of them, probably in defense of the first girl. He saw no real problem, so he didn't try to joke with her. Man, I'm popular tonight, he thought.

"Earythin's fine here, just givin' her a bi' o' a scare, 'sall. Since yu botsh wanna help su mush, I du nee'ta get ta mah place, ann'll prolly hurt meself I try walkin' bah meself. I'm a' th' inn on t'othr side o'town."

20. Basher

Natalina put her hands on her hips. Behind her hood she said. "You shouldn't have gotten yourself drunk." She pulled off her hood. Showing her face. "But I guess it is our civic duty to help guys like you." Looking at the guy. "Can you atleast walk or would you liked to be carried?"