Polls Best Lead Character in Anime

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Digitaldog, Apr 9, 2003.

?

Who was or is the best leader in Anime?

1. Inu-Yasha of Doy! Inuyasha

28 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Yami/Yugi Mouto of Yu-Gi-Oh!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Takuya Kanbara of Digimon Frontiers

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  4. Hikaru Shidou of Magic Knight Rayearth

4 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Other (Please Reply Who)

47 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Best lead character, eh? Damn, there's so many choices, I can't really decide. I'll try to narrow it down though.

Surawatari Go - Shinkon Gattai Goddanar - The Power Ranger. This guy's got history, a wife that still goes to high school, a reincarnated lover, a giant mech partnered with a smaller mech that combines into a BIGGER mech. He yells out "HAATO! BUREEKAA!!" in really bad engrish. He's also the source of many a great moment and speeches. Plus he's got a really cool voice...commanding and very heroic.

Katsuragi Mistao - Shin Seiki Evangelion - A leader cum overgrown child. She has two distinct personalities that seem to shift on a pindrop. From professional general dash heroine to a teenager that's just found her parent's alcohol stash...she shows qualities that all people have, in extremes, in spades. What makes her so appealing is that she's tragic. I can look at her (and most of the evangelion cast) and feel something.

Hideaki Asaba - His and Her Circumstances - He's got something hidden deep inside him, that he doesn't really let out. He's a loner, but prefers people (though really only pretty girls...and Souichiro). He also looks totally on the brighter side of things, and really looks out for his friends. One of the better characters in a manga/anime that has multiple main focii.

Mugen - Samurai Champloo - LOL. I like this guy just because he's an *** that really doesn't think ahead. He's got extremely fancy, almost Capoeira-like, swordskills...and he rather looks like Spike Spiegel, don't you think?

Chiise - She, the Perfect Weapon - I sadly don't recall if that's her name or not, but this is nearly the uttermost definition of a tragic character. Through war and death, she still somehow manages to retain her innocence. But, she also knows the horrors that she's done, and is affected by it. Put into the job unknowingly, if not unwanting, she struggles constantly to be herself, and the weapon she was created to be.

Kawachi - Yakitate!! Japan! - Okay, so he's a manga character...but he's a GREAT lead. He's constantly the comic relief, but there's also drive in him. He also wants to be the best, and takes pains and steps to get there. Not satisfied (though it takes persuading on other people's parts to do so) with his skills, he forages ahead to make himself stronger. Also, the fact that he sports an afro gets him 100+ points for lead character.

Those are probably the tops of my list right now. Misato's only there, really, because I dont' know which lead to put in for Evangelion. Her, Shinji, or Asuka. But, anyway, there you go.

Just to see me stray from the flock a bit!

2. NoDa

NoDa New Member

I think that InuYasha is the best leader. He kindda takes care of his friends, and is a tough leader... that is, when someone insults him he doesn't take it THAT personaly.

3. jackking456

jackking456 New Member

i go with
    Naruto
    and Inuyasha

4. jakotsu chan

jakotsu chan Nevermore!

i vote inuyasha

5. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

For those who know me, it's quite obvious who I'm going to choose. That sweet, kind, intelligent, amazingly beautiful girl known only as Cherry, from the anime Saber Marionette J.

A picture of her can be found here:

[EDIT]I hope she counts as a lead character. If not, then Lime, from the same anime.[/EDIT]

6. SATURN_LOVER_76

SATURN_LOVER_76 New Member

me faveorite leader in anime would have to be KAMUI SHIRO----X

7. Sp1k3

Sp1k3 New Member

Where is Guts?

8. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Hmmm I don't know wether to pick Sir Integra Wingates Hellsing (Hellsing), or Alucard.. Integra is a powerful woman with an iron will and discipline.. figuratively said, she's a woman with balls!
    Alucard.. he's just freaking bad-ass and terrifying.. I just love his vampire magic tricks..

Other character would be Mugen from Samurai Champloo. He's the kind of anti-hero who's cool because he's just being himself and doesn't care what others think. Gotto love his.. I'll just steal the name from http://www.nuklearpower.com ... "2 fisted monkey style attack!". I mean, he does look like a monkey while fighting.. But it's cool, he's not such a stiff-looking samurai :)

9. Strife

Strife New Member

My personal favourite's Ranma from Ranma 1/2 and Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

10. Seishin

Seishin Guest

FullMetal Alchemist-Edward Elric:A great role to play. I love it how he can be really funny at times, then serious, to seriously pissed. It's the change of attitude, genious.

Love Hina-Keitaro Urashima:What? Do I even have to say it? The dude's the luckiest guy ever!

But my all favourite would have to be not a single lead, but a double lead.

Full Metal Panic-Kaname Chidori and Sosuke Sagara:Without the other, they're practically nothing, but together, they make really great duo. It's like a reaction, Sosuke blows something up, Kaname hits him. Sosuke does something stupid, Kaname hits him. It's just funny how one can screw the other one.

-Seishin

11. SailorRei08

SailorRei08 New Member

inuuuu x3

I vote for Inuyasha. :p

12. Orion

Orion Gears

I'm gonna go with Sosuke and Chidori as well. They're the dynamic duo of Japan. To add onto that, it's always fun to see a sane person try to calm and control a crazy war-nut. :anime: