Music Best/Worst Anime soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Teddz, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Best Anime Soundtrack?

All the bloody OH! My Goddess OST are just wonderful!

Sad songs with pianos and violins playing with happy songs sung by Bell and Urd & co...

Your opinion?

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

It seriously depends on what you like. I mean, dang, there's so much to choose from and many are VERY good. So, I'll just list the ones in top..err...some odd number ranking right now, k? And yes, download them, to preview them, if you can. You will be amazed and appalled, that you haven't listened to them before.

Oh, I also liked the Aa! Megamisama! tracks. They're pretty good. I always dig "XXX" (kiss kiss kiss) and "Tenshi no Uta" (the hymn or chant thing at the climactic confrontation in the movie) are really enjoyable. So is this one song that has all the Goddesses (Urd, Belldandy, and Skuld) singing...but I forgot the title. As soon as I find that particular song, I'll tell you. ;)

Now, on to Izzy's always long lists!

Shin Seiki Evangelion - All the extra CDs are very good. Well, with the exception of VOX. It has a good remake of "Komm Susser Tod", but that's about it. The Birthday of Rei Ayanami is EXCELLENT. As in, all the tracks! But the show stoppers are "Cruel Angel's Thesis (Director's Cut)" and the piano/acoustic of the same song.

FLCL - Again, ALL the CDs are worth listening to. Why? the pillows. That's all I should say about it, but dammit, they're just THAT good. "Hybrid Rainbow" and "Kim Deal" are good ones to preview. Probably even "Advice" to show another sort of style from them.

Noir - AMAZING. All three discs are AMAZING. Enough so that I kept them in my hard drive until a couple weeks ago...and even then, I kept more than half. "Lullaby", "Kirei na Kanojou", "Canta Per Me", "Les Soldats", "Indio", and "Salva Nos." They're my favorites of the favorites. ;)

Cowboy Bebop - Yoko Kanno. I shouldn't say anything more than that. Anything she does is truly art. "Call Me Call Me", "No Reply", "Cosmic Dare", and "Rain" are among my faves. Series to be included in this is Macross Plus (I think) and Tenkuu no Escaflowne. Basically any series done by her has the good fortune of GREAT music.

Chobits - The opener, "Let Me Be With You", is addictive. The rest of the BGM and songs are good too...some kinda Mary Tyler Moore thing going on. Actually, just laid back and very..uhh...happy. Good though.

Bubblegum Crisis/Bubblegum Crisis Tokyo 2040 - One is 80's style rock, and the other is just rocked with some techno synth in. Both REALLY good. Well, to me. And maybe Stardust Phox. Not that many supporters of this series here, but, still good in my opinion. "Konya wa Hurricane"...you'll be bumpin' this for a while. In both original and 2040 remix.

Kimagure Orange Road - Some of the most beautiful playing I've ever heard. Well, considering where it came from, anyway. Ayukawa's Theme is YUM. Kyosuke's theme is YUM. Trust me.

Ranma ½ - Some funny songs. "Ranbada Ranma" is hilarious...just as "China Kara no Tegami" is even more sheer in its hilarity. Especially the Ryoga/Jusenkyo Guide one...thanks again Baka!

Love Hina - Good songs. I like 'em. "Sakura Saku" is pretty hyped and happy, but the lullaby version is mellow. "Sweet Blue Days" and "Yakusoku" is good too.

Crest/Banner/Battlefield of the Stars - I haven't heard Battlefield's yet...but the rest is pretty good. Mostly BGM and instrumentals...but, the same COULD be said for some of the Noir OSTs.

And there's many more...but you're probably tired of reading through all this, right? I won't mention "Do You Remember Love" and other such ones. I'll just leave those up to the others. There's a lot more out there, believe me. Oh, don't be surprised to see anyone vouching for the .hack// series.

3. The Jackal

The Jackal New Member

Mean question!
    My current favourite is Cowboy Bebop 3 'Blue'.

4. Odin

Odin Member

Izzy's my hero for putting up Crest/Banner/Battlefield of the Stars! NOW ONLY IF I COULD FIND THE BLOODY SOUNDTRACK FOR CREST OF THE STARS!

These are my current top favorite Anime CDs, including the above mentioned:

Cowboy Bebop (all OST's, including the movie)
    Rurouni Kenshin OVA 1 OST
    Jin Roh OST
    Akira - Symphonic Suite
    Princess Mononoke OST
    Sharon Apple Cream P.U.F.

I've only seen the first DVD of the Oh My Goddess! OVAs, and I don't remember the music well enough to offer a decent opinion on it. However, I do remember some songs from the Oh My Goddess! Movie and I liked those!!

I'm also partial to the Berserk soundtrack, though the vocals are horrid (though I still enjoy listening to them . . . ).
    -Odin

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

both trigun soundtracks...
    magic knight rayerth - ost v.1
    ff6 grande finale

6. Odin

Odin Member

Would Final Fantasy VI Grand Finale really count as an "anime soundtrack"? Well, if we're going to include videogame CDs, then SO BE IT. BWAHAHA!

Final Fantasy Symphonic Suite
    Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, VIII, IX, and X Piano Collections (I still wonder why there was never a PC for FF VII)
    Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec
    Final Fantasy Vocal Collection: Love Will Grow
    Final Fantasy Vocal Collection: Pray
    Final Fantasy VII Reunion (I would put the OST, but Reunion has the awesome orchestrated songs)
    F-Zero X Guitar
    Elemental Gearbolt
    Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete
    Suikoden - Orrizonte
    Xenogears: Creid

And I'll throw in ICO since I like the little music there is ^_^
    -Odin

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

humm...

looks like everyone has different tastes...if i change the question to best MOVIE ost than?'

OH! MY GODDESS THE MOVIES OST :D :D

8. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Movie, eh?

Shin Kimagure Orange Road: Summer's Beginning

Okay, so there's only...two or three songs that are actually forefronted in the movie...but I don't think the mood can be set any better. If you haven't watched it, I suggest checking it out.

Although, I'd just say keep the question the way it is. It's a good way to get people's tastes, and what to be on the lookout for. I for one look at everyone's recommendations seriously, and probably even try previewing one or two tracks.

9. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

cowboybebop: knocking on heavens door sdt

and fora note...i put ff in there cause i am very finicky about the soundtracks i pick up...bebop is the only anime movie one i have. i didn't mean for ppl to list off all the ff sdt they own..

10. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I'm lovin' BB's pick. It has "Butterfly", "Cosmic Dare"...and I believe (gasp!) "Knockin' on Heaven's Door".

Yum songs. Very. Download if you can, you won't be disappointed. Especially with "Cosmic Dare". Very lively and I think it fits Faye REALLY well.

(FYI, "Cosmic Dare" was her driving music at one point in the movie.)

11. Odin

Odin Member

Ah, but I didn't list every Final Fantasy Soundtrack I own . . . I just put down the CDs that I particularly like (which is most of them, anyway)!

Oh . . . and are you sure "Cosmic Dare" is on the Cowboy Bebop movie soundtrack? I own it (NOT bootlegged), and I don't see it listed anywhere on the CD, unless it goes by some different name. I do remember hearing a song in the movie near the beginning that plays while Faye is on-screen that I don't remember (well) hearing in the soundtrack . . . maybe this is the one?

(Actually, are there two separate soundtracks for the movie? I do remember seeing bootlegged two-disc sets of the "movie OST.")
    -Odin

12. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Well, maybe. I made the assumption in what in the Movie Soundtrack since I believe the song was exclusive to the movie. Well, I looked into it, but it's on the "Mini-album Ask DNA."

There are pretty much three CDs for the movie. One is "Future Blues", the other is what I mentioned, and "Cowgirl ED: OST".

I'll give myself the benefit, and say that "Cosmic Dare" is also part of the OST...just not on the disc you have. :p

Edit: Oh, the "Cowgirl ED" is a special 8cm disc. Y'know, those teeny ones? :D

13. Odin

Odin Member

Thanks . . . now I know what to look out for at my next con.
    -Odin

14. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

it might be a translation into english as most of the track are in japanese...dinna know, the cowgirl ed song was neat. and the first track on the second disc

15. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

So far, the Vampire Princess Miyu OST is really nice... I've also heard a lot of tracks from the first Trigun and Hellsing soundtracks, which both sound awesome.

16. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

I like a lot of Anime Soundtracks--

Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon-All of them are great!

Shin Shirayuki Densetsu Hime Pretear-There's only one soundtrack to this anime-but it's definitely worth it!

Gravitation-Sugoi!

Weizz Kreuz-Love them all. All the songs are really good.

17. Stardust Phox

Stardust Phox Such a Taurean I am!

Crest of the Stars! Crest of the Stars!! And Candidate for Goddess! But more Crest of the Stars! ..and Candidate for Goddess!! Orchestra-quality...!!! Both of them...!!!

18. x4nth3r

x4nth3r New Member

In my opinion Ragnarok The Anime has the best soundtrack and Last Exile has the worst soundtrack i've heard so far =\

19. SteamedRice

SteamedRice New Member

In my opinion, Cowboy Bebop and Gundam Seed has an exceptional sdtk. I'm quite fond of it.. as a matter of fact, I've even downloaded some of its track listings.

Gundam Seed ft. Tatsuya Ishii - River*
    Cowboy Bebop - Tank!

*I love this track.. for its melody and vocals.. it has soul.
    ----------
    Well, as for some bad anime sdtk., I really can't recall any nor do I even want to contemplate about it :D

20. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

Best soundtrack...Escaflowne
    Worst has to be Kotetsu....*shudder*