Debate Big Actor Wages

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BakaMattSu, Jul 29, 2003.

1. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Well if you look at some movies they portray a lot of things that younger people can get lost in, ranging from smoking is cool, violence is good, looks are the most important thing in life, talent will get you no where, you'll end up growing up and falling in love with some movie-star style wo/man, so on and so forth. Of course there's people that see through this, there's bound to be those that aren't... just my opinion. :p Of course I say that just 'cause I like to debate. I personally think athletes are absurdly over-paid and have little to no purpose.

2. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I agree 100%.There are people starving on the streets,but we have to make sure that Kobe Bryant is swimming in cash for the rest of his(and his kid's) life.:rolleyes: This money could be going to people that actually affect our lives.People like teachers and doctors.Maybe there would be a lower percentage of morons on this planet if teachers had more money to use on education.:rolleyes:

3. Novus

Novus Gone

Hey, this is a world that would rather be entertained than educated. Until that changes, I guess we can look forward to overpaid actors and athletes. The only other option is really to boycott the entertainment and sports industries, and who among us is going to turn around and do that?

4. Quistis

Quistis New Member

I think that it is kinda stupid how much money actors get payed. All they did was pretend. I mean there are more important ppl out there that should get the money they do. I mean its so stupid how when the show Friends was going to end they made their pay higher so they would have another season :rolleyes: I mean come on like they need more money.

5. Phalanx

Phalanx Long Live M2A!

I wonder if anyone will ever see the day when athletes and actors look with envy at the sums of money that teachers and professors make.

But then again, thats going to take a very long time to happen.