Creative Writing BJP members story

Discussion in 'Written Arts' started by Basher, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Okay all, the BJP are hosting an anime convention members only and we all come. Let's try not to go to out of hand with this one. I'll think it could be fun.

'I cannot believe I am late,' I thought. 'This stupid cab.' I sat back and sighed. 'First my flight was delayed but now this.' I glanced out the window decieding to enjoy my time. 'San Fransico sure is pretty. I hope I'll have time to enjoy it.'

"That will be $32.58, miss." The cab driver said.

"Here." I hand him a fifty. "Keep the change." The door to the cab is opened by a bell hop. He coat is a very clean and crisp marron with gold buttons. His hat is a little on the dorky side. He easily handles my things on to the cart. 'Looks like someone had sprung for the Ritz,' I thought. 'Here I go.'

2 people like this.
  2. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

got the word from the bjp members anime convention and decided to go...
    it'll be some good spent time and i'll be able to know a bit more about animes.
    borded on a plain :dizzy2: :anger2: , man, i hate flying, hope the trip is worth it. got to S. F and went to the hotel...
    everything started going wrong. i gave the cab driver the wrong directions by mistake and ended up on a dock.
    after all the trouble i entered the hotel i was going to be in.

3. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

"Hmm....."
    I looked around for a while trying to find a cab to go to the Boards.JP convention I had been invited to. I keep trying to catch up to cabs, but I got ignored by all of them. "Grrr.....these cab drivers really want to make me look like a Hopeless Loser (my b.jp title)"
    I went to the bench behind me and sat. I sighed and said in a low, yet still audiable voice "hmmm.....wonder what kind of party Cloud and BakaMattSu can throw"
    "Crap! THATS ANOTHER CAB GONE!"......"I really hope they outdo themselves as much as they do the site.....still.....the users I want to meet are too many to count. Wonder if I'll get to talk to all the ones i want"
    I tilted my head up to see that everyone else was catching a cab.
    "god damn it"

-KaiyonTormentor

4. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

After departing the plane from Edmonton, I found an information desk and asked directions to the hotel that the convention was to be held at.

Moments later, armed with this information, I hailed a taxi, and was on my way. This would be an expensive trip, more so than to Anime North back in 2004, but it should be worth it. "3000 members... I wonder if all of them will be there."

I was disappointed that Cherry couldn't come, of course, but she said it was alright. I had simply heard about the convention too late, and even with my friend on the inside (he works at a travel agency), I was only able to get one seat on the plane. All the rest were taken, and there were no other flights from Edmonton with any free seats until it would be too late.

She had said, "You go, Shinryu*-sama. I know you'll have fun there, even without me. I don't want you to miss out on this convention because of me."

I was sad, of course, but I knew she would be with me in spirit, at least. And I did have my cell phone.

Arriving at the hotel, I paid the taxi driver, and my eyes were greeted by one of the most expensive-looking hotels I've ever seen.

"Wow," I thought to myself. "They really went all out." And I entered.

(Name changed for the same reason as the guy below me.)

5. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

"What am I doing? I must be crazy. Anyway, San Fransico, I wonder where it is. I'll better be going to San Francisco and get some information"

"Jedimdo*-sama, enjoy your trip, I'll be waiting for you."

"I'll be back soon Cherry. Are you really sure you don't want to go?"

"Yes, I am sure Jedimdo-sama. Outhere are some important persons for me that could get hurt if I go. If you need me, I'll be there"

Finally, I arrived to San Francisco.

"This surely will be fun"

(ooc:
    *Name changed due to privacy purposes. (Although I've already posted it :p )
    )

6. Basher

I slowly walked up the stairs. I was unsure of my surroundings. The doorman gave me a friendly hello. 'I honestly hated being called miss. Maybe I should get a ring to make people think I am taken. It would be a lot easier then explaining to people why I am not married. Being pretty is such a downer at times,' I thought.

I wasn't paying attention and ended up running into a stranger. "I am sorry." I looked him over. 'Hmm,' I thought. 'How odd? He wasn't wearing anything expensive for a place like this. Maybe he was an undercover cop. Maybe BMS and Cloud plan on skipping out on the tab this year. I am so not cut out for doing dishes.'

"That's okay miss," the cop said.

'Figures miss again. And his language is poor definitely a cop,' I thought. "Well, I'll be on my way." I walked up to the front desk with confidence. I glanced behind. The bellhop was barely keeping up.

"Hello miss. How may I help you?" the front desk clerk said.

"I am with the BJP Anime Convention. I am Basher."

"Let's see here." He typed away at the computer. "Yes, here you are. Basher. Room 614. A suite."

I took the key and signed in. "Are others here?"

"If I am not mistaken yes some are gathered in the ballroom. Ballroom 4 to be exact. I think they want you all to wear nametags. Is there anything else?"

"Not at this time," I replied. I moved away. I lightly heard the name of the next person he helped. 'I wonder if they are with the convention. It sounded familiar,' I thought. Not bothering to stop I moved on. The bellhop and I stopped in front of the elevator. Like a good trained seal he pushed the up button. The elevator dinged several time like an annoying bell in the hands of a child. Finally the door slid open and a wave of light music spilled out. Several people stepped out. We finally stepped in. The bellhop performed once again by hitting the 6-floor button.

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Waving the bellhop aside, I chose to carry my luggage myself. The last thing I wanted to do was waste my money on unnecessary tipping.

Pulling my suitcase up to the front counter, I was greeted with a friendly, "Hello, sir, what may I help you with today?"

I responded with, "I am Shinryu. I am here for the Boards.jp convention."

"Let's see... Alright, here you are, you're in Room 611. Here's your keycard. Is there anything else you would like?" She asked.

"If someone named 'Jedimdo' arrives within the next hour, can you tell him to meet me in the restaurant, if not, could you please give him my room number?" I was hungry, having foregone food on the flight. I did, after all, take A*r C*n*d*. I knew that restaurant food would be a far cry from the delicious meals Cherry always made me, but at least I didn't have to eat *i* *a*a*a. :D

"Certainly. I will tell him, if he arrives." Hopefully, this clerk would be the one that Jedimdo would check in with. "I'll pass around a memo, too, so that if he checks in with another clerk, they'll tell him." As if she had read my thoughts...

Thanking her, I took my luggage to my room, and made my way to the restaurant. "Hmm... the Tivoli Garden. I remember being in a restaurant like this once before..." Making sure my name tag was in place, I waited to be seated.

8. pardal

pardal Crimson Moon

wierd stuff... this hotel seems expensive?!! not to worry, hopefully i'll find my way easily in here, man, this hotel sure is big!!!!!
    some girl looked at me!!!! starring me from down to top... maybe my cloaths weren't good enough for this hotel, i would better change my self, got to find the place to sign in.
    it wasn't dificult - hello sir, how can i help you? - the clerk asked. - i'm here for the bjp convention - i said. - i'm Pardal - he typed it and said my room was 613.
    hope this number doesn't meen bad luck, gladly i'm not Supersticious.
    as i was going to my room the same girl from before looked at me again but this time she smiled, maybe she's here for the same reason i'm here for? and i made my way to the hotel room with the girl's face on my mind...

9. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

"Hmm, this hotel looks quite good. Cost means confort after all" I thought. I let the carrier to take my luggage "It was a long trip, some more bucks won't be a great difference" I was carrying an small suitcase, which carries some important stuff. I was leaving the lobby to reach my room, 711, when I noticed a girl who was staring me."

"Jedimdo, right?" She asked me. I still wonder how did she know my name, I was too much careful "There's somebody who is looking for you, and, you know his name, right?" I impressed myself even more.

"Yes, I know who he is. May you tell me how I can meet him?"

"His room is 611. Have a great stay."

"Thanks a lot" I told her and I went to my room. The tip was pretty expensive. "I should phone him right now" I thought while dialing the operator

"Yes? Who'd you like to call?" The operator was not too kind

"With room 611 please"

10. Reisti Skalchaste

Having eaten my meal without a sign of Jedimdo, I headed back to my room. I must admit, I was disappointed, but just because he missed the meal, doesn't mean he wouldn't show up.

Anyway, I got back to my room just in time to hear my room phone ringing. Without taking my shoes off, I raced to get to it in time, and answered the phone in the nick of time, with "Hello, Shinryu speaking."

11. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Luckly, I managed to catch a cab, with just enough time to make a stop before coming here. When i stood in front of the hotel, I looked up and said, "well....Cloud and Matt really know how to host a party".
    I walked in to do my check-in.
    "Room 709 Mister KaiyonTormentor" said the lady.
    "Thank you! Oh! And I'd preffer it if you just called me KT. KaiyonTormentor souds too formal for a place like this!."
    The lady couldn't help but to give me a weird stare.
    "Thats okay...I think maybe, Ill just stick with Kaiyon then". She sounded a bit weirded out when she said that.
    I walked towards the elevarot. Got on it and pressed the button which directed to my room.
    "709, 709, 709...." I mumbled as i looked for my room.
    "Ahh, there it is!" I got in the room, threw all my stuff in and just jumped in the bed.
    "Hmmmm" I groaned, "A trip all the way from Florida to here....now thats something!"
    I laughed and got back up. Put on a DVD i had just bought and pressed play.
    "goody! FullMetal Alchemist"

-KaiyonTormentor

12. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Surprised because of the quick answer, I began to speak

"Shinryu, eh? Long time no talking. I knew you wouldn't miss this for nothing, except for someone." I said

Slowly, I pulled out a photo from my wallet. She was there, beautiful as ever. I thought "Yes, he'll do it"

Putting the photo on the table, I continued "It was almost a terrible flight. Long distance trips and food from hell are not my favourites. Um, also a weird girl in the lobby told me about you. Why don't you start? You came here first."

13. Basher

There was six dings and we were on my level. "Your floor miss." The bellhop guided me out of the elevator. "Right this way." He guided me down the hall. After a few doors down he stopped. "Your room. I think most of this floor and the next have members from the convention." I just nodded.

He opened the door. A nice delight filled my place. I was astonished to how beautiful it was. BMS and Cloud did go all out. I still wondered how they got the money. The bellhop came to my attention. He was waiting for his tip. I grab my billfold out of my purse and handed him a bill. He smiled at me and left.

I walked around the room checking things out. A miny bar. A nice plush leather couch. One of those doors most lead to my bedroom and the other the bathroom. I noticed a slip of paper on the table. It of course said welcome to the Ritz Carlton. Naming of it's history and other places to see in San fransico. I picked up the next piece of paper. This one was for the convention. I glanced down at the list. Arrivals until 5:30 p.m. Meet and Greet at 6:00 p.m. and dinner at 7:00 p.m. follow by a new anime showing.

I glanced at the clock I had a few hours. I guess I could unpack.

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Into the phone, I said, "So, this is Jedimdo, then? Nice to finally talk to you. I was hoping we could meet face to face, but I guess you didn't make it in time."

At this point, I had forgotten everything else, and was concentrating on only two things. The phone in my hand, and the girl of my thoughts. No. Make that dreams. That's all she was to me, at one time, but, since that fateful day, we had been so much more. Yes, so very much more.

Snapping my mind back to the phone call, I said, after only a brief pause, "Of course I wouldn't miss this. How could I pass up a chance to meet my best friend face to face?"

"The flight went okay. Despite their horrible food, it wasn't bad. At least they played anime through the entire thing. Lord only knows why."

"A weird girl? Oh, that must have been the receptionist. I asked her to find you and let you know how to contact me. There was... something about her, but, oh well."

I continued on, near the end of my piece, with only a hint of sarcasm in my voice, "I'm wondering, though. Did she come with you?" That sarcasm, I tried very hard to make it sound right, just enough to let him know that I wasn't being totally serious, but not so much that he would think I was mocking him.

15. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Still in the phone, "I'm glad to hear you too, even if it's on the phone. There's plenty time to enjoy in the convention. The flight was delayed and I couldn't make it in time, but at least things haven't started yet."

Mean while I heard someone knocking the door and then running steps. "Who could be?" I thought. Then, I noticed that person introduced something to the room under the door.

I continued in the phone "Something, eh? That something, I want to discuss it with you, but I cannot in the phone" Then, I heard Shinryu's last question and I thought "For your sake, I hope you understand soon"

In the phone "We decided she wouldn't come for some reasons. Althought, she's always with me in other ways. I wish we could meet somewhere. When can we?"

16. Reisti Skalchaste

ooc: Sorry for stealing/taking over the thread...

"Certain reasons?" I wondered. I think I could guess at what he meant, but, I was sure it had to be an excuse.

To Jedimdo, I said, "Sure, I'd love to meet you in person! I guess we should choose a place away from most people, so we don't make a mistake, or miss each other. That's why I set up the whole restaurant thing."

"How about we meet... you know, I don't know where your room is, the phone must have showed who was calling before I answered it, but it only says "Call in Progress" now. Perhaps, outside of my room? I figure, that if you come straight here, there'll be no chance to miss each other. As for when, any time is fine. We have an hour or two before the opening ceremonies, and I'm just getting settled right now."

Slipping back into that sarcastic tone, just a little, I said "The two of you decided that she wouldn't come? Well, on my end, the plane was booked solid, and there were no flights out here with any free seats on them, so one of us had to stay behind. But, that doesn't matter, because I can still talk to her any time I wish."

17. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Sumimasen ^_^

I told to Shinryu "Okay, that's fine for me. How about in half an hour? I'll work with the luggage a bit and then I'll go straight there."

"And, about her, sure you can." I said with a bit of sarcasm

18. Reisti Skalchaste

"Half an hour? That's fine by me. Gives me some time to get ready myself."

In response to his second statement, "Of course I can. It's called a cell phone."

I took my cell phone out of my pocket at this, almost as a reassurance. I would later discover that I had left my charger at home by accident, and the battery was low!

Oblivious to this fact, I said, "See you soon, and when I do, I'll prove it."

19. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

"It's an agree then. I'll see you in half an hour. By the way, my room number is 711, just letting you know. I'll check some stuff here and then I'm going there. See you later."

After hanging up the phone, "I didn't expected but, he couldn't understand. This meeting will be interesting" I thought.

Rushing to the door I picked up what somebody left on the floor.

20. Reisti Skalchaste

After I hung up, I took off my shoes, and quickly arranged everything, so that my room would look nice. I had to make a good first impression, at least.

After I finished tidying up, I noticed I still had about 20 minutes before he was supposed to arrive. I figured, hey, why not give Cherry a call? At the least, she'd be able to boost my confidence.

Taking out my cell phone, I dialed the number. The phone rang once, twice, then died. I looked at it, shocked that it suddenly cut off, and on the screen, it said, "Battery Low."

'Crap!' I thought. 'How will I be able to show him the truth, if I can't call her?'

I looked everywhere for my charger, tearing apart everything I had just put away, without luck. 'Damn! I must have left it at home! How careless of me!'

At precisely that moment, I heard a knock on my door. I checked my watch. 20 minutes had passed. 'Crap! That's gotta be him!' I wasn't ready. My room was a mess. But I went, and slowly opened the door...