Music Black/Death Metal

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dr. Nick Rivera, Mar 3, 2004.

1. Angel from hell

Angel from hell New Member

^_^ Heh

______

Oh & sorry Jaken if that sounded somewhat like an outburst, ive been a lil cranky lately ^o^, tis good to see metal finally showing an expanding interest, but as always definations are in need of tweaking... KaZaA & Windows media does not help in the slightest -_-'

2. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Quite all right. i am not very good at classifiing types of music as you may have noticed. . .XD

Deicide and Morbid angel are awsome bands, used to be some of my favorites. . .not as much anymore tho. . . . . i have never heard of Napalm death ^^;;. . .and never really got into cannibal corpse, i think they are one of my friends favorite bands tho.

3. + annovachan +

+ annovachan + New Member

Morbid Angel is a wonderful band. Chapel Of Ghouls is such a kickass song. Decide is good. I haven't heard their new album though. Napalm Death is soo good. Their singer "Barney" played with Dream Theater. I have it on tape. It is funny. They play "Damage INC." by Metallica. Check out the album "Fear Emptiness Despair" for some phenomenal grindcore. Opeth is such a good death metal band but they also have folk acoustic moments and absolutely fabulous clean singing. Cynic is also a great band. They combine Death Metal and Jazz to make such a unique experience. Sean Malone is their bassist and he is a god. Lastly, you HAVE to check out Death. They aren't around anymore due to the fact that their main singer-guitarist/song writer/band leader died of a brain tumor in December of 2001. All the members in that band are top notch :blush2: Check out the following albums by Death: "Human" "Sound of Perserverance" and "Individual Thought Patterns"
    Godly.

Steben :catgirl:

4. Angel from hell

... Ive heard that cannibal corpse were actually in one of the Ace ventura movies... didnt quite remember all the details for i was
    *Drum role*
    Drunk ^_^'
    & earlier i mentioned that KaZaA isnt helpfull on definations... & upon that they proved me right again when i downloaded a deicide song last night... they called it blues... o.0... >_<'
    & i get ever more excitied upon me going to Wacken festival in germany specially when you have a line up like This

p.s; may have to actually scroll down & click "Confirmed bands" it has one of those pernicaty web things ¬¬

5. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

O.O!!!

I want to go!!! but all the way in germany ;.; . . . . too far to walk . . :sweat2:
    I Wish they had such sweet tours in the U.S. . . . .-_-

man. . .thunderstone, Raunchy, Motorhead, Hypocrisy, Helloween, grave digger, death angel, arch enemy, mayhem, Deicide. . .damn. . . . They have the best bands going! God, who wouldnt be excited?! Have they always had such a sweet line up?

XD Deicide. . .blues ^o^

*cries* i want to go! :sad: :sweat2:

6. Meshuggah

Meshuggah New Member

They were in the the first Ace Ventura Movie, the song played at the bar (I think that is where it is at least) is called Hammer Smashed Face.

All Death Metal does not sing about only death, gore, and satan. Bands like Death, Cynic, Opeth, Atheist sing about other things besides the standard death metal lyrics. They sing about science, religon, and life. Actually Opeth writes some beautiful concept albums (My Ams Your Hearse, Still Life). But then again you have bands like Decide, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, while being awesome bands musically, they have some pretty immature lyrics. It is not like you can understand them anyways. You'd need the booklet infront of you to understand them. (I'm not dissing death metal vocals I love how the sound :anime: )

7. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Ach, very nice double post.

There is an edit button. Oi.

And I don't think anyone said that black metal was just gore and satan.

8. Meshuggah

Meshuggah New Member

Don't try to sound smart I said DEATH metal. Two distinctly different genres. Black metal has more bands that worship Satan than any other metal genre. Black metal usually doesn't sing violent deathly lyrics. DEATH metal does.

unfortunatly Abominable metal sings about the most grotesque things imaginable.

By the way...

What are you favorite songs/albums by the following bands...

Morid Angel
    Napalm Death
    Cannibal Corpse

9. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

um. . . he was pointing out that no one said that black metal or death metal was only about those subjects. Anyone could clearly see what he was trying to say, even if he did just say black metal, but the whole thread is about Black and death metal so why get into specifics? And if you want to be. . . No one said that Death metal OR Black metal was just about satanic things and gore.

i dont think he was being smart. . .if any one was being smart i would say it was you.

10. Meshuggah

Meshuggah New Member

Satan Gore Death Killing=Death Metal. My fault though I forgot to quote you too.

And I know there are exceptions, Opeth Cynic, Death and numerous others. I stated it in another post. I was annoyed by the "there is an edit button" I know there is one, that is why I said don't be smart. I wasn't refering to the lyrics, just the fact that he assumes I don't know that there is an edit section. I just didn't think that the posts fit together thats all. There was no reason to jump down my throat. I can understand where you're coming from thought I shouldn't have been to agressive. Sorry.

11. + annovachan +

EVERYONE STOP ARGUING.

lets all go back to the cozy warmth of heavy, headbanging, melodic metal; like this thread was intended for.

12. Novus

Novus Gone

Who would have thought a discussion of death metal would turn ... deadly?

13. Meshuggah

Meshuggah New Member

hahah good one :anime:

14. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Sorry. . . I didnt really mean to jump at you there. No hard feelings. . .but just for the record. . .i said ussually, not only. . .but what ever. ^^;;
    *shakes hand*

Yes nice one Novus! XD ^o^

15. Angel from hell

Hmmm... dont usually focus on the lyrics for i kinda see it there trying to make you listen to the actual music... hence these "incomprehensable" lyrics, but tis just me. I always saw the difference as Black metal tends to involve Keyboards/synthesisors ^_^ Greengo no likey keyboards/synthesisors, again, just me.

_________

Anyways to shift aside that outburst that border lined these Nu metal genre folks (Angst... go figure) i'll start by answer the question;

Morbid angel... only really have Domination, rest d'loaded, bad me *Smacks wrist*

Napalm death... out of Utopia banished & Words from the exit wound... exit wound, damn shops

Cannibal corpse... Gallery of suicide

16. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

Nice job of making a relevant post, bub.

God it's fun to mock you.

As for favorite songs by those bands you mentioned....Morbid Angel - Blood on my hands is the name, if I'm not mistaken.
    And the other two....beh, haven't heard enough by them.

17. Meshuggah

Meshuggah New Member

Yeah I'm sorry *shakes hand* It is hard to convey emotion over the internet.
    No hard feelings

Anyways, what are everyone's favorite Death Metal and Black Metal bands?

Black Metal:

Emperor
    Dimmu Borgir
    Cradle of Filth
    Ulver
    Borknagar

Death Metal:

Morbid Angel
    Opeth
    Decide
    Death
    Cynic
    Atheist
    Cannibal Corpse
    Suffocation
    Green Carnation
    My Dying Bride
    Carcass
    Meshuggah

18. + annovachan +

im too tired to have any orginal thought, so....
    Dimmu Borgir
    CoF
    Opeth
    Morbid Angel
    sure, Death
    Napalm Death
    Err.....Meshuggah!!!

and, more, I'm sure.
    most if my favorite bands are in the Abominable metal genre.

But really people, do any of you LIKE Dani Filth's voice?
    i dont know; 's just a turn off for me.

19. Novus

Novus Gone

Due to a closed network and a complete lack of any decent music stores (or the cash to spend at them), my selection is very limited.
    Anyway, if I didn't say this earlier:
    At The Gates

20. Meshuggah

Meshuggah New Member

Dani Filth has an abomiable voice. Their music is damn good though.