Debate Bloom: Elf or Pirate?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by UFOtaku, Sep 7, 2003.

?

Pretty Self-Explanitory. Who did you think he played better?

1. I haven't seen both movies yet.

1 vote(s)
    3.2%
  2. Legolas!

20 vote(s)
    64.5%
  3. Turner!

6 vote(s)
    19.4%
  4. I don't really care.

4 vote(s)
    12.9%
  1. Fushigi Rockna

There's a reason why you're the only boy in this debate ya know. X)

yeah we care about acting, but right now we're discussing if he's hotter or cooler as a pirate or an elf, so quit spamming alreayd you party pooper! X) CAN'T WE HAVE A NICE FRIENDLY GIRL CHIT CHAT ABOUT HOTTNESS IN PEACE!? :p

2. Novus

Novus Gone

Sorry, but I believe in gender equality, and that there is more to a person than their physical appearance. Of course, if I'm going to be criticized for not being a sexist, hormonally-overloaded sort who actually CARES ABOUT AN ACTOR'S ABILITY TO ACT, then fine, I'll leave.

And for the record, the poll is entitled "which do you think he played better", not which movie does he look better in.

3. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

I agree, where's the talk of acting here? Not to say that Orlando isn't attractive, but is anyone going to continue the discussion of how he plays the characters? I have not seen EITHER of the movies mentioned, but I am interested in how well people think he acted in both.

Since it seems to be a chat about looks right now, I'm surprised no one's mentioned the film TROY yet (or, as I hear it's being called now, THE TROJAN WAR). Mr. Bloom is going to play the prince Paris Alexander in that one, and there are already many pictures of what he'll look like in character floating around the 'Net.

4. Athena

Athena Wisdom comes with Sadness

i voted for legolas he rocked as legolas!

5. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

haven't seen pirates yet, so can't honestly say. he was pretty ok for legolas. oro

and anyway, yes, stay on topic. fear my deletion powers from here on if it strays again. talking about acting in here, not hotness. jeez, take a shower or something.

6. Novus

Novus Gone

At the risk of offending anyone, did no one else think that he kind of "gayed up" Legolas too much? Him and Gimli are supposed to be FRIENDS, for crying out loud.

7. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

lol!! they amde fun od orlando on teh set of LOTR for being kind of a girly elf. I read it somewhere i forget tho. Yeah he did seem...kinda....girly but hardly gay. Just cause he doesn't ahvea love yet and has male companions to accompany him on quests that help their bonding does not make him gay...more like sensitive in a aiglry way. hehe. I thought he was delicate adn graceful and sensitive in LOTR but he was manly and charming, and whats teh word. dang i can't think of it. But hot will do for now loL^___^

8. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

I voted Legolas cause he actually did cool stuff in that movie, while in Pirates he was just standing around, fighting a couple of times (but Johnny got the better scenes) while in LOTR he may not have many lines, but he did kick some serious *** and he actually argued with Aragorn, and we need some conflict. :p

Oh and of his acting? well....hmm...i kinda have a blindspot for LOTR, and I think his character in Pirates was kinda of an idiot, I mean all he cared for was the stupid girl, how unoriginal can you get? But im not sure in which he acted better, i'll post again later...

9. bluefuzyslipper

bluefuzyslipper New Member

I agree with UFOtaku. Will did seem very fake. The only thing I didn't like about his role in LOTR is that I think he could have said more. But I do like him better with brown hair. As Legolas, I thought he was funny. Will just was kinda boring. I LOVED the part in the Two Towers when he said:
    Shall I describe it to you, or would you like me to fing you a box?
    :catgirl:

10. soundofsilence

soundofsilence New Member

I liked his performance in PotC better. His acting in LotR seemed a little stiff to me and not very natural. His action scenes were good though. In PotC, his performance, while still a little off, was much more energetic and enjoyable for the viewer. Plus, he and Depp played off each other very well.

What's with all this talk of Legolas being hot? Everyone knows that Gimli is the stud of LotR! :anime:

11. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

i like him as an elf! i think that Orlando bloom is so much more handsome when he is an elf, blonde hair and blue eyes suites him well, i also liked his character in Lord of the rings. Go Legolas!!!!!!!! :catgirl:

12. BotticelliLover

BotticelliLover New Member

I must admit, even though I like Orlando Bloom, I wouldn't call his acting in either movie stupendous. It may just that he didn't get the best parts. In the first LotR movie he barely talked, but in the other two I thought he did a lot better considering the fact he got to speak(some). Turner is just a too goody-goody character, and with Depp there it just makes him look silly.

So, I chose Legolas, because I liked the character more(and he's much prettier :anime: ).

13. Kagome's Arrow

Kagome's Arrow Princess of Unicorns

I chose that I don't really care because, well, I don't. Truthfully I don't get what the big hype over Orlando Bloom is all about, almost everyone I know is totally suckered into it. He's just a guy, a taken guy at that, and he probably wouldn't give any of us the time of day.

But in terms of acting and not "hotness" I'd have to say he did better in LOTR. As previously stated by UFOtaku, he seemed a bit fake as Will Turner. And (also as stated by BoticelliLover) with Depp there, it just seemed sort of silly. I liked his acting in LOTR, so I'd have to go with that one.

14. Paranoid Trooper

Paranoid Trooper Reanimator

Okay, so he was better as an elf, so what? He was close by as a pirate, though...