Recreation Body Modification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lady Shadow-san, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Lady Shadow-san

Lady Shadow-san New Member

Do you have any peircings, tattoos or anything of the sort? Have you modified your body in any way (this can mean a peircing, tattoo all the way up to some kind of surgery.)
    What do you have?

I have 3 earrings in each ear and I just got my belly button peirced. It's pretty. I'm planning to get a tattoo(s) soon. I plan to get a celtic cross on the small of my back first and then get more if I want to. ^^;;

Tell all!

2. Kamui

Kamui X//1999... best anime eva

Well... I dont have any of the sort and never plan to...

3. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

1. Unnecessary pain when getting it pierced, tatooed etc

2. It's expensive

3. Usually ridiculous, e.g getting your tongue pierced, I just can't see how one is going to live with that :confused:

4. In my honest opinion, too many of them is plain repulsive. Ear rings are ok though. Anything else is a 'NO'

4. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Don't have any though it'd be nice to. Always though about getting my eyebrow pierced, and maybe getting a tattoo like my brother has (a black sun on his arm).

5. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

I want that!! Just like that singer in Evansence :p If there was only a place to do so, sniff..

But I have my ears pierced as all the girls here, thats all :p

6. Lady Shadow-san

~~~~~~~~~
    Actually, I find that piercings don't hurt at all. When I got my belly pierced, I thought it was gonna hurt like a *****! But when the needle went through, I didn't feel much. The only problem is, they swell the next day and that hurts.

~~~~~~~~
    True, Shen, body modification is expensive, but in a sense well worth it. As long as they wash their hands, put on gloves, use a clean needle and work in a very sterile place, I consider the piercing well worth the money.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    Some peircings are ridiculous, yes. I don't plan to go over the top. To each their own.

~~~~~~~~~
    I don't think belly rings are repulsive. I think a big nose piercing is repulsive. There is a very fine line between beautiful and strange, and just plain gross.

7. Dr. Nick Rivera

Dr. Nick Rivera New Member

i would want some earings and a few tatoos(not too big). But that will be in like 4 years, so, i've got a while to go. i think that tongue/lip rings are really unattractive and annoying.

8. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I could use a little "body modification",if you know what I mean.;) :p

P.S. I love your custom title,Nick Rivera.I heard Katey Couric was supposed to gueststar tonight. :p

9. Shen

Shen Indefinately away

Heh, I was referring more to tattoos. Ouch!
    -------------------------------------------------
    Still doesn't convince me (never will muwahahaha), I'm better off getting a mp3 player. Well as long as you're happy, then be it
    Well I'm glad you know your limits. Don't be a fool, stay cool ;)
    I guess belly piercing isn't too bad.

10. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

i have my ears done. I gave up on the idea of eye brows, tongues and belly. I do want a tatoo. i want one. It would be a heart with a dagger going in it. Blood dripping from the end. I have not deceided weither i want barb wire around it or not. But i do have a pick once i get a scanner again ill post it :D

11. Quistis

Quistis New Member

Yes I saw it, it is very cool :)

I have my ears done and a tatto well I have always wanted a follower on my ankle but I dont think it will ever happen. If I was to loss weight I may get my belly button peirced

12. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I have a piercing in my left ear. It really didn't hurt as much as it sounds.

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I'm not a fan of "modifications" just because it's one of those "if-you-were-meant-to-have-it-you'd-be-born-that-way" sort of things. But that's my opinion, and I'm not here to sway anyone otherwise. It's your body, so you do what you will.

The biggest thing about such modifications is that they're pretty much permanent. If you rashly tatoo your currently favorite band on your arm, if you happen to end up disliking them down the road, too bad. If you mess up your plastic surgery, you can try again and again until you look like Skeletor, but it's possible you may never get back to where you were before. You pierce your tongue, and it's likely to do something to way things taste (actually, someone from the tongue crowd prove/disprove this - I'm curious).

In other words, I'm not about ready to turn my skin into a canvas or a pegboard anytime soon.

14. Amarhyllis

Amarhyllis New Member

I never heard of anyone calling it "modifications" but I do want piercings!!!
    I want my ears pierced (but too sensitive so no-go
    I want my lower lip pierced (momma would kill me)
    I want my eyebrow pierced (they'd kill me)
    I want a nose ring too!! (damn...can't have that either)
    I want to be pierced up but I'm too afraid of the pain and when I move out the house then maybe I'll consider it. But I AM getting a tattoo for my 18th birthday!! Small angel wings on my shoulder blades!! (maybe I wont pass out from the pain j/k)

15. Mad_Hamish

Mad_Hamish New Member

I've never wanted any piercings of any kind, but I've always wanted tattoos.
    I'm forever coming up with tattoo ideas and skectchs. But I've never gotten one done. If there's a little bit of doubt I won't get it done. I don't want something I'll regret.
    One of these days I'll come up with something I like.
    Large tattoo's too. I hate small ones.

16. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

i am getting a earing pretty soon, it's just going to be a plain ring, nothing gawky.

i will probably not get a tattoo but if i do it will probably a design or something, not a picture.

17. Lady Shadow-san

A WHAT THROUGH YOUR WHAT!?!?

Er... what's a conch? I sure hope you didn't mean Crotch.
    I personally want to get some more rings in my upper ears, near the cartilege(sp?). I have to wait a year before I can legally go by myself. Until them I need mum's permission. GRRR. I wonder what it would be like to get your nipples pierced...I've thought about doing that...:shy3:
    My belly button was painless, I wonder if nipples are painless. :sweat2:

18. Paper

Paper New Member

If I'm not wrong, the conch is the part of your ear inside... you know, the hardish boney part? I'm not sure though... but if I'm right... that sounds crazy painful... I cringed when I read the post >< 2.4... do you mean milimeters or am I off?

I only have my earlobes done... not planning on much more either :p