Recreation Body Modification

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lady Shadow-san, Jul 27, 2003.

1. Lady Shadow-san

Lady Shadow-san New Member

OUCH. That's why I don't get anything large. My belly ring is kinda big though, it's a 2mm.
    I once had my conch done but removed it and forgot about it... -_-;;
    It's healed now, so I'm gonna get it done again... I think I'll get 2 in each. I find it didn't hurt at all when I did it... it really didn't hurt when I got the belly button through.

Yes, I know I am 15. The law states I can get piercings on my own (legally) at age 16. Otherwise I require perental permission. The place where I got my belly pierced had a board with all the piercings they could do, and a big sign that said "MUST BE 16 TO AQUIRE PIERCINGS WITHOUT PARENTAL PERMISSION."
    Yeah... Hmmm... what are the laws in Ireland?
    I think laws are different everywhere. If I want a tattoo, I have to be 18 or have parental consent. And I agree with that one. I think once you're 16 you should have enough common sense to think "Hmm, should I get my lips pierced or not?", but tattoos are permanant.

Once my friend told me he met this girl who had *3* (YES, THREE!!) Blink 182 Tattoos. Bloody stupid. I sure hope she was over 18, becuase she had the common sense of a cucumber when she got those.

2. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

Right now i don't want any other peircings then teh ones i have. and thats my ears^_^ but maybe a few years ago i would have wnated to get my eyebrow peirced...my friends say i would look good if i got my belly button peirced since my shirts are pretty high sometimes...but never! lol i heard it hurts like heck...plus my parents would kill me heh

3. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

-Each ear is pierced twice,
    -one has one on top (which is a fake piercing),
    -my nose was pierced on the left side,
    -I've had surgery twice on my lip,
    -Once I got bored and pierced the extra skin between my thumb and forefinger
    -Once my friend got bored, so I pierced her lips together
    -I stick needles in my hands and stuff to scare people all the time
    -I got stiches on both eyebrows, the left one twice

And... I think that migth be it, though I'm prolly forgetting a few things. I'm not afraid of needles at all, but as far as tatoos, I'd have to say no...

4. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

the only things my parents will allow is a tatoo...wow Doa thats alot. I am not afraid of needles but needles in my hand...ack...lol...but i definately might want a tatoo. Maybe of a crescent moon or a kanji character on my lower back or my hip^_^

5. Lady Shadow-san

Well excuse me for not knowng the bloody name. I don't know the terms used to the peircing areas. I simply know *the lobe*. (I am a baka when it comes to that, I guess. Whoo-hoo for me!)

I did indeed have it done, and at the time I had very, very long hair. One day I took out the stud *it was actually a small one. I got a tiny stud in there!* and then, about a week or two later, I was checking out my other rings and I noticed I didn't have one ring in. When I went to put it back it, it wouldn't go in.

My peircings heal VERY quickly. -_-;;

Well, that was a smart idea. :rolleyes: You know it's pretty dangerous to do things that like, and there are veins in there. It's cool to experiment with peircings, but be careful.

You peirced your friends' lips together!?! I'm sorry but that's irresponsible and really dangerous. I don't wanna think about how badly that could have turned out.

6. Odango_rose

Odango_rose New Member

I really want my belly button peirced. but, my dad wouldn't ever let me do that. I don't know why cause my mom said it was ok.

I want a tatoo to, but nothing girlie since about every girl who gets a tatoo has a butterfly or a heart. some **** like that.

7. kyrie

kyrie New Member

I have 2 peircings in the lobes of each ear. I used to have one up top but it grew in. uh...I had my adnoids taken out...And do cavitys count? I've had 2 of those.

8. Lady Shadow-san

Who cares what your dad says? My dad didn't want mine done either, but I went with my mum and got it done anyway. ^_^
    He found out a while ago... he freaked. :sweat:

Ahh, tattoos... Girlie tattoos, I must say, I the WORST to get. Dolphins, hearts, ect. look nice at first but you regret it down the road. Get something beautiful and complex, that's the way to go (at least for me, anyway.) but don't get your entire back or all of your arms tattooed, becuase it takes away from the beauty.

9. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

I have my ear pierced. I am going to get my tounge done when I can drive ( mom's rule)
    I got moles removed when I was tested for skin cancer. So I guess I got modified then also..?

10. me_dreaming_zzz

me_dreaming_zzz ¯\(º_o)/¯

oh, i just have my ears pierced, thats about it.

11. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Im not one who preffers body modifications such as tattoes. Why!? Because those stupid things cost a lot and when you're older, you'll probably end up feeling stupid about getting one. You probably dont even like what it says on it anymore though.
    I never thought those things looks good. Neither do body piercings or tounge rings. Im just not aquainted to that kind of stuff.

-Kaiyon

12. Jedimdo

Jedimdo New Member

Nothing, nothing at all. Neither earings nor tattoos. Even if it is not considered stupid, I won't do anything like this. I don't know, I find that repulsive (and a bit stupid too).

13. Kain

Kain Plaything of Doom

At the moment i'm still young and stupit and i want a tattoo, but it looks painful and i don't like needles.

14. ~ruby_zeal~

~ruby_zeal~ New Member

i only have my ears pierced. im afraid to get any where else pierced. and i hate tattoos, im scared of needles and most of the ones ive seen are ugly

15. Kaiyon

Kaiyon Grim Reaper

Hope it stays that way....except for the stupid part....KEEP THINKING THEY'RE PAINFULL AND DONT GET EM!

-K

16. Nightmare

Nightmare Chaos Rules

Hehe dont be afraid to get anywere else pierced truth is im plannin to get a tattoo because im going to have it done by somone i trust but i have to wait tell im eighteen its gonna be phonix rising from the ground gonna hurt like heck but hey so does piercings but im not a fan on that i only think girls should do that its great if done right

17. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Look back, at the last post of the first page of this thread. I agree completely with what BakaMattSu says. All of those piercings just make me shudder. And, it doesn't look nearly as cool as the people who did think it does. It's just... ugh.

And I pretty much agree with most people about tattoos, sure, it's a way to express yourself, but they hurt (I've heard), and opinions change.

Basically, I'm what you'd call a 'naturalist'. I don't even like it when people use make-up. It's like saying "I'm uncomfortable with who I am and how I look, and I need to use all sorts of products in order to look good."

Basically, doing any of these is, to me, an admission that you're uncomfortable with yourself. An admission that you don't think enough of yourself to trust your own natural beauty.

18. KaYasha

KaYasha I'm Boelak Yrubron

When people get tattoos there more or less permant unless they get it covered wich doesn't work a 100% of the time. Not all old people look back on tattoos and sigh, my grandma who is 60 now got one 2 years ago and still likes it. She had an American flag done on her ankle. My mom has some tattoos on her ankle and she doesn't want them anymore. I guess it just depends on the person and what they got. ( Also my mom says they over power her shoes.)
    Piercings are not permant unless you get those really big holes in your ears where when you take them out you have to get plastice surgery to get the holes back toghther. If you have you ears pierced. You can just take them out, it isn't that noticable. Same with nose and other parts of your body. When you get your tounge pierced you can hardly tell it is done on a person. Unless you just stare at there mouth for a long amount of time.

I want my tounge done, if I get sick of it all I have to do is take it out and it is done with. Same goes with my ear.
    I don't know if I would ever want a tattoo knowing my self I would get sick of it.
    Also I would want a nose job.