Art CHALLENGE!! who can draw the coolest samurai scene!?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Type0, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Type0

Type0 New Member

I challenge u guys to draw one action scene which involves samurai. Draw preferably a fight or someone getting sliced up etc. :D Lets see who can do the coolest pic! I myself will post a pic wen i finish

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

3. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

KO... I forfeit.. I've been beaten like a sick dog.. Christable wins

4. Amon

Amon New Member

Amen, I've just lost all hope and will to even continue drawing now. :p Thanks a lot.

5. Type0

Type0 New Member

ppssh u aint seen nothin...:p

6. Christabel

Christabel New Member

7. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

not entirely original? hmmm got hopes now

8. Christabel

Christabel New Member

it not original AT ALL. If you have the rk manga you would know what I mean. Basically I just draw out from there. But it really does help me improve in my art. ^^

9. Type0

Type0 New Member

heres one of my attempts, youl have to imagen the writing isnt at the top, its just i did this on the back og my art book. The samurai in the wind , and is in a field of long grass wipeing the blood off his sword :D

edit:SORRY FORGOT TO ADD ATACHMENT, MY BAD! :p

Attached Files:

10. Lucifer

Lucifer New Member

Id have to say i like Christabel drawing better then Type0, i don't mean to say that Type0's drawing is bad not at all. Just when i look at both id say Christabel's is better that's my thought.

11. Furi_Kuri

Furi_Kuri New Member

well you carnt really comper them i mean no offense Christabel i mean that is a good drawing but if its not completely original you are relying on another artists ideas.

so although the actual drawing might be better it wouldnt necessarily be better if it was off the top of her head.

so i would say i prefer Type0's sketch :D but then again im not completely impartial

12. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

Who cares if it is based off of some one elses drawing....both drawing are impressive and I appluade both of you for such great work...Lets see others hum??

Misao

13. Christabel

Christabel New Member

well I really like Type0's piece. It's very detailed, on the clothing I mean. :D

14. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

Hmmm....

I like both since both are good, but i guess Typo0 is better since I can do Christabel's pic too if i had the manga page and really really concentrated :p

15. Type0

Type0 New Member

o.k im the most bias here but im afraid mine is better :p . As an artist it is far more easy to draw something from reference or just by copying from a page or whatever. Im not saying i dont take reference from things because i do, but i re-invent or add my own twists to things i take reference from. It is far more easy to copy then to pull an idea out of your head and express it on paper - as my esteemed Colleague furi kuri said :p . On top of that id still say mine is better, i would argue mine is more dark moody and atsmospheric, and kinda dramatic with the wind blowing as he cleans his sword. Christabels lacks any real atmosphere or kind of vibe, its just a plain pencil drawing and lacks anything special. That said i commend him for his detail and crisp lines, and the way he captures the explosion so well ,its a good drawing :D

16. Christabel

Christabel New Member

yo Type0 I'm a she not he. But I agree with you that drawing an original piece it definitely more difficult. I would never be able to draw that well myself, likewise with yours too coz I love the shading and the clothing lines. It's very good and I have a long way to go to get that good. Anyway, I think to be fair I'm gonna submit in my original one, I'll see if I can draw one today and submit it later on.

17. Type0

Type0 New Member

Sorry bout the gender mix up, - my bad :p . Id like to see an original peice by you because youve obviously got the talent, and i like the competion,keep it up :D

18. Amon

Amon New Member

Actually, I find that drawing something from a picture more difficult than an original; an original, you have something set in your mind and you only draw as well as you believe you personally can on your own, while when drawing from a picture, you owe it to the original artist to be perfect and treat their creations in every manner by successfully getting every little detail, as insignificant as it might be.

At least, that's my mind-set. :) S'all really opinion. I still find Christabel's better. Good job, both of you.

19. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

Cristabel's drawing is amazing.

Cristabel wins:)

20. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

smell....smellll...
    i can smell the word samurai!!.........count me IN^_0