Art CHALLENGE!! who can draw the coolest samurai scene!?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Type0, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Christabel

Christabel New Member

2. Type0

Type0 New Member

Amon im sorry id have to disagrea with you, though i do kind of agree with you in that if your very good at drawing then its easier to make up spmething than copy, because you can just nail your ideas straight. I wouldnt say your viewapplys so well to less acomplished drawers. But we all have different opinions, i think christabel has proven my argument correct as his latest picture isnt as good as the previous, admitably it was done in 15 minutes. Christabel, i think that is dope what youve accomplished, id say thats more stylish than the previous picture in terms of action.( a kind of slice,....nothing happens for few seconds...then pppssh the blood squirts out :d.....SLICK! Id like to see what you could do in hour or so!!

3. Christabel

Christabel New Member

LOL Type0 you're still mistaking me for a he. It's a stupid art really, I just wanna submit one coz I kinda promised one, that's all. hey I need you ppl to comment on my pic, esp the one in the other thread. ok sorry, shouldn't bring it here. I'll see if I can spare an hour or so to do a better one tomorrow. Where is everybody? There's soooo many great artists in this forum but nobody is posting??? :(

4. Amon

Amon New Member

Just as a little note, an obnoxious artist who doesn't respect the beliefs and opinions of others is never a good thing. :)

Anyway, after seeing Christabel's new picture that was posted in this little thread, I still have to cast my vote for him. :) I would post my attempt, but I'm not much of an artist any more (I just outright suck any more, hehehe) and I'm working on another project currently.

But, Hell, we'll see what happens? :) I'm on a crappy school computer right now, but when I get home I'll post more comments.

5. Furi_Kuri

Furi_Kuri New Member

I like the 2nd christebel post I agree with Type0 the style is very sweet I got an idea why don’t you do a similar one and have it focused on the guy who’s just done the slashing and have the one in the background shaded in?

You know what I mean?? like with just a silhouette I recon that would look mega cool and mega stylish

6. Type0

Type0 New Member

sorry , sorry n sorry again (smacks head against keybored) plz dont take offence its just my s**t memory :p . O.k comments. Your first pic was very good in terms of a sound drawing, there were no mistakes , except maybe his feet were a little to small, but i think im just being very nit picky, anyways, thats hardly the crucial part of the pic :D, what i would work on is maybe more defined shading, like maybe doing block shading, like they do in anime, it kinda adds more defintion and boldness to the picture. I dont really make lots of critisms because you might be trying to accomplish a certain syle, if u picked out stuff u want to improve on it makes it easier Also maybe use a softer pencil to define more bits. You seem to be confident with perspective and you definately have a certain style to your work as ive seen in your 2nd pic. I think i can give u a better critique once you have submitted your best peice:D . Im looking forward to a very sweet pic from u :D .....dont feel pressure :p (

7. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

My picture shall bring a revolution to this tread... As soon as i sketched it out, ok?

8. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Viva la revolucion! :cool: I might join in too in a few days (cuz I'm swamped with work). But don't expect much from me, cuz I've never done action drawings before.

9. Baphijmm

Baphijmm Kunlun Knight

I will definitely be in on this, I just gotta find the time. No, I really don't have much skill, but hey, every contest needs a random, not-too-good example to go by!

10. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

I present you, the Drunken Samurai...
    I made this according to the fact people can only think of blood and cool stances and the all-round "anime ninja-slash" as it's often called....
    So I brought this item to a new dimension...
    It's sketchy, stupid, and the logic is missing, so here's Drunken Samurai...

*note* I can do MUCH better than this...

Attached Files:

11. Angel of Light

Angel of Light New Member

ooo! i love it, its soo cute! :p

12. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

ADORABLE, Supa! XD

I'm gonna give this a shot, given the chance, so just wait till I get off ma lazy butt.

13. Furi_Kuri

Furi_Kuri New Member

wow very very nice picture i mean i wouldnt say its the best cos of the difference in style, but for the style you HAVE done it in amazing. :D

14. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

yeah.. superfly that's cool looking ^^;
    but he want's violence :p
    but I LIKE that one

15. Type0

Type0 New Member

hey nice pick man. Like the cartoony style, its sweet. Your point is valid bout the amount of blood etc. n u just showed you can still draw an awesome pic without it!Now in absense of the blood n guts im gonna have to post this to make up for it ..., enjoy guys :D :p

Attached Files:

16. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

hmmm
    It's OK, a bit messy, but looks cool.

I can do something like that :p
    working on it

17. Type0

Type0 New Member

messy :p was trying to go for "artistic" :rolleyes:

18. Christabel

Christabel New Member

Superfly I love your pic!!! So cute!!! :D
    oooo Type0 yours is a little too violence for my liking. I didn't even want to take a good look at it. Anyway, it's pretty cool.

19. nukita

nukita New Member

Awsome pic Type0. The blood and shadows really gives it depth . I love it!! How long did it take to finish?

20. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

Hehe, i really like your pic Superfly, cartoonish style is the best!:D

looking forward to your pic Child of Sin!:D