Current Affairs Chinese Male Population

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by User18, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Didn't they relax it to a two child policy to encourage female children?

I'm hoping that matters improve there. It's too bad that people resort to killing/abandoning their own daughters just so they can have males.
    Sorry, I had to say it.

2. Fudge_Monkeys

Fudge_Monkeys www.boards.jp

I Heard that Indonesia will pass China in Population

3. Fudge_Monkeys

No no Indonesia is a place but u could say its india go to google and type indonesia ull see tat its a place look up teh birthrates for china and indonesia

4. Reisti Skalchaste

We know Indonesia exists, but India has a much higher population than Indonesia.

18, I'm pretty sure that's what it is. I don't have any sources, though. I remember my teacher telling us something about that when I was still in high school.

5. Fudge_Monkeys

Go to google and type population for India and Indonesia
    Indonesia:241,973,879
    India: 1,080,264,388 (Oh damn YOu were Right)
    China:1,306,313,812 (Not that Far Off
    Oh i screwed up INDIA is almsot passing China

6. Reisti Skalchaste

Research is a good thing. :)

7. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

It's a question about living out in the farms, that's the reason why chinese tend to choose to have boys instead of girls. And if you decide to kill a child, a bullet into your neck will be given by the chinese law :)

Back to topic, China has had it's one child policy for a quiet a time now, and it's been working since then. This is coming from a native born mainland Chinese, if you are going to question. Currently, some cities are lifting the one child policy for awhile. Quiet frankly, Shanghai, a city with 12 million people, are on a "test" period of lifting the one child policy.

What decides if it's a girl or boy is inside the genes, not what the parents want.

8. Reisti Skalchaste

I'm willing to bet that a lot of people try to find ways around that.

:p I know that. But then there are those who try to get around it, right? I'm sure they've tried very hard to stop that, but I can almost guarantee that some people still do "things" so they can try again. :(

It's good to hear that they're working on methods to solve this problem though. It's not a good thing.

9. Teddz

Welcome to the country side of China.

10. Fudge_Monkeys

Meh Make More Citys in china yes that will resolve everything hopefully? anyways why do Chinese have so many Children

Civil War! That will Kill Many BUt make many sad

Hey Teddz are u Mandrian or Cantonese?

11. Teddz

Culture revolution during the 1950s. Chairman Mao said that the road for a bright future is to expand the country, and it's people.

Mandarin

I will not comment on that.

- Teddz

12. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

I remember studying over population in my Global Issues class no too long ago.

I took to the idea that the law does have a positive outcome, the population is lowering. But the outcomes because of the law are horrid.

In my opinion, I think that the Chinese government should get more involved in the matter of education, as well. Protected sex and woman's rights...things of that nature.

And try to enforce more laws on Child protection/rights, to help prevent/stop the murdering of infants, especially females.

This is an issue that I think is extremely hard to express myself on.

If I am thinking right; India has no population laws. They are going about using education as a solution. I'm not sure, but didn't they once try the same thing China did with a child limit? But it went under after a little bit and they thought it would be for the better if they got rid of it?

13. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

Well, if in the future they do run out of female mates, what's going to happen? Maybe the population will decrease? Either that or the men will have to find some alternative, like possibly women from another country?

I agree with Jaken- we should be sending out Planned Parenthood or someone out there and be teaching them about birth control. I seriously think it would help. But it wouldn't stop them from having females, now would it?
    Nothing is going the change the fact that they just don't want females, but still want to keep having kids.

1 person likes this.
  14. Reisti Skalchaste

That's what they need to learn. It's not so much birth control, as it is teaching them to view females as equal to males. I can understand farmers wanting males more, because they can help with the farmwork, but if they could be taught to value female children as highly as male, then wouldn't that more or less solve the problem?

15. Yasuko

Yes! But I think that's a harder thing to do- with birth control, you merely need to teach them, hand out condoms, etc. They'll go along with it. But trying to prove to them that females are equal to males, (and can do farm work just as well,) isn't going to be easy. They aren't just going to automatically agree. Their minds are so set in that stereotypical way of thinking... will they ever understand? Look how long it took America to realize women suffrage, and gain equal outlooks on one another.

16. Reisti Skalchaste

I don't think Birth Control is even necessary. Most abide by the one-child policy, right?

I believe it is indeed, their view on females that need to change to solve this problem. But China is a very traditional country, correct? It's history goes back thousands of years, and tradition is very important. Am I wrong?

I think it would be much more difficult for the females to gain equality in China than in the west.

Hehe, maybe one day China will be like Terra II. :p

17. Yasuko

Terra II? Zat @_@?
    And yeah, but there is actually a lot of cases when they have a second child, and end up doing something drastic to it. Or get it taken away.

18. Reisti Skalchaste

Terra II... Saber Marionette J? World with only men? T_T

Well, in those cases, yes, birth control is a good thing. But the bigger problem is, of course, the lack of females, correct? That's what needs attention more, I think.