Current Affairs Chinese Male Population

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by User18, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

People listen. It's not the entire majority population of china want male children, that kind of thoughts were back in the past war time China. You actually believe that people tend to kill children in my home country? Sure, there are ****ed up people in China, but not everyone is like that. The women are a dominant force in both work and family. The equality issue is as big as any western country.

The fact is, the goverment is trying to force the country to upheld the birth control issue for a short time, thous to breed (sounds weird) more female children, and to see if the control is necessary.

- Teddz

2. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Whoo, not "tend to kill". I learned at one time that some people did, and that it was a problem, but...

I can't say our media or schooling isn't biased, though. They only mention the bad news these days. "Oh, this guy died" "Somebody killed a baby" "Accident, 56 dead" etc.

Anyway, it's obvious you know more about your own country than I ever will, so I'm just going to stop here. I don't want to accidentally offend you somehow, (as it seems I already have) so I'm just going to stop.

Although I think part of it is that my knowledge is steeped in the past. When I learned about China, I think 5 or 6 years ago, I don't think they said much about the changes that are taking place. Also some hadn't been made yet. Anyway, I'll back out here.

3. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I believe China should deal with their own issues, it's good for us Europeans and Americans to know what is going on in China, but I see no reason for Americans to jump into their business to discuss birth control. Yet, I also don't believe the world is becoming so overly populated that it will explode either. We just need to take care of the Earth, recycle, but as well, look after it's people. Each country has it's own issues, America has tons. I think many people in many countries are ****ed up, of course mine is included in that. I believe the act of abortion is killing a child, doesn't matter if the child is a few inches out of a mother's skin or not; And it sounds like in China it's happening more frequently, but I know some people who have been able to adopt gorgeous Chinese baby girls.