Art Cool tattoo's!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by KaMeKaZi, Apr 7, 2002.

1. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

The ying yang blue/red dragon sounds cool.

Hmmm tatoos, very interesting stuff, my neighbor wants to become a tatoo artist. There are two things that me and other kids in art class talk about when it comes to tatoos. One, why do people get japanese letters for tatoos? For all you know it says "powder boy". But Japanese characters look cool none the less. :) The other thing is using your own drawing for a tatoo, I myself, and many others could never make our own tatoo, or anyone elses. Sure it may look good now, but looking back two months you say: "Wow, was I really that bad?" We are always improving our stuff, so to mark yourself with your own oldschool stuff seems a bit crazy eh? Anyways, those are the tatoo conversations I've had many times. We seem to always talk about the same things. :glazed:

2. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

The Japanese characters are cool because its different.. people will see it and say.. whats that mean.. more like a conversation peace on your body..

but ive been thinking more and more about the Ying Yang Dragons.. Or an Anvil and Hammer.. Because I work with Metal all day.. Still debating..

KaMe

3. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

I know, you should get a huge one on your chest, of Satan. Holding a skull. With wings, and on fire. And it should look all evil. Yeah. And covering your back, a giant eagle. With bloody talons. Killing a zombie. That'd be so cool.
    Eh, what's this about biker's tattoos being cheesey?

4. Holly Jolly

Holly Jolly New Member

Oh man...you probably just offended all the biker people on the forum. Hellsangels are going to be all over your back. ;)

5. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Did you Know I own a motor cycle so i did not offend Myself!

And as for the hells angels.. well i will say clear of them!

KaMe

6. rei

rei New Member

i personally think tatoos are sexy.. not all of them of course. i mean the symbolic ones that express something deeper than ink drivin into skin by a needle.. im personally going to start getting mine soon, the first of which will be my family tatoo, which is a cross on my hip.. i suppose the tatooing that bothers me the most is the girly butterfly on the ankle.. no though put into it, there are a million blondes branded in this generic way.. blah.. ok im rambling ill stop..

*heart* rei

7. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

What does a cross have to do with your family may i ask out of curiousity??

And My Lion tattoo is not because i though WOW thats COOl.. its means something more to me then Just the lion.. But i wont go into it...

Ive been wanting my Zodiac tattoo as well not sure if I want the Actual symbol or some other version of it!..

KaMe

8. rei

rei New Member

well what makes it a family tatoo is my brother and father are also getting it, and the art belong to my grandfather.. so i guess that makes it family..
    i was going to get a tatoo somewhat reflecting my zodaic sign.. im a peices[sic] but i dont want fish on me.. they scare me.. so i was going to get a big mermaid on my back.. but that ones not happening as of now.. i dunno what i want to do with my back.. but i want something powerful, in a symbolic way and unique.. kinda like your lion i guess, but just a little more over dramatic.. like broken wings or something.. whatever it is im going to keep the idea for a year before i get anything to make sure i want it..
    im also for sure getting a symbol for snow though.. but that will be alot later.. im sure i should like a freak now, for being all up on tatoos and such..

*heart* rei

9. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

I thought about geting this for a tattoo or something like it!

Attached Files:

10. rei

rei New Member

thats a nice piece of work.. i love flash when its not all colorful.. would you get that exact one? or would it be the same concept but an origanal?

11. Meaikoh

Meaikoh See you later, Moderator

hmm. Well, the whole Powder boy thing really makes you think, so that's why I'd definitely pick out my own, or draw my own. I'd probably pick something that fit me, but that I could hide easily, saw if I went out someplace important where they "pooh-poo" tattoos. I'd pick kanji for sure. My aunt has tattoos on her neck. One is pawprints and the other is some kanji! She's my favorite aunt! :)

Lol. I'd prolly pick the kanji for "Genki" or "courage" or anything that sums me up, or I'd pick a drawing that suited me.

I probably wouldn't get my zodiac...since it's a fish. Aquarius is a fish, right? Or I'd get my chinese zodiac, but I hafta figure out which one that is first.

Or else, I'd get an anime character that could be anyone, since your tastes change. Or I'd get Duo! ^^ ^^ ^^

But you should make the decision yourself, nobody can make it for you.

12. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Same concept but an original...

one of these days im going to draw my own..

KaME

13. rei

rei New Member

i think getting youre own art is the safest thing to do.. sorta.. cause if you put the work into it and put it on your body its all on you.. rather than a split second choice off the tatoo parlor wall or someones name..
    [does that make sense?]

*heart* rei

14. DrunkLeprachaun

DrunkLeprachaun Tetsu Oushi

Like I said before, I think that tattoo rules, and if you don't get it, I might. Tattoos I'd like to get would be a cow or an ox, because I was born in the year of the ox in the jyunishi, and I'ma taurus. It fits my personality well too. I'd also like to get the kanji of love and hate done on my hands, and the kanji of heart or sould on my chest. I'll probably get tattoos some day, but I think I'm a bit young yet.

15. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

aquarious is water..*^-^*
    i don't think i'd have a drawing of my own...prolly my zodiac if i were to do it...done up the way it is in tactics. i'm a geminii*^-^* so, it'd be an hourglass shape..i have a thing for clocks...don't mind me tho, id' be neat...or else a ship done up so that as i get older and start to wrinkle, it starts to sink..lol
    ---
    \ /
    / \
    ---

16. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

This Past weekend I met this girl who wanted to get a Stick man pushing a lawn mower down just below the belly button.. you know what i mean!

thats funny yet sluty!

KaMe

17. Kat

Kat New Member

Idea time

I think you should get the sign of the void tattooed on you, you know the sign on the guy's forehead from 3x3 eyes! It's the symbol that makes it so he cannot be killed or die. It's super cool and I'll find you a picture riiight now. I want to get a tattoo when I'm older too but I'm going to wait for five years to see if I still want it. I want to get two blue angel wings tattooed on my back, like on rinoa's shirt except you can get white tattooes, but oh well, blue would look good too.

Attached Files:

18. KaMeKaZi

KaMeKaZi Insanity$%#

Dont get angle wing tattoos on your back.. ive seen them and well they dont look very good..

KaMe

19. rei

rei New Member

i know angel wings often turn out reeeaaallly tacky and terrible looking, but ive also seen a few really beautiful ones. and anyway mine will be different, theyll look all pritty and normal at the top, then a little below my shoulder blades they'll be bashed off.. kinda in the fallen angel sense, i guess.. but theyll be very detailed.. thus very expensive.. so i might not get them for a long time, if at all.. ^_^ either way.. i like them..

*heart* rei

20. Kat

Kat New Member

Ya but..

I'll be designing the wings myself.. so I won't care if others think they look tacky, cause they'll be mine! And I AM going to wait five years and check out samples.. so we'll see what I think of it in that amount of time. What do you think of the picture too! The Sign of the Void one.