Outlaw Star Universe Crew of the Bebop Versus the Crew of the Outlaw Star?

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Reisti Skalchaste, Jul 5, 2004.

?

Who would win?

1. Outlaw Star and Crew

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Bebop and Crew

8 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

Simple, who would win? Spike and crew, or Gene and Crew?
    How about ships? Outlaw Star or Bebop?

2. Notason89

Notason89 New Member

Bebop vs OutLaw Star

If both shows were in the same Solar System, do you think that the Bebop would catch the OutLaw Star crew, I mean ithat would be one hell of a bounty. And can you see fight with Spike and Gene Starwind. And the Space fight with the OutLaw Star and Spike's Soward Fish, Faye's ship, and Jet's ship too.I mean just imagine it.So would Bebop crew catch thier OutLaw Star bounty.

1 person likes this.
  3. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

of course they would. i always thought the crew was inteligent, and with ed(the weirdest character on the show. creepy) theyd have the hacking ability to figure out where the outlaw star crew was~
    i have no real problems with outlaw star, but to me it was unoriginal and generic. coyboy bebop was always a favorite of mine for its originality and ingenuity. alot of the issues in the episodes wern't complicated, but in the movie, i thought that was an excellent strategy to stop a bio epidemic~

4. Sanyu

Sanyu Member

Haiiiii!!

Not that I know that much about OutLaw Star but one thing's for certain -
    Spike and the crew can win any battle and really kick, umm, they can kick butt!! So my vote is that The Bebop Crew definately WOULD capture their OutLaw Star Bountry!! ;P

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

im pretty sure Outlaw Star actually came out before Cowboy Bebop, but you are right, there wasnt as huge amount of originality to it. oh and remember, Jim Hawking is just as good a hacker as Ed so it be quite a match.

6. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel New Member

my opinion

it is my opinion that spike, jet, faye, ein, and ed would kick the outlaw star crews ***'s. its been a while since i saw outlaw star but i remember enough to have that decision.

7. Reisti Skalchaste

Finally, I get to voice my reasons for choosing Gene and crew. I'll split them into one-on-one matches to make it easier.

Gene vs. Spike

Sure, they're both expert gunmen, very accomplished at killing, but Gene has his Caster. Spike merely has a handgun. We've all seen what the Caster can do, so it's pretty obvious that Gene would win.

Aisha vs. Jet

Jet's strong, cool, and a dangerous adversary, but Aisha'a a Ctarl-Ctarl. An immortal cat-girl. Even if Jet managed to best her at first, she would simply transform into an animal and take him out easy.

*In background* Aisha: Who are you calling an animal?! :mad: :anger2:

Suzuka vs. Faye

Faye's a woman from the past, who, if I remember right, is also dangerous with a gun. But Suzuka's a trained assasin. She almost beat Gene, and it was only because he stole her sash that he won. She's sliced buses in half and caused incredible amounts of damage with a wooden sword. So this round goes to Suzuka.

Jim vs. Ed

Okay, Ed couldn't fight her... his... umm, its way out of a paper bag, and Jim, despite not being a fighter, could easily beat Ed up. If it were a computer hacking contest, however, Ed would likely manage to out-hack Jim. This round: Tie.

Melfina vs. umm. Ein?

Okay, we all know Melfina couldn't kill a fly, but give her five minutes with Ein, and they're the best of friends. So winner: Melfina

Outlaw Star vs. Bebop

Okay, maybe someone can do this one better than I can, because I can't really remember the Bebop. But the Outlaw Star is the fastest, most advanced ship in the galaxy, built with the Space Pirates' skill and the Space Force's technology. Also, it's a Grappler Ship, heavily laden with missles, plasma cannons, etc. Not to mention it's Grappler Arms, which can be outfitted with numerous weapons, including machine guns, lasers, saws, axes, etc. So I cannot see a way that the Bebop could outdo the Outlaw Star. That XGP-15A2 is quite a ship.

So there you have it. This explains why I think that the Outlaw Star and crew could beat the Bebop and crew. If anyone has a different opinion, feel free to voice it.

BTW, Spike, you forgot to vote.

8. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel New Member

ohh i dont remember all the characters from outlaw star but i remember a few and gene was one of them. so what if he has that gun if there guns got knocked out of there hands they would have to fight hand to hand. spike would kill him. in all the cowboy bebop episodes only 3 people got the best of spike and he killed 2 of them. the one he didnt kill was edds father.
    if u compare the ships the outlaw star is better, also its hard to do the on on one battle thing. first some of the outlaw chraracters arent even human like that tiger girl thing. if u had a tag team match with ed and ein vcs melfina and the little kid. i dont know what would happan. but since i think cowboy bebop is one of the greatest animes ever and outlaw star isnt i think ed and ein would win.

At hacking ed would wip the outlaw star kid.

9. Dante

Dante New Member

Okay... first, and foremost, Spike... stop bloody double-triple-quadruple-posting. >: It's getting annoying. Just go back and hit the useful little "edit" button, mmkay?

Second... like I tend to say in most of these aspects... it is, truly, an unfair comparison, and is about as absurd as the Hulk Vs. Gokuu thread. Each series takes place on a totally, completely different aspect. Cowboy Bebop has very little, if any, true absurdities to it. True, it takes place in outer space, with all the planets inhabited, etc. Though look at the characters; they get shot, they bleed, most of them die. They are all human, Spike mayhaps being an exception since he doesn't seem to really die. ;P

However, Outlaw Star is based around exaggeration and absurdities... clanty-dressed Catgirls turning into moronic Werecats, pale, wiry Japanese-samurai-wannabe women slicing a bus in half with a piece of wood, a space ship that is powered by an unknown alien being. Not to mention the whole caster situation.

This is obviously a set-up comparison of a fan of a series with more absurd superiorities to try and attempt to make one group of characters look better than the other through, I reiterate, unfair comparison.

Not to mention two of your "pair-ups" were, set aside them being moronic, had no substance to them, they had absolutely no backing whatsoever to even remotely constitute the possibility of one side or the other being superior, not to mention in comparison to the ships, you chose to leave out not only Jet and Faye's ships, but the rather powerful and speedy Swordfish II, Spike's on specialized ship. As they are kept on board the Bebop, the are part of its arsenal, and should be accounted for accordingly. Instead you "strategically" chose to leave them out and compared it to the Bebop; a traveling ship. Not a battle ship. Not a pirate ship. A travelling ship.

Congrats, again, on the unfair comparison.

In conclusion... Trigun wins.

10. Reisti Skalchaste

I apologize for any unfair comparisons or leave-outs. It's been 3 years now since I've seen Cowboy Bebop, and so my knowledge is a bit rusty. If anyone wishes to correct me, feel free. But, I suppose you have a point. OS is quite different than CB. They do take place in different universes, and, as such, different rules apply.

But, no matter. I still prefer OS to CB any day. Sorry if that offends anyone.

11. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel New Member

Well it does! JK..... ur entitled to your opinion. but i still prefere cowboy bebop.

12. ZakoSoldier

ZakoSoldier Zeon Commander

I would say The Outlaw Star cast and ship would win in a fight I don't have the time to think the process through but I think the end result would be OutLaw Star.

13. Fuuma

Fuuma New Member

Very Nice. :D

An OLS fan, true to heart...I voted Outlaw Star and Crew...but Dante has the point overall...

XD Vash and Knives could use their angel arm's to blast both ships out of the sky and onto their planet, therefore resulting in a no competition gunfight.

^_^;; sorry for twisting your post around Dante..lol

14. Ryuichi

Ryuichi New Member

Okay, my favorite thing in all of Outlaw Star was Gillium, the tin box.. ^-^ no.. I cant explain why Im obessed with him.. I just am.. and have been forever.. in Bebop, I adore Ed and Ein.. so.. it seams kinda sad to put them all up agaist eachother.. but... my votes for Bebop... (sorry Gillium!! I still love you tin can!!)

15. Chance

Chance Admitted Pokemon Fan.

true about hawking as a hacker, but i have to say, the show was not that good in my eyes. and they had a cat girl..............why does everyone need a cat girl?

that was the point of no return for me.

and ed.....like i said, shes a hacker, a lil girl(or boy.......lol) and she talks in lil rhymes and riddles.
    jim.......he didnt satnd out. he just....was another character on another anime~

and, i think outlaw is older, but thats no reason to be predictable~

16. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i like outlaw star more than cowboy bebop. plus bebop is really slow...

17. Megami-Chan

Megami-Chan New Member

Dante's correct. The two things are completely different: IE, the cast of Outlaw Star'd be more powerful than Cowboy Bebop simply because the series are different. Outlaw Star is a lot less realistic. And stuff.

And Aisha > you.

By a lot.

18. BlackMage

BlackMage New Member

couldnt Gene jus fire a Caster at the Bebop? i seem to remember the really powerful ones were liek black holes, and if that didnt wok they could always switch to grappler, an rip the bebop apart.

19. Kos-Mos

Kos-Mos New Member

I think the Out Law Star gang would win.
    One, I'm pretty sure they're from further into the future than spike a crew (though I oculd be wrong) so their weapons would be much more advanced, wouldn't they? I think so with the Caster thing.

Two, they have Aisha Clan Clan. I mean, come on, you can't lose with a ctarl(sp) Ctarl on your team, now can you?

And last, the grappler arms on there ship. (This goes if along if it were a fight with ships). They have guns, a smart *** ship, and grapler arms that could probably smush em, wouldn't it? (Including the little ships that were mentioned earlier.)

But Dante's right. But hey, it's still fun to think about how the fights would turn out, right? (Laughs)

Of course, this is just my opinion. But I think OutLaw Star wins hands down. ^.^

20. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel New Member

i have an idea go and watch a episode from both then come and post if you think its fair to pin cowboy bebop vs outlaw star. it was a bad idea to begin with. plus that cat thing is considered cheating in my book.