Definitive Watching/Reading list

Discussion in 'Newbies' started by JimiSpandex, Nov 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Crow

Blue Crow New Member

I recommend:

Anime:

Police Anime:

Burn Up W:Zany adventures of a team of policewomen(and a man)that use Swat Team like weapons and skills to handle cases that fall outside the normal police's jurisdiction.

Burn Up Excess:More zany adventures of Team Warrior.But this time there's more comedy and less action.Dub voices are diferent,too.

Movies:

Spirited Away:A girl and her parents take a shortcut to their new house,but find a wierd town instead.Her parents get turned into pigs,and she must search for a way to escape from the world of spirits and demons that she is now trapped in.Directed by Hayao Miyazaki(of Princess Mononoke and Kiki's Delivery Service fame).

X:The Movie:At the end of the Milenium.The Evil Dragons of Earth are trying to purify the Earth through killing and destruction.Kamui Shirow has been chosen to lead the Dragons of Heaven into battle with the Dragons of Earth.

Shoot-'em-Ups!:

Cowboy Bebop(DUH!!!!):Do you really need an explanation for this one?Unless awesome fight scenes,and the coolest characters ever offend you,don't even hesitiate to check this one out.

Trigun:A man with a huge bounty on his head,and amazing skills as a gunman,travels the desert planet.He has a reputation for destroying entire towns in an instant.Now,he refuses to kill.He trys to right wrongs,and help people.Now,he must deal with bounty hunters,robbers,and Insurance Girls.His past is begging to catch up with him.

Fighting:

Yu Yu Hakusho:I recommend this to Dragonball Z(although that show is still good).It's about a boy that dies,them comes back to life to be a spirit detective.I know this doesn't sound like a fighting anime,but it is.There's LOTS of fighting later on in the show.

Ninja:

Ninja Scroll:This one's kinda bloody.So don't see it uless you're old enough to handle it.:)

That's all I can think of right now.

2. Aelonil

Aelonil New Member

Ive seen Yu Yu Hakusho, and I think Dragonball Z is better but it a very cool show.
    Def. reccommend it to everyone.

3. lou

lou Guest

Hm..what could I recommend? Well how's this list?:

Fushigi Yuugi
    Ranma 1/2
    Inuyasha
    Akira
    Evangelion
    Vampire Hunter: D
    Nightwalker
    Blood: The Last Vampire
    Descendants of Darkness

*Yes I do obsess Vampire shows..:p*

4. Seiri

Seiri New Member

I have been looking at these lists and things, and although I see what these are, I was wondering exactly what these are about. Sure I can skip right over to http://www.yahoo.com or http://www.google.com and search them up (and I have on some and have come up with a bit of a list that I am intrested in), but when I look here, I don't really see what makes these so good. Any way someone might be able to express why they think these manga/anime are their favorites and maybe why one should read them?

Just a sugestion.

*The N00B*
    Seiri

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.