Debate Delinquent children - how to deal with them

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Reisti Skalchaste, May 19, 2006.

1. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth"
    -ancient proverb
    "Yes, and then the whole world will be blind and toothless"
    -Tevye, Fiddler on the Roof

1 person likes this.
  2. Fushigi Rockna

A spanking now or then never hurts.

When i was a child, i got spanked when i was bad. or I got pepper on my tongue. Depended on the deed.

Those were my early years. Eventually I came to fear the spankigns and the hotness of a whole pepper kernal, and I tried to be as good as i could.

If you don't punish a child for doing soemthign bad, they won't learn,. They'll think they can get away with it. Saying 'don't punish your child' is like saying don't punish a criminal. If you do soemthing bad in this society, you ahve to be punished. (unless, i suppose, it was out of your control).

Children are young. They learn from feel. Words and simple sentences like going to your room won't teach 'em. Every now and then you gotta spank them.

But you shouldn't beat them. You shouldn't give them bruises. but you should make them fear your back hand. It doesn't take much pain to do that. One little smack on the bottom will teach them.

Like I said, I was spanked as a child, and i grew up perfectly fine. My friends would even call me a goody two shoes. I respect and love my parents very much. I wish someone would hit my brother tho. He's got some real problems. But as he got older, my parents lessened up on the spanking, which i think is proof that spanking does work. I was spanked more, and I'm okay. My brother wasn't spanked much, and he's still a little brat at 15.

3. Alchemy_Dude

Alchemy_Dude is addicted to bad ideas.

As Orson Scott Card (as his character Ender) once said, "We all have violent urges, but controlling them is what makes us human". True, a little physical pain won't do much, but I'm directing this at the people who poat things like "give 'em the belt" or whatever. Just like alcohol, violence should be used in moderation (and sometimes not at all). I know they're probably joking, but it's not something you should joke about.

P.S. I got flicked in the head as a child, and I turned out just fine.

P.P.S. Who was Roy talking to in your siggie?

4. Fushigi Rockna

Children don't know how to control their urges at their age. a child is not born civilized. they are born an 'animal' if you will, until they are civilized, they will not understand what people tell them.

But pain will speak to them. They udnerstand it. It doesn't take much like i said. A little smack will hrut a lot to them, but it won't leave a brusie or anythign else. but it will leave a lasting impression.

I don't believe in the belt or the paddle. :/ that's a little too much.

And in my sig: Roy was tlakign to a rapid yaoi fangirl whose favorite pairing is RoyxEd. XD Best. Comic. EVER. xDDDDDDD