Manga Demon Diary

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by femme_fatale, Jul 15, 2003.

1. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Has anyone read this series yet? It's a Korean manwha released by TOKYOPOP. Kind of brainless in parts, and cutesy, but it has a pretty good story, and the art is fantastic. One thing I noticed, though....

Doesn't the art look frighteningly like CLAMP art? I could have sworn this was stolen from Clover.

[​IMG]

2. AcidOblivion

AcidOblivion New Member

hmm no I never heard of it, but I will check it out...
    and it does kinda look like clamp drawings.......

3. seraphinx

seraphinx Oy, Artista!

Nah, to me it doesn't readily strike a resemblance to CLAMP style. (much less look "frighteningly" like it) Lots of anime styles are similar to each other anyway. I haven't heard of Demon Diary--what's it about?

4. Miko

Miko New Member

that does look a little like sakura from card captors..... tell us what this one is about

5. Teddz

Teddz Sexy Swedish Love ♥

Nah...more like Sakura mixed with a spice of Chobits.

- Teddz

6. Miko

Miko New Member

your'e right, i see chobits in it too

7. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

The series is about royal demons, basically... the main character is Raenef, the heir to the demon throne, and his mentor is a demon named Eclipse. It's about how Raenef's being trained to be a demon lord even though he's a wuss and rather harebrained.

It's pretty good, though sometimes it gets too "cute" for my tastes. The artwork actually caught my eye first, since the story is a bit thin. There's only two volumes out, however, and the end of volume two seems to be developing a backstory at least, so I expect that it gets better. Hopefully it doesn't go the way of the only other manwha I have, I.N.V.U., and start a good story and then just focus on "wacky" humor and love triangles.

I should also mention that volume one has a few side stories in it at the end that really have nothing to do with the Demon Diary story, and are pretty neat (if not more interesting than Demon Diary itself).

Also, the whole series so far smacks faintly of shounen-ai, so if that's not your thing, you wouldn't like Demon Diary. One of the side stories is pure shounen-ai pretty much all the way through ("Crystal Heart", it's called).

8. Miko

Miko New Member

sounds cool

9. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

I actually just bought the first two volumes today and i love them. Raenef is so cute i thought he was a she when i first read it.:p

10. Gaijin

Gaijin New Member

The artwork does strangely resemble clamp's, but the series(though I've never read it) does sound interesting. What do they really do in the series anyway?

11. AsIaNgUrL

AsIaNgUrL ~*☆Dream AsIaNgUrL☆*~

i've read it.. adn i have the first manga.. it is really funny where he says... "how dare u advonish me vermin "or something like that... or saying "harumph"alot of times ^________^.. the terra is really cool too.. adn i dun thin the style looks liek clamps... clamps has adifferent taste.. but in this one.. * the author being korean) it doesn't have do do anythign with the author.. :p .. lol.. anyways... the styles are diferent... the way is is drawn and teh landscapes are truely amazing.. and much more... the way of drawing chibis are different too ^_________^
    heheh.. btu i still love it... ohhhhhhh yeah... very funny...

misao

12. Inu-Girl

Inu-Girl New Member

I love this series. I think it's also the first Manga by a Korean artist/writer that I 've ever read. I also love the artwork, it's so detailed and amazing!

13. Rhyx

Rhyx New Member

Ive only read the first volume so far but i thought it was rather good. the side stories esp. still anxiously waiting for bk 2 to come out..

14. femme_fatale

femme_fatale New Member

Where I am, books 1-3 are out, and 4 might be by now, I'm not sure.

Unfortunately, I've stopped reading DD for a bit, since my new King of Bandit Jing manga habit is taking all my cash. :p

15. Lilac

Lilac New Member

I have read the first two books and it's a pretty good manga.

16. dreamtonight

dreamtonight New Member

I just got the two today, I just picked it off the shelf with not thought to it, I read them there great, i like eclipse i love his hair. ^^. Plus i like that part where the knight say "Over there! Whats that?"- what kind of idiot would fall for that old trick?-
    Lord raenef"Huh? Where?!" -THIS kind if idiot-. its goofy.

17. EclispeRae

EclispeRae New Member

I love Demon Diary!!!!! It is sooooo cooool!!!! Raenef is soooo kawaii and Eclispe sooo funny. Eturis and Chris are cool too!!!Crystal Heart is also a cute and sad side story that I adore and am writinfg fanfiction on too. This is also my first Korean manga and it's awsome though it does look like Clamp, but hey! Great minds do think alike. How dare you admonish them!!!!!*LOL*

Peace,
    Demon Lady Desdemona

18. Raven

Raven Fuhrer

Volume 4 just arrived in Canada and its real good and more adventure then the other ones. And Raenef is as cute as ever, even Eturis says so when she asks him to smile. :D Cliffhanger ending though, I can't wait till #5.

19. Thin Yume

Thin Yume New Member

Hey Raven since you have 4. can you pm me about what you think of the change that went on with you kow at the end????

I really enjoyed the books and like Raven can't wait for five.

20. Sesshomisao

Sesshomisao Poison Girl

I have only read Vol. 1...I thought that it was great!!! I enjoy reading mangas like this...lol

White Lady (Misao)