Anime Digimon vs Pokemon

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by *Fabee*, Aug 12, 2001.

1. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

My broher asked me this question:
    What do u prefer Pokemon or Digimon??
    Im embaressed to say that i watched both series [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] and i answered him quickly
    P
    O
    K
    E
    M
    O
    N
    what would u say???

2. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

I liked DigiMon better, I just found it less kiddish and that it had more plot then Pokémon. But I like Monster Rancher more than the first two.

3. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Pokemon is (as I see) for kidds!
    But Digimon (I only saw 1 episode!) was rockin'!! [​IMG]

4. That guy!

That guy! Expecting Father

Hey, I've watched pokemon also. Only the first season though... It was great and I love the games.

In terms of which is better, Pokemon or Digimon, I'd have to go with Digimon. Digimon has way more action than Pokemon, and I love action shows(that's why I like DBZ)...
    The ultimate mon show is Monster Rancher. Mainly because the person who raised the monster(Genki) fights his enemies also.... I just hate it when the master of anything can't defend him/herself.

5. FireDragon_16

FireDragon_16 A Sionbosys Unit

hmm yezz i agree, monster rancher is the coolest, but the colors where not so good.

I saw 12 episodes of monster rancher and i also saw pokeman hmm, didgimon, they tranlated it to dutch urgh!!!!!i hate dutch man!!!! but i saw the English parts too [​IMG] in my own country, The Netherlands isn't my birthcountry,i will not say, its classified that information [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. BitzKrieg

BitzKrieg New Member

Ryo ooki kicks all their a$$e$ ok

1 person likes this.
  7. FireDragon_16

Yez with his skates he tinks he is a monsterrancher [​IMG], i saw a part of digimon where (the montain) ,the giant had to go on a boot, but he was scared of the water [​IMG], i was so darn dry out of laughing.

dont read this this is just crap i wrote [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Zub-Sero (edited 08-14-2001).]

8. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

do you mean Monster Rancher? theres that goliath made of stone in it...

9. FireDragon_16

yez, him the big stoney guy [​IMG]

10. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

oh no.. my ears!! he, I shouldn't be in here, I haven't seen anyof the above mentioned series.

All I can think of is the trailer I had to sit through for Pokemon, the movie 2000!! I curse all those shows cause they, or the trailers for them, convince everyone that anime is a kids thing, my parents included.

Thanks to *mon, my mother, who watches and enjoys all the same stuff I do ('cept ESPN) won't watch FLCL etc. enuf to make me scream
    ----------
    but I really can't judge what I haven't seen, so I can't say they suck, just that I wish they didn't exist [​IMG]

11. FireDragon_16

you said it!! [​IMG]

12. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I didnt see Pokemon 2000 because im still not over the horible memories of Pokemon the movie.
    It was torture .. torture i tell ya [​IMG] Sitting in the cinema with my little bro watching that movie

13. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

"Pika-Pika-Pika"
    "Squirtle-Squirt"
    and etc...etc...for half an hour for "Pikachu's Vacation" was enough to bury Pokemon under a heavy mech and let it rust over for all eternity.....Pokemon Movie, Johto Journeys, all a waste of time, money, and the youth of the Earth!!!!

(but it's still all better than spinoffs like Digimon, Monster Rancher.....)

BakaMattSu, "baka-baka-bak" , BakaMatt's Vacation...long overdue.

14. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

All I gotta say is that Digimon SUCKS ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    How can you say that it's better than Pokemon? Sure, Poke sucks, but then, what kiddie series doesn't? Digimon tries too hard, what with the theme song proclaiming that "Digimon are the champions". If they're so great, why must they stick it in our faces so much? If they kicked as much as they want us to believe, than there should be no need to repeat it over and over in the opening theme (can you say "subliminal messaging"?)
    As far as plots go, neither really has anything worth my attention. Pokemon: I want to be the best in the world [​IMG]. How cheap can you get? Digimon: I must save an imaginary world inside a computer (or some other sh-t like that) from some bad guy of some sort. What it is? This plot is pathetic. It's the whole "wander around trying to find out where we are" for the first bit, then it turns into "look! A villain! Let's smash it!" and ends with "oh, the villain was being controlled by some other villain, so it's not their fault". The plot repeats itself over and over again, until you feel like screaming. Also, what's with the "digivices"? They look to me like those digipet things that little girls used to play with a few years ago. They're dead and burried. Let's leave it that way.
    As for Monster Rancher, I'm gonna show my true colours as a Star Wars fan for a seccond, because MONSTER RANCHER IS A TOTAL STAR WARS RIP OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    They even had one episode where Muu, the main villain, was with Holly, a main hero type character, and Muu said (a direct quote): "I am your father!", and in that same scene, "Join me! And together we will rule the (world) as father and (daughter)". The words I stuck in brackets were changed for the show from Darth Vader's original line in which he says "galaxy" and "son" instead of "world" and "daughter". Aside from the ripping off of one of the world's greatest epics ever written, Monster Rancher is, however, a good series. Much better than half the other crap that I've seen broadcast lately ...

------------------
    Until then, I remain your obedient servant, GNZ

15. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

Actually after all of that, I like Angelic Layer the best.

and anyways..I'm not judging or will judge any anime in a bad way until I've seen the subtitled versions of them. An edited tv. north american version will always be crap.

16. FireDragon_16

who cares, my school has started, damnz, damnzz, hate school, but somebody got to do it, that's me, i have to make exames, thats stuff, i am so mad, school

------------------
    Zub-Sero, the lonesome warrior **

17. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I feel as Digimon is trying too hard.
    When i watch Digimon i feel that im watching a sopa opera--bad actors and horrible script
    The characters reactions are not realistic and that what makes me resent some animated series

18. That guy!

Yeah, Monster Rancher is quite like Star Wars...but I guess they chose to plagiarize Star Wars due to it's awesomeness......

I wonder if that Star Wars anime will ever come along!!

I wonder what Yu-Gi-Oh! will be about...I know that there was a protest or something a while back of otaku's telling WB to show the uncut version.

19. GentatsuNoZanshi cc61

WB show uncut? HA! I laugh at the thought. The network that brought us such pulpy crap as Pokemon and Card Captors would NEVER even dream of doing something so cool. They'd just smile and say "Batman, anyone?".

------------------
    Ganbare, Zanshi, Ganbare ...

20. That guy!

Wahahah, it'd be awesome for you guys if WB showed Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block!!

I jump for joy at the thought of uncut anime being shown on North American television!!, It was great watching the Action Network when I had a month of it for free(although I need to scrounge up money to subscribe to it still).