Recreation Do you like the new layout?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cloud, Dec 23, 2001.

?

Do you like the new layout?

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    80.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  1. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Oh yes, here are some possible avatars we can use if resized or something:

http://www.mangatoanime.com/manga/avatars.60x60/

BMS, I've uploaded the old avatars. Also restored the latest news on the main page, missing the avatars at the moment and the dates are not correct yet...

More tomorrow! Have to go now,

John.
    --

2. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Cool. It does seem like most of what i don't like can be fixed. All I meant about little forums dying was that there is no way to tell if there is a new post in there. You can look at the date of the last post, but it is not as obvious as the red folder, indicating a new post since you last visited. If there is some way to bring that, or something similar back, that would be cool.

Also, (little thing here) the option to by default not display the sig, it would be nice to have that back.

3. Energizer Bunny

Energizer Bunny i wuv you

awww cloud!!i know complaints help make everybody happy or whatever-theyre a good thing sometimes...but how you put it just sounded so i dunno pessimistic oh there i go making no sense again...i guess im just trying to say umm dont limit it to complaints?maybe?hmmm could you say keep the comments coming?it sounds much more happy-ish...anyway ill shut up now^.^

4. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

Okay, NOW I've added BMS's new avatars - forgot to link them in after uploading :)

5. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

New style added - BOTP - this is applied to the BOTP forum but users can select this in their User CP and it will be applied for all forums.

6. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I don't really miss the light-bulbs (or red folders), Mamiya...they realled annoyed me, popping up even when I'd viewed new posts...some faux pas on my part, no doubt...

I do like the new last post w/ date and description in contrast, it lets me know when new topics arrive when they've managed to get kicked off the main page's list (my current substitute for the 'Active Topics' list...

Just a few minor details I've noticed...

1) The main page still has a link to where the old board's polls used to be (obviously superceded by the new polls feature)... it could be elimintaed, but maybe there's a hack to gather together all the posts with polls in them?

2) Older message compatibility... Some of the older posts I've sifted thru that used the Quote tags are including HTML font tags, which the new UBB ignores and displays on screen...It's kind of ugly... Is there a possible fix for this?

BakaMattSu, not a complainer....usually....

7. Yuna

Yuna New Member

WOW! A lot of things occured while I was gone :eek: . I like the features. But I find it a bit complicated.

8. Cloud

Cloud Administrator
    Staff Member

9. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

Excellent Work!

10. Lady Aoi

Lady Aoi Princess of Shirataki

Neeeee...

Yay! My special icon is back! Thanks, Cloud!!

This may be picky and punitive, considering all of the requests/problems/etc. people have made so far but I really really miss some of the old icons (the yin/yang symbol, etc.). Any way we can see those again?

~ Lady Aoi: *looks at icon. huggles it*