Manga Doujinshi / Fan Manga

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Suzu, Dec 24, 2001.

?

Do you guys prefer original manga (manga) or professional fan works (doujinshi)?

1. Original Manga

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Doujinshi

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  3. Anime

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  4. I never read doujinshi

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. none

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

I'm not sure of the legalities involved... for that, we'd need to contact a Doujin circle in Japan... or someone who has already done that.

-UK
    ~~~~~~~
    is not an expert in Japanese law

2. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Doujinshi is like Fanart

There was a time, I think, where Doujinshi was illegal in Japan. I heard it from a Japenese friend. I'm not really sure either, but I have heard that Doujinshi is like fan art. You can draw your favorite character and claim that it's your work but still you have to give credit to the company and disclaim the character.

If I were to draw a manga about FF10, I would say that the story is my original work, disclaim the characters, and give credit to Squaresoft.

Doujinshi should be something companies might encourage fans and artist to produce because:
    1. Free Advertisement for the company
    2. Treats hungry Fans
    3. Improves the artist abilities as well as style...
    4. The artist might have fans if his style is great and companies might hire him...

:)

3. UrashimaKeitaro

UrashimaKeitaro Sesquipedalian Mod

Excellent extrapolation Skuld! I'm thinking they would allow it for the same reasons.. after all, Manga is huge over there!

4. chupito

chupito New Member

doujin

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! I love doujinishi, it soooooooooooo cool!!!!!!!!!
    Anyways, I never really read one:(, but you also can read them on internet!!!!!!!!! If you like doujinishi and want to know more sites about, mail me!!:)

5. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Say Chupito... do you know where I can find FF ones online.. I don't like Hentai, Yaoi... if there are any FF one let me know ;)

6. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

i like Doujinshi ..its fun to read the fans fanfic & art,you read what they write from their imagination..but not when they turn it to yaoi or yuri while its not..without any good line or story..

7. Chi

Chi New Member

I like doujinshi they are fun to read and you get to see the another sde of the story. I dislike Yaoi and Yuri because most of the time it just focuses on the sex. But shoen-ai and shojo-ai are more about the who love thing and are often fun to read. The origanl manga is great as well but it ends after a while I don't mind but if you really want to read more of it then a doujinshi is the ticket.

8. thunder dragon

thunder dragon dragon king

ya.. Its right ..if you love the manga & you cant have enough of it ..search for the doujinshi & read it:cool:

9. Mikko

Mikko New Member

I went to a big doujin fest three years ago with my friend:) I was surprized to find many doujinshi!!! I've read some and they were nice though I didn't buy any doujinshi.

I prefer doujin stuff. You'll find stickers, letter paper, envelopes, buttons of manga and anime and I love them. They are so cute.
    I sometimes buy them online.

10. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

That sounds so cool Mikko! :)

Doujinshi can also be original :dizzy2: I always thought it was based on original published manga or games.

So basically doujinshi can be also manga made by amatuers who want to be famous artists in the future. :) That's a great oppertunity for an artist to get popular. ^_^

11. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

Skuld: I did not know that. I suppose I might have guessed, beut had never thought about it. Cool :)

I agree about it being free exposure, but of course I would say that. That's the same excuse I have for downloading fansubbed anime.

Doujinshi sure has a place though. Say Love hina. Series is over, what's a guy to do? Doujinshi of course, except that the vast majority seems to be H. H authors have descended on it with frenzy :(

12. DoujinLover

DoujinLover Guest

hm.. the translated bit i will have to agree, it is hard to fins translated Final Fantasy, however unpopular, i disagree with. You just need to no where to look for it, e.g. Mirc - Dal net.