Manga Doujinshi

Discussion in 'Manga and Anime' started by Blue Crow, May 7, 2003.

1. PinkSpider

PinkSpider New Member

I'm making a X Japan/hide doujinshi. ^___^

Called... 'hide no heya'.

There's a little story at the end called 'hide-chan' and he's 6 years old and fighting with his little brother. XD

I want to buy some J-Rock doujinshi but... I spend all my money on hide-sama... ¬____¬

2. seto/joey rlz!

seto/joey rlz! New Member

yeah.

I've drawn a chibi thing of seto and joey kissing, and I've done this cool thing in paint where joey is thinking about seto (in a good way) They're kawaii i'd post the paint thing but I can't find a good image hoster.

3. Vatina

Vatina New Member

Yeah do that, I'll read it ^_^

I've thought about making a doujinshi often. In the beginning I thought of doing a Tokyo Mew Mew one, because the story seemed simple enough :p Now I don't know what series I would do. Plus, I'm too busy with my real manga to do a doujinshi right now unfortunately.....

4. Yasuko

Yasuko I beg your pudding?

I might make some shonen-ai doujinshi for my friend with Edward Elric in it. She has a crushy wushy on him! But I don't think my skills are good enough yet. Maybe some day.

5. yakamashi

yakamashi New Member

i sometimes, on very rare occations, make doujinshi, but i usually just look at other peoples work. they're usually... no, ALWAYS yaoi. but what can i say? lol. it's addicting! in a really... bad... way. :sweat2: ^^

6. Rokuemon

Rokuemon New Member

I've tried but not got very far with it, i think i can probably draw pretty good, but i really have trouble with thinking up the stories, but the main thing though is it really takes a lot of time and hard work, so on top of my job, music stuff, learning Japanese and having a life, i cant find time T_T

BTW Migoto Neko-san asked what doujinshi is, like a lot of Japanese phrases it means diferent things to different poeple, but the basic meaning is like "Fanzine".

"doujin" means a group of people (jin) into the same stuff getting together and "shi" means magazine or publication in this context. So like a group of fans making a magazine. The kanji is 同人誌

"doujin" is used a lot on its own, meaning amateurs and fans, club members, or single people producing their own manga (usually) or art works, but they even make games and anime. You could almost call it "indie" , its alternative to the big publishers, the way indie music used to be (some still is) but that doesnt mean its non commercial. A lot of doujin work is sold, at conventions, online and in small shops like around Akihabara in Tokyo. Where I will be in about 36 hours from now BTW ^_^

7. child of sin

child of sin ★★★★☆

it's no easy thing to do! mastering very good skills is the key ^_^ also i apretiate to start with originals first. good luck!

nice idea!! do me instead ;P i play guitar weeeeeeeee...

8. Badluck

Badluck New Member

I have a Heero and Duo Shonen ai doujinshi. :D