RPG Sakeido High School 2 Elemental Manipulation Class

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Zealot, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zealot

Zealot New Member

Thorne told the boy to stand in a certain spot and after putting about twentyfive to thirty feet of space in between himself and the student he addressed the class again...

"Now I want everyone to watch us both very closely and tell me what differences you see in our techniques, this is not a sparring match as many of you may think, this is simply to make a point about exactly what you will be learning."
    Thorne turned to the young student standing a ways in front of him.
    "I'm going to send a fire blast towards you and I want you to deflect it away from yourself towards the empty hill to your left or towards the ground, got it."

"Yeah, I got it."

Thorne took a wide stance with his feet and his left hand extended out towards the boy. Thorne thrust his left hand back and his right fist forward while exhaling sharply. A plume of red fire shot towards the boy from Thorne's fist. The boy put both hands in front of him forming a triangle with his thumbs and index fingers. When the flames reached about a foot from his hands, the plume of fire veered from its course and hit the hillside. Several students clapped and cheered even though it was a weaker fire attack.

"Good job, but can anyone tell me the biggest difference between my method and his method?"
    Most everyone stood silent. A young girl towards the front of the crowd raised her hand.
    "Yes miss."
    "Mr. Kaiyo, you never said anything and his mouth never stopped moving."
    "Very good, that is the exact response I was looking for. Let us try this again shall we?"
    Thorne walked up to the boy and pulling a small roll of tape from his pocket he tore off a piece and taped the boy's mouth shut.
    "Lets try with this little variable."
    Thorne took his position across from the boy and after asking if the boy was ready, shot another identical plume of fire.
    The boy held out his hands as a triangle again but this time the flames didn't stop. The boy dove to the side to avoid the fiery blast as it travelled some more distance before dissipating in the air.
    "That ladies and gentleman is the single greatest misunderstanding about Elemental Manipulation. Contrary to what most of you believe, manipulating the elements is not a form of alchemy, spellcasting, or ritual. It is a physical and mental discipline that is performed with the body and or the breath.
    It is true that many people can control a water based attack with a sword and a few incantations, or that a talented spellcaster can alter the shape of rocks simply by looking at them but what you all will be learning is how to use whichever one element you are alligned to in order to overrule spellcasting and swordsman techniques of the like as well as how to defend against each form of elemental control.
    For instance, I've heard of magic swords that when swung can launch a vicious firestorm towards an enemy, if that enemy were skilled and aligned in the art of fire forming however, he'd be able to not only divert the attack with a simple fighting stance but then harness the blast and send it back again even stronger...all without uttering a single word and using nothing more than his own body.
    That is what you will all be learning in my class and I wanted you all to thoroughly understand it.
    Thorne walked over to the student who was still a little flustered by the possibility of being burned. Thorne reached down, lifted the boy up, and painlessly removed the tape from his face.
    "I believe you may indeed be aligned with an element but I don't believe that fire is it."
    The boy rejoined the crowd feeling somewhat foolish and Thorne turned to the class feeling that the message had been received and understood by all.
    "Now, does anyone have any questions or concerns regarding my class?"

2. Kryshana

Kryshana Dont try to understand me

Rini stood in front of the class with a curious look on her face. "What about those who do not know what element they posses? I have only been taught the way of the ninja and therefore do not know my element. I have only lived in the shadows." she said with a watchful eye in case the teacher would create a suprise attack. "Is it something that will come to us one day...or can even one of us conquer them all?"

3. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Keitou stands up, as Tobias sees him and says "Up already?"

"Yeah, nevermind that." He walked up to Kaiyo, tapped him in the shoulder and said "mind if I step in?", as Kaiyo just said "Uh..sure..."

"Is it something that will come to us one day...or can even one of us conquer them all?" said Rini, and the Keitou stepped in.
    "Well, nothing can just come to somebody. You have to work hard for it."
    "And how's that?"
    "Well, for starters, we wouldn't have this kind of school would we?"
    "Yeah, but..."
    "And trust me, I speak from personal experience..."
    "But you don't look old, how do you know so much?"
    "Patience, that's all you need to know...Now, forgive me for being so bold as to step in your class Kaiyo-Sensei...I'll be quiet now!"

Keitou went back and as he walked past Tobias, Tobias said "Patience?", and Keitou answered "Yeah, worked for me!"

4. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

"Patience" he said.

"Yeah, worked for me!" Keitou said. Tobias was thinking for a minute.

"As young as you are Keitou, you must have. Patience is hard to come by in your generation and even in the younger generation. Back in mine and Katsuke and Athena's time, patience was something most of us naturally came by. You needed it to stand up to the teachers we had back then. I learned it a very young age myself."

"Well someone of us nowadays still came by it naturally" Keitou replied.

"It would seem that that is true, Keitou. You should consider yourself lucky. You are one of the very few that will ever have to develop it. Then again, maybe not. Developing patience is a great skill and test in itself." Tobias said. He watched on as Thorne continued with his class. He smiled.

"I think Kaiyo is doing a good job" Tobias said.

5. Seishin

Seishin Guest

"I think Kaiyo is doing a good job" Said Tobias
    "I think so too" replied Keitou, and added "But like I said, it needs patience"
    "You never did say how exactly you earned your patience"
    "My friend, when you're studying spells and magic since you say your first word, you unfortunately find time for patience in your natural ways."
    "We're not all like you"
    "Not in the least, indeed, but my point is, it needs to be built up. You can't just make something out of nothing. I'm sure you've heard that saying before, right Tobias?"
    "Indeed. I just hope the students can find it..."
    "They will, but I--I uh, I think they will"

Keitou had a look of deep thought for a second, and then smiled.

6. Zealot

Zealot New Member

Thorne's thoughts returned to his own Shadowist Ninja training after the young girl's question.
    "Indeed the art itself can be hard to identify at first, which is why the remainder of the class today will be to do exactly that... Identify each of your elemental alignments."

"The easiest way to do this, I have found, is to rely on instinct rather than discipline at first. In order to sharpen the skills discipline and training are essential, but to discover them we need to allow your 'elemental wills' to make themselves known rathar than be forced into action."

Thorne turned to look towards the front of the crowd again. He pointed at the young man who had been cocky earlier, he was much quieter now and his eyes were pointed toward the ground.
    "Lad, I would like you to come up here one last time."
    The boy was clearly reluctant to stand in front of the class again but he obeyed.

Thorne slammed his right foot into he ground and a small circular stool formed from the ground inbetween himself and the boy.
    "Sit there, would you please, and we will find out which element you are aligned with." Thorne tied a blindfold around the boy's eyes and asked him to sit patiently for a moment.

The boy sat cross legged on the stone stool while Thorne began to place small objects around him. Thorne had pulled these items from a box at the base of the hill and this test, performed for each student, would take up the remainder of the class period for the day.

As the boy sat with his legs crossed and his eyes closed, Thorne placed the items around him...
    a candle,
    a large rock,
    a saucer of water,
    a small copper rod,
    and a pile of iron ore.

"What is your name son?"
    "Kuratai sir."
    "Kuratai, I want you to concentrate and see if you can feel anything around you without moving."
    Kuratai became very silent as if meditating.
    "Can you sense anything? Like a tickle, extension of your own body, warmth, or pull?"
    "Yes.."
    "Good, now reach for it, not physically, just try to increase the feeling whatever it may be. Dont stop until I tell you."

Kuratai sat with a stern face and everyone could see that this wasn't meant to make a fool of him, this was really how they were going to discover their individual elements. Kuratai looked as if he was straining at something, the kind of facial expression you have when you are pulling a tight rope or cord. The copper rod twitched and a second later, just as Kuratai tilted his head towards it, a small electrical current visibly ran across the rod's surface creating a humming noise.
    "Excellent job Kuratai, you can take off the blindfold now."
    Kuratai complied and caught sight of the last bits of current flowing through the rod before they disappeared entirely.
    "Does that mean what I think it means Sensai?"
    "Yes Kuratai, you have a natural alignment with the element of electricity."
    Kuratai was clearly pleased with the outcome as he hopped off the stone seat and joined the class.
    "Would the next student please come forward."

These tests continued for the next half hour as water dishes suddenly froze solid, candles lit themselves, rocks levitated or dissintegrated, gusts of wind circled the stool, and iron filaments levitated or were sucked into one another forming a iron clump.
    Each student waited patiently for their chance to sit and concentrate...

7. Kryshana

As Rini was up to go next...she sat in the middle of the objects and tried to feel a force...but nothing came. "Have patience...and concentrate."said the teacher. Rini closed her eyes tightly, trying with all her might that she could get a power...that she could posses an element. The rocks did not move, the dishes did not freeze, and a candle did not light. Suddenly a huge gust of wind burst through the crowd nocking over the objects and practically knocking her off the stool. Rini took the blindfold off knowing she finally found her element. "Air,"said the teacher. Rini just nodded respectfully and happily joined the rest of the newfound students.

8. shinigami

shinigami The Dark Prince

Kyuzo watched as Rini wen t up and found her element which was wind setting is right hand on the tree he qucikly stabalized himself from the gust of wind.

" Well I guess it i smy turn then." Kyuzo repleid with a nod of his head. walking up he took a seat adn closed his eyes. holding out his hand he placed it above the objects and begian to concertrate as he moved his hand over them. After a while of moveing his hand over it nothing happened hereing the Mr.kaiyo say concentrate harder with that he tried again after another few minutes he set his hand over the candel and the candle lite up and a flame shot straight up in the air.

" Well your are fire." Kyuzo heard Mr. Kaiyo say to him.

" Thank you Mr. kaiyo." Kyuzo replied takeing the blind fold off and giveng a short bow. walking quickly he slowly took a spot near Rini.

" How are you holding up Rini." Kyzo asked her givieng a slight smile.

9. Kryshana

Rini watched as Kyzo discovered his element. "fire..."she whispered. Rini suddenly noticed him walking up to her.

" How are you holding up, Rini?" Kyzo asked her giving a slight smile.
    "I'm doing alright...I guess."she said while quickly looking away. Kyzo noticed a slight blush in her cheeks. She looked up at him with a cute smile and playfully bit her lip.
    "The first day of school was pretty scary...i don't do to well in meeting new people...as you noticed."she said,"So how are you?"

10. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

Onyx was called to the stand. Her eyes fluttered open revealing the sea green that was hidden behind her eye lids. She yawned and covered her mouth with her hand. She stretched one hand and then the other. Her upper body arched. Yawning once more she stood up. Everybody was watching her at this point. She really didn't notice or care.

She made her way across the grassy noel. Arriving at her destination Onyx placed one hand on the seat and hopped up. She yawned once more and stretched. The teacher told her to concentrate. She closed her eyes will stifling a yawn. The blindfold was placed over her eyes.

She sat there concentrating. She could feel a light breeze comb threw her hair. The candle flicked a few times but the wick didn’t light. The water inside the saucer made small ripples. Onyx sat there concentrating still. She could feel each element around her. The pile of copper rods sparked but didn’t hum like it did for another student. The large rock moved an inch but stayed there. The pile of iron ore moved but nothing happened further with it. Onyx felt the element she was closest with. In her imagination she grasped a hold of it as she did her hair flew around her wildly. The ground started to shake. She felt a hunger power inside her grow. Her hand shot up and touched her collar. The ground shook harder. The rock broke. The bowl smashed, and the candle fell over. She hard a small voice near her telling her to break the connection doing so she ripped off her blindfold. The shaking stopped “I take it my element is Earth?” She yawned and stretched and hopped off the stool. She made her way to Kyuzo. “Have you seen Adah?”

11. shinigami

Kyuzo slowly ranned his hand through his hair and answerd Rini's questine some what quickly.

" I'm doing fine first day was intresting for me since I got to see the other students abiliteis which are most impressive." Kyuzo answerd Rini's questine.
    Feeling the ground shake Kyuzo quickly set his foot into the ground ad goot a grip adn kepted him self from falling over but mostl;y kept his balance where he was standing up.

" Onyx is earth Cool." Kyuzo repleid seeing Onyx walkng up to them.

“Have you seen Adah?” Kyuzo heard Onyx ask him looking around he could not see him at all.

" I saw him earlier but I can't find him now he'll turn up when it is his trun." Kyuzo replid givieng a slight sigh.

12. Kryshana

Rini felt the earth shake and looked over to see Onyx walking to them. She was looking for a boy named Adah, though she did not know him.

Rini suddenly glanced over at Kyuzo as he ran his fingers through his hair again and had caught her looking at him, but only for a second. She quickly looked away as like if she was embarrassed. "He's really cute...and seems very kind." she thought to herself while looking at him in the corner of her eyes. She slightly smiled as she streched her arms up into the air and simply said, "This is going to be a very interesting year."

13. Seishin

Seishin Guest

"It will be indeed.." Keitou says out of the blue. Tobias looks at him and says "What?", as Keitou just looks at him

"oh, nothing, Tobias-Sensei...but this is in fact going to be a really interesting year, don't you think?"
    "Well, I hope so Keitou..."
    "You don't seems so enthusiastic about this do you?"
    "Sorry, but I'm not sure I'm getting you, or you're getting me"
    "What are you talking about?"
    "If you could say, things at the old Sakeido were 'interesting' for some, so I'm just hoping it's a good year is all"
    "I see...."

Tobias starts observing the students, as Keitou keeps on watching Tobias, with a concerned look, and with that same look, he looks at the students.

He then thinks to himself "Heh, it will indeed..."

14. Hitohiro

Hitohiro Angel of Wind

Tobias' conversation was growing stranger and stranger. He could feel Keitou looking at him, but why. Tobias knew when something was up, it was part of his demeanor. Kietou was an interestin young man. He was in his early 20's and yet his power was that of an old spellcaster. It was rare nowadays for people to show skill at such a young age. He himself had been as well, along with the rest of the old group. Keitou was a suspicious man at times, but he had Tobias's trust. Any man who tries to do what he did is indeed at a trustworthy friend.

"So Keitou, let's play a game. We'll each give our guess on the students elements. Whoever comes out with the most, wins." Tobias said.

15. Seishin

Seishin Guest

"Hmm...very well.." said Keitou, and added

"Kyuzo, I've met him, in a way. He's got a lot of potential, but not a lot of experience or control. He needs to learn is all. And when he does, he'll make an exellent fighter...for his age..."

Tobias nodded, and Keitou added, and pointed to Rini

"The girl...." he closed his eyes for a bit and opened them "...Rini...her mind's on something else, but she'll do at an average..."

16. Basher

Basher Mad Writing Skillz

"This is going to be a very interesting year," Rini said.

"You may be right. I wonder how long this is going to take." Onyx yawned and streched. "So what do you guys think of the teachers thus far?" A nice gust of wind blew threw the field. A few girls cried out catching their skirts. "Sounds like your not alone Rini on the air element. It'll be fun." She winked at Rini.

17. Seishin

Seishin Guest

Keitou watched closely at the gust of air appear out of nowhere.

He thought to himself "Wow, today's youth is nothing like in the old days...very cute..."

He nodded to himself and then he said in a soft manner "Impressive..."

"You said something, Satomi-Sensei?" Said Tobias
    "Oh no...nothing!"

18. Kryshana

"You may be right. I wonder how long this is going to take." Onyx yawned and streched. "So what do you guys think of the teachers thus far?"

Rini heard a couple girls scream as a gust of wind flew by. The breeze felt nice as it flew by her short blue hair."Sounds like your not alone Rini on the air element. It'll be fun." Onyx winked at Rini.

Rini winked back. "It will be fun...I'll catch on quick I'm sure of it." she said with confidence. "The teachers...they seem...like they will be expectiing something." she said as she looked away from the others, "I heard that something horrible happened at this school..."

19. shinigami

" I agree the teachers here are preaty good they are a little more skilled then the teachers that taught me at the kuasanagi clan when I was younger." Kyuzo replied watching other students finding out there element.

Kyuzo listenned to what Rini said about what happend to the school before.

" Yes I heard about that to I think it was ten years ago or more I only heard little about it and read only little about it." Kyuzo replied.

" There are quite a few fire user this may be fun for me." Kyuzo repleid giveing a soft sigh." Not that i'm complainning but it may proof challenging." kyuzo added

20. Seishin

Seishin Guest

"10 years ago?" Said Keitou out of nowhere
    "What?" Replied Tobias
    "10 years ago. The kids are saying something about that."
    "Oh, you probably weren't here, but that's when the old Sakeido was here."
    "W-what happened? Was it really attacked?"
    "Yeah...nice guess."
    "Thanks, but it seems obvious...so, I got a question..."
    "Yeah, and what is it?"
    'Why are you teaching here?"
    "Oh, same old reasons. I used to come here, y'know, the regular, maybe more, who knows...what about you? I've never heard of you anywhere before. Not in the Sakeido archives at least..."
    "Well, you could say I'm new to this kind of life...."
    "The teaching life?"
    "....the single life"
    "Ouch"
    "No, I mean, I used to work and live with my old team. It was kind of a part time job, nothing special..."
    "So, why'd you come here?"
    "A promise...old one....anyways, let's get ready to leave, this class is almost over, and I have a feeling Principal K's gonna make an appereance...."
    "You don't say Keitou...."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.