Video Games Emulation

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Narusegawa Naru, Mar 13, 2003.

?

For or against emulation?

1. I'm for it!

21 vote(s)
    72.4%
  2. I'm against it.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  3. I believe that there are certain exceptions...

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  4. Emu-what?

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  1. Kirei na kimyou

Kirei na kimyou New Member

Most games out there are emulated, though. Not even snes emulators emulate 100%. Not even nes ones.
    There are mostly only a few games which aren't emulated. Even the famous banjo-tooie (heave copyright protection) is emulated.
    'Nuff said.

2. Kirei na kimyou

Kirei na kimyou New Member

3. Alucard666

Alucard666 New Member

im for emulation. if there wasnt emulation, such good games that are real old wouldnt be around much more for later generations to play. if you can find them on the internet and they work than great. i personally would like to find final fantasy for the old nes. id be happy for a while if i could download it

4. Influences

Influences New Member

Here we go I personally think that roms are fine there should be no restrictions upon them the only thing is with that if you REALLY wanted to you could make your own emulator and I suppose copy off games but who would wanna take the time to do that...I really enjoy reading neph's posts oh yea by the way neph if you're looking for ff the orignal and a working nes .....My season is paused right now :)....I can find them if you want I will find out some sites you can rummage through to find ff 3 snes....I have been paying alot of attention to old snes games scince it happens to be my favorite system...FF's on snes rule all hell over most games put out even now cmon there is NO beating mystic quest ff 1 snes...O yea lol I could have gotten super metroid for 20$ :)...you ever heard of funcoland? back in the day they used to advertise alot in Gamepro you know back in issue 23 BATTLETOADS COVER! I was so excited....I think that was the issue...

5. Influences

Influences New Member

Ok thats was lame I just spent one whole hour looking for a few gamepro issue covers what the **** is wrong with gamepro.com they used to have an archives section or at least a covr section I know but I dont remember which one O well I will post again and put up a picture of all my gamepros I had when I was a young little more psycho child when I get home (Reminder to me....SCHOOL SUCKS ***)

6. masterferio

masterferio New Member

i would only download a rom when i want to see what the game is like... if i like it, then i would go out and buy the game....

but for most of the snes games that i have... its kind of hard to find them to buy them so i just download them

i dont think roms are bad as long as you buy the game later

:( :( :(

7. Battousai

Battousai New Member

Emulation 0wns

8. Migoto Neko

Migoto Neko New Member

I'm all for emulation. It can be challenging to find an emulator that functions properly, but when you do it's worth it. Without emulators, I would not have been able to play FF5. The only drawback is that I strongly prefer to play console games with a controller, not a keyboard or joystick.

9. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Moderator
    Staff Member

EMULATORS.... THE BEST OF THE BEST... MIB QUALITY
    SNES = ZSNES no questions ask
    Genesis = GENS
    Neo*Geo = Neo Rage X
    Arcades = MAME32
    Game Boy/color/advance = Visual Boy Advance
    PSX = EPSXE
    NES = Jnes

10. username

username New Member

!!

its totally cool if you want some emulators and free games go to (ehem). you'll figure it out!!Late!!

11. rei37

rei37 New Member

video games + computer = Great

"do not interupt me when im talking to myself" --me, no me, i was her first, shut up, i hate you, i hate you, why wont you die, you will to, so, you sux, i will kill you, no, DIE, stop that hurts, i will mess you up, thats my eye, you still have another, sorry about that, no ur not, shut up....

12. zero35

zero35 New Member

i think its cool that u can get your video games on your comp, thats why im goin for it

13. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

saberj2x: I've used snes9x. Why in your opinion is zsnes better?

and to add to your list, last I checked, the best nintendo64 emulator is project64.

I am all for emulation. So many old arcade games would be lost without it; their old cases thrown away or simply broken down after all this time. Emulators let you run games even after the ancient hardware they were made for has vanished completely. Emulators free games from the hardware they were made for and let the games live on with newer hardware. Emulators up.

Someday there will be no working super nintendos, but with emulators you can still play mario kart. whee.

14. zero35

zero35 New Member

How can u get the n64 emulators on the comp? and can u get the gameboyadvance emulator on the comp.