Music Evanescence Thread

Discussion in 'Music' started by Jaken, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Novus

Novus Gone

They've actually had several releases, mostly small-time things, of course.
    To my knowledge, there's:

Fallen
    Not For Your Ears
    Origin
    Sound Asleep EP

... and a whole whack of unreleased stuff, radio edits, alternate versions, remixes ... the list goes on.
    At least that's what I have of theirs, anyway.

2. LadyDeath

LadyDeath New Member

yeah but that was the offical relese date my sister had a copy of the acctual CD in like 1994 so i don't want to get in anymore trouble with the people looking over these post so i ain't going to get all pissed off at anyone....i am already in deep crap with alot of them for my additdude towards them....so no more no more anger with you guys

3. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

If i am not mistaken. . . I think that "Sound Alsleep" and "Not for your ears" were only released at their concerts.

4. Novus

Novus Gone

You're not mistaken.

5. LadyDeath

LadyDeath New Member

this is totally off topic we went from takeing about tourniquet to takeing about when the album "origin" can out....this is funny :anime: :sweat2:

6. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

That can be fixed. . . *adds somthing to thread title*. . . all done. . .^^

7. Novus

Novus Gone

I just found out something that may interest the fans.
    If you own the CD, you can go to the official website (www.evanescence.com) and download the full band version of My Immortal (the one they use in the music video). This is a big deal to me because I've been looking for that version for weeks. Of course, I left my CD back home, so it doesn't help me much, but still, it's out there for those of you who want it.

8. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

eto. . . .I guess it only changes the first subject line. . . ^^;;;;;;;;;;;; :sweat2:

9. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

mmm...well, actually this sucks. Youll see, my cd is original of course, but produced in Mexico or Argentina, i dont remember well.

and that dowload is for u.s. cds only, it sucks big time :anger2:

10. LadyDeath

LadyDeath New Member

yeah for once i actuall agree with you one something that whole download is for US only $#!^ it sucks

11. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

That does suck. . .I am sure that soon you will be able to tho, because the site was recently updated and said:

NEWS FLASH! "My Immortal" Download now open to international territories.
    The FREE DOWNLOAD of My Immortal (Band Version) is now available in the U.S., Europe, Australia, Japan, Southeast Asia, Korea, Hong Kong, South Africa or Brazil. Additional countries will be added soon so check back often. Click here to get started!

So sooner or later they will have Mexico and Argentina! Well hopefully soon. . . :anime:

12. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

well, did anyone catch the grammys?? I only caught some. . . amy lee. . .hot as ever. . *drools* my sexy beutiful singing love. . .o_o She was dressed in electric tape. . . But they won one of the grammys for best new artist/band or somthing like that o_o;;; And 50 cents~~ was being a sore looser and walked thru the middle of them when they got on the stage . . . damn rappers. . .

I didn catch all the grammys so i dont know what else they won. . .^^;;;

13. Sen

Sen Ero-ninja

i think thats the only award they got, it annoyed me as hell :sweat2:

14. Novus

Novus Gone

Best New Artist and Best Hard Rock Performance (for Bring Me To Life with Paul McCoy of 12 Stones).
    2 out of 5 isn't bad.

15. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Recently my Fallen cd got scratched and would skip and not play and junk. . . so i got a new one. When i played it, i was surprised to find that there was a 12th track. ((The CD supposed to have 11 tracks)) Now i found this odd. . .when i listening. . . i foundit was the My Imortal ~Video version~ !! O.O How can this be?

There was nothing on the CD that said it would be on it. . .The only sticker that was there said "5 grammy nomenies ft. My immortal, going under and Bring me to life"

I thought you had to do the CD check and download the song on the site. . .*shrugs* Should the CD have it on there?? Or have i gone crazy? @_@ Never the less it is pretty sweet. . .it saves me the time from downloading it. ^^;; Does anyone know if they rereleased the CD to acomidate the song?

16. Novus

Novus Gone

Probably a special edition or something. The band version wasn't recorded yet at the initial release, I think.

17. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Yeah thats prolly right. . .its just i find it kinda funny that they wouldnt say anything about it on the cd. . .

18. Novus

Novus Gone

Stuff like that happens all the time. I have a Rise Against CD with a cover of Any Way You Want It that wasn't on the cover at all. There's like 30 unlisted tracks (mostly dead air) on The Bloodhound Gang's Hooray For Boobies. It's pretty commonplace.

19. Novus

Novus Gone

So tonight I finally got around to downloading the band version ... of course it's a stupid .wma that opens a link to the Evanescence web site every time I play it ... annoying. The next step is just to burn it to a CD and then rip it as an .mp3.

20. Jaken

Jaken Coin Locker Baby

Some late announcements. . . .

--Amy Lee performed this past friday on cartoon network's cartoon cartoon friday.

--Evanescence just realeased their latest Music Video "Everybody's fool" online, which you can watch on Launch.com Its very cool. . .(and no that pizza commercial is not an ad ^_~ i was so confused when i saw that part. . .) AMY IN PAIN . . .I CANT STAND IT. . ;.; (also i may point out that most of the ads are called Lies. . .which is irronic in the sense of it going with the song and that they have another song called Lies.)
    My favorite part in the video is the doll part "Use me" XD