Exactly what's so great?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Rikugurl, May 10, 2003.

1. Rikugurl

Rikugurl New Member

umm, what's so great about Rurouni Kenshin? I watched it a few times and i really don't see what's so great. Maybe funny anime is my thing, like Excel Saga and Trigun. Sorry but I see nothing great.:(

2. Kenshinslover

Kenshinslover New Member

well its ok you kinda have to be into sowrds and fuedel japan and the histor and the lessons taught by the show and such...

3. Rikugurl

Rikugurl New Member

OK, well, there are a lot of amimes that teaches leassons too. Maybe I am really missing something. Continue your watching and have fun!:D

4. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

*laughs* youll probably hate me for this remark but its Bakumatsu Japan the end of the Tokugawa Shoganate. Fuedal Japan is usually asociatted with the Sengoku Era.

5. Inu-loves-Kago

Inu-loves-Kago New Member

I like it cause Kenshin is cool. His character is the kind that draws you. But yeah, the history makes it a little confusing. But because of Kenshin I want to study Japanese history.

Mostly though, like I said before, I like it cause I like Kenshin a lot. He's sooo awesome and polite! Barely any guys exist like him ^_^

6. lilmizkong

lilmizkong New Member

What so great about kenshin is when he hold his sword and you can see his serious face. He fight so great... and he makes funny faces... When he hold the sword you can see, the reall kenshin and when his not holding is sword espcially when Kaoru do something funny... he looks like regular person... thats what great about kenshin.:)

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

well he doesnt always wield his sword with a serious face. in one episode he fight with an umbrella. but his serious side always surfaces during a fight.

Honki...Desu neh...
    Honki De gozaru yo...

8. Migoto Neko

Migoto Neko New Member

I like Kenshin for lots of reasons. I think the characters are lovely. Also, I love Kenshin's verbal aikido, the way he says such peaceful things to try to divert a fight. He cooks and cleans too, as well as being sexy! What more could you ask for in a man?

Try the movies, they are really good, quite different from the series.

9. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

What I like about RK is that its funny and its an action anime. I liked the drawing a bit, dont know anything about the wepons techniques and all that jap stuff :p

My english isn't that good, who will I be able to track up with japanese? ^^;

10. Zero Enna

Zero Enna New Member

rikugirl you gotta fing true passion in the way of the swords life and friends

remember
    ''you can die at anytime but living takes TRUE courage"-Kenshin

11. Hitokiri_Gensai

*nods* very true...
    "if you live you can atone for the sins that you've commited"-Sagara Sanosuke

12. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Lol, Gensai, not sure what crime Rikugirl commited other than maybe disliking Kenshin. :D

Wow, I liek this forum. Most other places I've been to, poor Rikugirl would have been flamed, banned, and someone would have egged her house for that. ^_^

Rikugirl, if ya don't really liek Kenshin, sokay, everyone has thier own tastes. What did you read/watch exactly, though? Samurai X and Rurouni Kenshin are VERY different. And teh manga is just a whoel 'nother story.

13. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

she probably saw the anime on CN lol no just kidding i dunno but if you don't like it its is okay...rurouni kenshin is....i don't even teh words i could tell you how great it is but it doesn't seem like it would change you mind so its all good...

14. Muse

Muse New Member

Rikugurl have you seen the first episode or did you start somewhere in the middle? Cuz on the CN vers. some of the episodes are kinda random and slightly lame. If you carry the whole thing out though, it really is an awesome show, and Kenshin is probably one of the coolest characters in any anime. ( except for Spike:D )

15. Battousai

Battousai New Member

It's great because its based on true history durring the revolution in Japan. You get to know the characters well and get to fall in love with them. Humor is great especially Yaieeko's big grizzily bear-teeth, and Kenshin's ORO! And Fantastic drawings!

16. DistantSamurai

yeah i love Yahiko when he chews on Sanosuke's head...its sooo cute! I have already fallen in lvoe with Kenshin! hehe and everyone else...well not really Kaoru but thats ok! its a great story anyways!!:cool: :D

17. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy New Member

I like to watch Kenshin, but I only really like the time setting and relation ships in this series. Needs more action, I'm tired of seeing a glowing sword then a bunch of men fall over after they've done nothing but jump in the air or yell.:dizzy2:

18. Hitokiri_Gensai

its not like that...its one of the best anime about swords. the fight scenes are some of the best in the anime world...

19. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

Hehe, back on topic...

ONe reason alot of people liek Samurai X better is because, well, he just KILLS them... when I first watched (I saw Samuria X before Kenshin, maybe that's why I love Samurai X more...) teh OVA's, I was shocked... he just... killed them... lol, though I started enjoying after a while... I was liek WEEE! SLASH! DEADNESS!

RK isn't reall that bad, teh figths are still great, but one point I completley despise was in teh RK movie, he becomes hitokiri, flys up (Quoth Sano: "He Flies! OohAhh!" *added onto list of incredibly stupid quotes*) and they over exaggerate everythign and all that happens is he whacks him with teh blunt of his sakabatou.

It's not stupid, just those of us who are used to Samurai X find it over exaggerated. Once you get into the styles and everythin, though, RK is much more interesting than SX as far as fighting.

20. DistantSamurai

yeah you kinda have to have a certain taste if you want to enjoy Rk...yeah i loved how he just..."killed them"...hehe i found that so...realistic...he killed them...the job of the hitokiri was to kill swiftly and quietly...it was really nice...thats what got me hooked!:p