Exactly what's so great?

Discussion in 'Rurouni Kenshin' started by Rikugurl, May 10, 2003.

1. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

What makes Ruroken so great is the characters - their development, and their depth.

Each and every one of the main cast have something unique about them, and each one starts almost mysterious and unknown, and as the series continues and tidbits get released, you see that character in a completely new way.

This goes for the villains as well. None of them are boring as they each have their own ideals or purpose that defines them, be it simply a unique style of fighting, or a tragic past.

The fighting is there, but you see all aspects when it is. Nine times out of ten it's the mental fight of the fighters that determines the outcome.

The only flaw with this method of development is that it takes a bit for RK to gain hold of any momentum to drive you into it. Once you start to realize the intricate web woven around each and every character, you'll realize how superbly done it is. I remember the experience of watching new characters, and the suspense involved waiting to see exactly how they would turn out when developed.

2. DistantSamurai

DistantSamurai New Member

exactly! i think of the main "villians" don't deserve that name cause ach chacrter has their own purpose...and its not liek the other animes...i want to rule the world or something liek that...each chacrter has a intricate past that you get engulfed in...you wanna hate that character because they are against Kenshin but you really can't...thats what i absolutely love about RK...

3. Hitokiri_Gensai

Hitokiri_Gensai Gunslinger Girl

yeah the villians are the "normal" type of villian aka they want to take over the world...well some of them do but its not just to have power. theres more behind them then just the chase after power. usually its revenge aka Shishio Makoto, Yukishiro Enishi, Udo Jineh, Sagara Sanosuke, Tsukioka Katsuhirou. others its more of...er...well i rephrase that, Isurugi Raijuta was after power well his own Kingdom...anyway...

4. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy New Member

Sito, was out for revenge to and I like Kenshin becuase of it's entire spectrum of entertainment from its light humor so it's serious battles ^_^

5. Hitokiri_Gensai

it wasnt out of revenge...it was because he never finished a battle with Kenshin...they always ended up in a draw...the last time the had fought was during the Toba Fushimi conflict. actually his original purpose to fighting Kenshin was to test his strength..orders from Okubo Toshimichi through Kawaji. but it ended up as a struggle for life..

6. UFOtaku

UFOtaku Wachu loorkin at?!

And naturally, you wouldn't leave a fight at a draw, that goes into honor. You should always respect your opponent enough to accept a remaych f they ask for one. In the beginning of RK, alot of people fight Kenni, wanting him to unleash the battousai. Sometimes its so that they can use him, sometimes so they can say that they are the strongest, and so forth.

7. Hitokiri_Gensai

yeah...well the Shinsengumi's most important rule was dont do anything to stain the way of the Samurai so finishing a fight was what they were supposed to do...