Square Enix fav FF main hero!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sachiko, Jul 30, 2002.

?

Which FF hero???

1. Cloud (FF7)

27 vote(s)
    50.9%
  2. Squall (FF8)

13 vote(s)
    24.5%
  3. Zidane (FF9)

5 vote(s)
    9.4%
  4. Tidus (FF10)

8 vote(s)
    15.1%
  1. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

Now I'm only familiar with the Playstation (and 2) Final Fantasy main characters, and I have NO clue of previous FF heros. SO, this poll is ONLY for Cloud, Squall, Zidane, and Tidus! Who's the best or ur favorite?! :D

2. *Fabee*

*Fabee* Retired

I never liked the main character in the final fantasy games. For example: In FFX i liked Auron and in FFVIII I liked Zill! So the one that I prefer from the list you have given us is Squall.

3. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

I'm pretty much with ToOmaA...I never really liked the main characters in FF too much. But if I had to pick, then I'd choose Cecil (though Kain was cooler) from FFIV. The side-characters are just always cooler than the main character. I mean, there's Sabin (VI), the Pirate chick in V, Aeris in VII, Quistis in VIII, and Rikku/Lulu in X, and Monks in general for FFT. Who can beat that? :D

I've never played IX, but that girl with the eyepatch looks a LOT cooler than Zidane and Vivi! Who can ever hope to match that???

4. Bloodberry

Bloodberry Bloody Berry
    Staff Member

from the lsit givin, squall...he's like the most original character out of the list...he doesn't have a huge personality change, or any huge revelation about who he is and yadda yadda...he is who he is...and comes to terms with a part of himself that he just wasn't comfy with. look at the other 3, they're really alike...what with the goofy sides to their personalities...(yes, cloud is goofy damnit...lol not who he thought he was...)tho, my all time fav main character would be kain...(he is the amano image for 4, so that enters as main enough for me*^-^*)

5. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Too bad the SNES games were too small to amplify character development, huh Bloodberry? Kain was awesome, and he had the best unique ability out of all the characters in that game.

6. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

two works to describe him
    Locke Cole
    otherwise I'd choose Squall

7. Naru

Naru New Member

I like Cloud

because he was serious and he gives off like the impression that he is like mysterious....I think its neat, espescially since u learn about his past later on

8. BakaMattSu

BakaMattSu ^__^
    Staff Member

I tend to disagree with you Berry (bar the Kain part which I agree on)...I think Squall was a clone job of Cloud...I mean, they both have the silent attitude and the "I don't care" speech...

Now Zidane had more of a laid back attitude. He broke the trend of the silent mains who had the most minimal text in each of their respective games. Unlike the others, *he* had character. With Zidane, it was easy to see his various emotions such as confidence, fear, or determination...with Cloud/Squall...wellll...they didn't carry things so well, and seemed dang near robotic to me...

If only people could get past the fact that he has a monkey tail...o_O

9. Project191

Project191 Black Wind

my fav main hero is squall he have some action

10. Sachiko

Sachiko happy SMJ shoujo ^_^

I'll just tell you all my opinion. I have to agree with Baka that Zidane is the best, for the fact that he does not have a "loner attitude" but a cheerful one ^_^ It's really refreshing too after havng Cloud and Squall as main characters. I love Zidane's character, because he's so funny and kawaii at times! And his tail's cute! :D

11. GenericHero5

GenericHero5 All Ska Super Star

How true.
    It is for that reason why i have chosen ZIDANE!!!! (Bells and whistles)

(That, plus he gets some....
    and who could forget that time at the....*Static* This post has been modified to prevent spoilers.*/Static* I mean, wow that was great...best moment in games evah!)

12. Ciel

Ciel Unoa Freak
    Staff Member

lol. I'll go with Tidus, cuz he was really funny. He talked quite a lot and was cheerful. I also really loved his lil speeches when getting into battle, especially when the party ran away. Perhaps I like him because of how Square animated him. He was real to me. Not hanging upside down flying in a tree or with a cold stare, no speech. And he had issues just like all the other main characters do, but I think he handled the issues pretty well. My second choice would be Squall.

I'm getting tired of main characters who don't speak, and the characters put words in their mouths so we know what they said... of course I haven't played 9, but I appreciate Zidane if he was an approachable character ;)

13. Echiko

Echiko New Member

ZIDANE ZIDANE!!! :D

He is so funny and cheerful! So sweet towards Garnet/Dagger!!

14. Zanza

Zanza .Net-ing & PHP-ing~*
    Staff Member

Need I say more??

Sorry Tooms that I quoted you (if what I just say was right:sweat:!) but what you just said here is what I was going to say exactly!!
    So..why should I bother?? :sweat2:

15. sailorvenus

sailorvenus 24 days to go...^^

My favorite is Cloud. I use to like Squall, but unfortunately I grew tired of him...don't know why...maybe bec. of Rinoa...oopsies...never mind...:D

16. Mako_Spirit

Mako_Spirit New Member

Hey, Cloud rules because he's just an interesting char all around. Squall is spiffy also but not as much so as the spikey headed freak. As for the other chars on the pole, they're just dumb in my opinion. I especially cannot stand Tidus, he's really odd and looks like Meg Ryan. :dizzy2:

17. MamiyaOtaru

MamiyaOtaru President Bushman

LOL! i couldn't quite put my finger on it. He really does. That's pretty freaky :)

18. c0ke

c0ke New Member

Cloud is the man!

The rest sucks (In my opinion)

Cloud talks, he holds a huge sword, and He's dead.

19. ~ Zack ~

~ Zack ~ Guest

Cloud is old and faded, Squall I don't even know the point of his existence, Zidane... I won't even get into THAT, and Tidus is the only one who's really okay out of all of them. I don't like many FF heroes, they all flip out completely at some time, though I think Ramza was one of the lesser cases, which is kicks ***.

20. Legato

Legato Shakkin Daiou

However keep in mind that:

Cloud
    Hairstyle: Dragonball Z-esque
    Pants: Big, Boofy and Purple
    Weapon: Really Stupid
    Face: Eyes on a ball
    Colours: Purple and Yellow.

Squall
    Hairstyle: Very Squaresofty
    Pants: Tight Leather Yoo-Hoo Pants