Square Enix Favorite Chrono Trigger Character.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Star Princess, Aug 26, 2003.

?

Favorite character?

1. Crono

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  2. Marle

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Lucca

3 vote(s)
    15.0%
  4. Frog

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. Robo

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  6. Ayla

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  7. Magus

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  8. Schala

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Queen Zeal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other (please specify)

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Star Princess

Star Princess Haters are retarded.

Which character from Chrono Trigger is your absolute favorite and why?

2. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

There'll probably be a resounding vote for Magus in the polls...and he's cool and all...but I prefer Ayla. Not only because she's the whole KEY to the timestream (beat the game once, all the way through, and find out) but she's just one of the cooler characters.

Not to mention, she's owner of the most powerful weapon in the game, Bronze Fist. Hehehehehehe! High attack power, and a chance of 9999 HP damage as a critical hit. Can't beat that. And usually, her Triple Tech with Crono and Lucca, "Gatling Kick" and with Crono and Merle, "Final Kick" are among the consecutively powerful techs in the entire game. ^_^ Her Triple Kick combo with Lucca does wonders, too!

I'd thought she'd have weapons, though, as she's always shown with a club. I guess not though. Oh, and try equipping her with a pair of PrismShades...THEN she'll start whoopin'...and there ain't no stopping her after that!

Of course, Crono comes in second. Only because you get to USE him for most of the game. And only because he's got the highest speed, and Luminaire and Rainbow. Well, also because he doesn't really talk...unless you get one of the endings.

Edit: Ayla also has some of the best animations in the game. Like, her run animation. The best in the game, baby! Heheh, probably only because she runs like a cat. And her drinking animation...pretty cool lookin', since she drinks a few gallons at a time. ^_^

Well, she's also pretty wise for someone so neanderthallic. Hehehe, well, at least she says some of the wiser things in the game. Then again, most everyone has pretty wise things to say as the game moves on. Like Belthasar. ^_^

3. Nakoruru

Nakoruru New Member

FROG! I mean, who wouldn't like a talking frog? He's pretty strong, cool, and yup, that's all I have. To me, strength doesn't really come into thought when picking a favorite character, you have to just look at the character in general for me.

BUT, Izzy, you're right, Ayla is really strong and if this was a strength contest, she would win.

4. Bau

Bau New Member

I'm with izzy deffenity Ayla, she's a skanky cave woman hehehe just kiddin' don't take offence to that, anyway her attacks is freakin' awsome and the fact that she has no "weapon" makes one part in the game, Really fun to do.

the i would say Lucca and Frog tied, cause how can i choose between Cool frog dude or ultimate fire magic caster that also looks cool.

the crono, i like crono he looks cool too.
    but i usually have my team lucca, frog and ayla, FLARE.
    and DROP KICK looks SO sweet, adn does some pretty good DMG.

oh by the way i didn't know that alya leveled up her weapon past the iron claw, i got that cause i'm lv 76. thats cool i have to train more and get it.
    hehehe

5. Novus

Novus Gone

It's all about Frog. He has the best personality, the best theme music, and the coolest everything. He has the best backstory of all the characters as well, and the movie where he splits open the entrance to Magus's lair from the remake is the best moment in the game.

6. Suzu

Suzu 7th Seat Shinigami

Lucca! She my favorite character. She's smart and has a bag full of nifty gadjets. XD I love her weapon!

7. Masimmune

Masimmune New Member

Crono. I used to like Magus a lot, and still do, but I just like Crono more because he's the only one I'd really miss if a character had to be taken out of the team. A lot of people like Frog, Magus, and Lucca I know.

8. Salamander

Salamander New Member

I've been a fan of Magus since I saw his picture in a review of Chrono Trigger. He's pretty cool character and he's almost always in my party.

Why I like Magus? Because he has the one of the coolest theme songs ever.

9. Fushigi Rockna

Schala, she's really pretty, and that bg music of hers. ^^
    Btw, i know Akira Toriyama is the character designer in Chrono Trigger, but i cna't help giggling when i see Schala and Lucca, lucca looks like biulma... Schala looks like Surpreme Kai. :p

10. Novus

Novus Gone

. . . Why stop there? If you colour Magus green, he could be Piccolo, and if you change Crono's hair colour, dressed him up in martial arts gear and took away his weapon he could be Goku! And Ozzy's fat, so let's pretend he's Yajirobe ...

Why can't people get past the fact that Toriyama just has a distinctive style he draws characters in, and this inevitably results in some similarity? I mean, people don't look at one of Dali's works and say that the presence of a clock makes so much of his stuff just look like more Persistence of Memory's. It bothers me, it does.

11. Ark

Ark Praise Judas!

I love Frog's backstory and theme music, best in the game by far.

Magus has the coolest character design, though. Nice attacks, too.

And Crono is just cool.

- Ark

12. marlefan

marlefan New Member

Chrono Trigger rocks!

Marle has got to be my all-time favorite character
    in Chrono Trigger! I mean, she is sooooo hot! And I
    also love her healing magics, they're really powerful,
    especially Life 2, it brings one ally back to life with full
    HP! I also love Haste, it can be usefull when you're slower
    than your enemy, or if you really want to speed things up
    so that you can attack more often before your enemy does.

Marle's combos are pretty awesome, Ice Water, (combo with
    Frog) which hits all enemies, and Glacier, (another combo with
    Frog) which hits one enemy with heavy damage, Aura Whirl,
    (combo with Crono) which heals all allies (except dead ones),
    Antipodes 1, 2, & 3 (combos with Lucca) deal serious damage
    to enemies in a certain range (except for Antipode 3, which hits all
    enemies). Ice Sword & Ice Sword 2 are really cool, Ice Sword
    (combo with Crono) hits one enemy, while Ice Sword 2 (another
    combo with Crono) can hit more than one enemy (I think),
    Aura Beam, (combo with Robo) heals all allies (except dead ones) it's
    better than Aura Whirl, Marle and Frog have a healing combo, I just can't
    remember what it's called, but it's really cool. Cube Toss, (combo with Ayla)
    hits one enemy with serious damage, Marle has another combo with Ayla but I
    can't remember what it's called, but trust me, it's awesome.

Overall, Marle is a pretty awesome character. However, I can't forget to
    mention Crono when I talk about Marle. I mean, the guy is soooo lucky to
    have such a cute girl for his girlfriend. Yeah, we all know it's true, in fact,
    you really get a great clue to this if you get one or two of the endings, in both of the endings, one thing stays the same, you have to destroy the
    Epoch. However, in one of the endings, you have to leave Crono dead.
    (I know it's tragic to just not try to get him back, but you should see this
    ending at least once) You also get a great clue when you ressurect Crono.
    So first, see the clue from the ressurection of Crono, and then find out how
    you can change the ending, and then you decide which one you like better.

13. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Frog. Call me stupid, but I always loved his knightyness. And his theme music, always gives me goosebumps of excitement (this guy loves heroic music) :p And what's cooler than a sword wielding amphibian?... Drunken kung-fu panda's, maybe..
    :p
    Anyway, there are some fun references in CT. Such as the evil trio, all their names based on popular music artists.
    Ozzie from Ozzie Osbourne (duh). Slash, from Guns N Roses, and Flea from Red Hot Chili Peppers.

:D

14. Reisti Skalchaste

Reisti Skalchaste New Member

I didn't even notice that! Cool.

Anyway, Lucca's my favorite. She's intelligent, powerful (omg flare), not to mention hotter than her own magic. :D

And she's the underdog. Crono always seems to go for Marle, and part of me feels bad for Lucca. If she were real I'd try and... "cheer her up" :D

Though I think Magus' theme is the best, followed by Crono's.

I know she's always in my party.
    I took Marle out for the scene on Death Mountain, and I liked it so much more, having Lucca welcome Crono back instead.

15. Superfly

Superfly Active Member

Maybe one of you could tell me where I "train" and get experience near the end of the game, I did every sidequest, but there's still much room left for improvement.. >> never got to getting Ayla's upgraded fists..

16. Izzy

Izzy moo. moo. moo!
    Staff Member

Best place to get experience is Zeal's Ocean Palace/Black Omen. The bad guys there usually net you some nice exp.

What I kept doing was going back and forth through the Floating Rock area. The bad guys there give lots of EXP, along with the Rubbles which give 1000 EXP + 100 AP.

17. marlefan

marlefan New Member

Lucca fans unite!

:) Here we go all you Lucca fans, Don't you just love her intelligence? Her
    massive fire techs? And overall pizazz? I've heard that some of you think that Lucca is kinda left out when it comes to the three main characters (Crono, Marle, and of course, Lucca).
    However, I've got a suggestion for you, after Crono dies, but before you ressurect him (if you do) talk to Lucca in the end of Time when she's not on your team, and you'll get how Lucca truly feels about Crono.

Also, if you don't intend on ressurecting Crono, you might want to go ahead and destroy the Epoch right before you fight Lavos.
    If you want to get some cool endings, try this, first ending; Crono's Mom, this one is the most common ending that you will run into:D . Second ending; Marle Floats Away, this is my favorite ending, this ending is simple, just destroy the Epoch after you ressurect Crono:cool: .
    Third ending; Frog Transformed, this ending is a bit complicated, first you have to intend on not ressurecting Crono, and you have to defeat Magus a second time:D . Fourth ending; Chasing Gaspar, this ending also requires you to forget about ressurecting Crono, and it also requires you to destroy the Epoch;) . Fifth ending; Inevitable Ressurection, this ending is another one of my faves, first, you must not ressurect Crono, next, you must destroy the Epoch, defeating Magus twice is optional here:cool: . Sixth ending, Dream Team, this ending is the most difficult ending, since you have to defeat Lavos before Crono dies;) .

18. marlefan

marlefan New Member

How do you get the claws anyway? I can't find them anywhere!
    How do I get the ending where Crono talks? Unless it's the same one where Crono's Mom dissappears! (actually there are many different ways that this ending can be like, so please tell me how I get the ending)

A great place to gain experience would be in 65000000 BC.
    And if you haven't defeated it yet, the Tyranno lair is another great place to gain experience. Magus' Castle is also a good place to gain experience.

19. marlefan

marlefan New Member

Yes I agree that Schala is really cool. I also love her bgm music. And yet, I think that it's sad that Schala dissappears..... unless you can defeat Lavos before Crono dies!

20. marlefan

marlefan New Member

I love the bgm's!

Every single bgm (except for the sad music) is extremely awesome!
    Schala, Marle, Crono, Lucca, Robo, Frog, Magus, Ayla, and Lavos's themes are some of my all-time fave's. I also like the bgm's for the Black Omen, the Tyranno Lair, Gaurdia Castle, Ocean Palace, Zeal Kingdom, and the End of Time.